What's new

PTI Lockdown cancelled, changed to 'Thanksgivng Day'

GreenFalcon

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
PTI postpones ‘lock-down’ for now, decides to celebrate ‘thanksgiving’ day on Nov 2
11 mins ago BY Web Desk
Imran-Khan-5.jpg

Pakistan Tehreek-eInsaf Chairman Imran Khan Tuesday (today) announced that his party won’t lock-down the federal capital on November 2.

Talking to media, he said that his party will now celebrated as a day of thanksgiving in Islamabad’s Parade ground at 2 pm Wednesday (tomorrow).

“Go home and rest,” Khan told supporters, “You have to return to Islamabad tomorrow to celebrate thanksgiving at Parade Ground.”

“I am elated that the investigation into Nawaz Sharif’s [alleged corruption] will begin day after tomorrow.”

The decision came in the wake of the court’s decision.

Declaring the SC decision a “victory”, the party has decided to instead celebrate November 2 as a day of thanksgiving.

Waiting for the PTI chief’s announcement, party’s supporters danced and did push-ups.
http://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/201...cides-to-celebrate-thanksgiving-day-on-nov-2/

imran-khan-bani-galla.jpg

File Photo. Farooq Naeem—AFP

IMRAN KHAN CANCELS NOV. 2 DHARNA AFTER SUPREME COURT ORDERS, INVITES NATION TO CELEBRATE AT PARADE GROUND.
Following a Supreme Court decision to form a judicial commission to investigate the Panama Papers scandal and Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif’s alleged link to offshore bank accounts, the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf on Tuesday announced it had cancelled a planned “lock down” of the federal capital.

“I thank all my supporters for fighting to rid this country of corruption,” cricketer-turned-politician Imran Khan announced outside his Bani Gala residence. “Now, go home and rest because you have to return to Islamabad again tomorrow.”

Instead of a dharna or protest, Khan said, the party would now mark Nov. 2 as a “day of gratitude” and would celebrate its victory at the Supreme Court.

Earlier, PTI spokesman Naeemul Haq had claimed the party would go ahead with the Nov. 2 dharna, claiming the Panama Papers were a “small part” of the corruption plaguing the country.

Last edited:
Good decision by Imran khan. If he still insist for dharna, then he lose support because hearing is starting the day after tomorrow.SC ordered corruption probe against PM Sharif. Good move :tup: While let see how many people he gather tomorrow in islamabad for Jalsa, hoping good show.

Last edited:
i didnt hear what Imran khan said.... did he really cancel dharna? now there will be jalsa only? as far as I think...its a bad news... what was all the tamasha about? Imran khan should answer tht... either he should not have called for dharna..in the first place...or should have cancelled it...right when..Supreme Court took up the Panama case... now after few ppl died.because of govt reaction....including a kid..his karkun arrested....and he himself hiding in Bani gala till now...taking the excuse tht...I will come out on 2nd, while his karkun were facing difficulties...he said now there will be jalsa instead of dharna?

I think its a victory of status quo .. SC. will do..what it does best..... just like..a decision they made after previous dharna..take a lot of time, and in the end..will give an impotent decision.... is this the victory against corruption,,,tht Imran khan was talking abt?...all these days?after endangering his workers' life...and himself hiding in bani gala...now when all blockades will be removed..he will go there, and do a jalsa...and celebrate "YOUM E TAHSAKKUR'? really? I mean seriously? tashakkur for what? uptil now....no decision has come yet...and he is celebrating youm e tashakkur? really? very coward of Imran khan.. am sooo disappointed... after raising our hopes abt change..and corruption tht people will apply pressure...now he says..there will be jalsa instead of dharna? did he really say tht? is dharna really cancelled..and now jalsa only?

@PakSword @Verve @Rashid Mahmood

Flop Dharna Number Two.
Billionaire Imran Khan has turned out to be a complete failure.

Using a human shield by Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf to create political agitation in the country has reached a new low.
?????

Flop Dharna Number Two.
Billionaire Imran Khan has turned out to be a complete failure.

Using a human shield by Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf to create political agitation in the country has reached a new low.
He already agreed on Talashi

I think very good decision by PTI... I highly appreciate that.

Let the SC do its job and regardless of the outcome the Noon league is likely to be humilated and thrashed by every passing day leading to lack of support and embarrasement

I for now admire this decision as any chaos is not in the best interest of Pakistan.

I think due to less number of PTI workers to lock down Islamabad....no support from Tahir ur Qadri .....Pervez Khattak tried to please IK with bad poor politics of ethnic tensions..... Alot of PTI arrested in Punjab. Also Kpk CM Khattak only could manage 4000-5000 supporters in cars from KPK.

PTI ACHIEVED its OBJECTIVES:

Also Imran Khan achieved its objectives, peaceful denting PMLN, tallaashi of Nawaz Sharif gang started , Supreme Court verdict, Dawn News leaks and garner overall support. PTI has succeeded.

Back
Top Bottom