What's new

PTI HAS ANNOUNCED RESIGNATIONS FROM NATIONAL ASSEMBLY!

V. Makarov

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
1649587887648.png

1649587867180.png

1649587911437.png

The PTI has also announced that they will challenge Shahbaz Sharif's candidature in the National Assembly for the post of Prime Minister! Shah Mehmood Qureshi will be the candidate from PTI. The reason for the challenge is to show the people that Shahbaz Sharif, who was supposed to be indicted tomorrow, does not deserve to be the PM of Pakistan.

1649588295511.png

Last edited:
There is nothing to achieve in Parliament. Entire system is now rigged against PTI so this is the most effective move on table.
But they would have been a legitimate opposition in parliament. They can eagage in street politics and remain in opposition

Presumably ECP will have to then have 150+ by polls. Will PTI contest them?

Regards

I am going to go out on a limb here and say that these resignations are also part of the "DEAL". I think last night, how smoothly the speakership was transfered from Asad Qaiser to Ayyaz Saddiq, there has been a proper understanding between PTI and the beggars. I think they have agreed to go towards election within 1-2 months.

But they would have been a legitimate opposition in parliament. They can eagage in street politics and remain in opposition

In Pakistan opposition parties are as effective as toilet paper. It is always street politics which has yielded results. If today they sit with same parties they claimed to be foreign sponsored then it will be a political suicide. PTI has lot of street power enough to effectively cripple new govt. In my opinion resigning en masse is in itself a symbolic and historic move in Pakistan. It will give them lots of milage for next election next year.

Back
Top Bottom