What's new

PTI government failed to protect DI Khan jail despite intelligence warning

Pksecurity

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
TTP terrorists attacked the Central Jail in Dera Ismail Khan on Monday night and freed more than 200 terrorists besides killing a handful of prisoners and security staff. DI Khan is a major city of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KPK) province and is close to South Waziristan Agency. The attackers sixty in number, who moved and charged unnoticed by the local police, overpowered security personnel deployed at the prison who did not even make an effort to offer resistance. According to initial investigations, the first prison gate was destroyed by the attackers equipped with hand grenades and automatic weapons, but the other two gates were let open by security personnel. The police personnel who were responsible for security of the prison’s outside building were not present at the time of attack and arrived there four-and-a-half hours later. It seems that the first and second defence lines of the jail offered no resistance leaving no room for the army to engage the attackers to protect the prison.
This is a clear example of collapse of governance in a province which is ruled by Imran Khan’s PTI who is perceived to be a sympathizer of the terrorists. The fact that intelligence agencies had forewarned the government of the imminent attack and there was no preparation to meet it head-on only substantiates the fact that Khyber Pakhtunkhwa administration was totally incompetent. As usual, the Chief Minister, Pervez Khattak attributed his government’s failure to intelligence agencies. This is a poor case of passing the buck on.

DI Khan Jail Break shows governance in KPK of Pakistan has totally collapsed

In This matter I am with Intelligence Agencies ... I know for a fact that KPK gov was informed earlier to beef up their security on some prisons, as there were serious security threats , but like always those warnings were shrugged off ... So Yes This Time KPK gov is responsible for this huge failure , and they need to take the responsibility & accept their fault & make sure this never happens again ... instead of blaming it on other institutions .

In This matter I am with Intelligence Agencies ... I know for a fact that KPK gov was informed earlier to beef up their security on some prisons, as there were serious security threats , but like always those warnings were shrugged off ... So Yes This Time KPK gov is responsible for this huge failure , and they need to take the responsibility & accept their fault & make sure this never happens again ... instead of blaming it on other institutions .

Strong Intelligence that this was gonna happen, i also predicted this earlier.

Now lets talk sense, the army is everywhere in Pakistan so they should have come and sat there and wait for taloobs to come around and kill them all? dont tell me that dont have the permission to!!!

They also know how well the police are equipped, the curfew, why make them stay there!

Now think with straight head/neutral mind

Now how does this sound

how about they helped them escape? sounds better/make sense/they have done this before .... the list goes on.

Now lets talk sense, the army is everywhere in Pakistan so they should have come and sat there and wait for taloobs to come around and kill them all? dont tell me that dont have the permission to!!!

They also know how well the police are equipped, the curfew, why make them stay there!

Now how does this sound

how about they helped them escape? sounds better/make sense/they have done this before .... the list goes on.

Dont be Idiotic ...

If Army has to Come & do every Goddamn Job then Dissolve every other LEA & give their Funds to Army .. This was the job of Police & other LEA's .. Not Army . the failed pathetically ... like always & are now blaming others for their failure .

Now how does this sound

I agree with the above, Prior to the intelligence the chief minister should have immediately beefed up the security of the prison, or requested the army to guard the premises of the prison of an imminent attack.

I wish all the success to the PTI government in KP, its still early days, but they will have to deal terrorism with an iron hand.

I agree with the above, Prior to the intelligence the chief minister should have immediately beefed up the security of the prison, or requested the army to guard the premises of the prison of an imminent attack.

I wish all the success to the PTI government in KP, its still early days, but they will have to deal terrorism with an iron hand.

Bro you guys gonna drive me nuts, how comes you guys cant see common sense.

ISI/IB got the intelligence. correct?
who would the tell first. Army correct?
Army knows how well the police are equipped. correct?
Army is everywhere in Pakistan. correct?
they got the right equipment to protect the prison. correct?
why didnt they come on time?

Did they help escape these Taloobs? Bloody correct.

Dont be Idiotic ...

If Army has to Come & do every Goddamn Job then Dissolve every other LEA & give their Funds to Army .. This was the job of Police & other LEA's .. Not Army . the failed pathetically ... like always & are now blaming others for their failure .

Like the army have helped failed the democracy/politicians. A good agenda to keep a bunch of brainwashed people in control and helps them stay in power.

EUREKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WRONG

Once Intelligence Agencies get any intel .. the dont tell it to Just Army .. hell sometimes they dont even inform Army ( as it is not their Job ) They tell the related LEA's of that Province .. & the CM secretariat .. now the rest is their Job .

When every they try to act on their own .. then People of our great country start to go against Army .

If Army has to protect the Jails .. then WHAT THE HELL is your police force for ?? did you know total budget of Police Exceeds the Army's budget ??

WRONG

Once Intelligence Agencies get any intel .. the dont tell it to Just Army .. hell sometimes they dont even inform Army ( as it is not their Job ) They tell the related LEA's of that Province .. & the CM secretariat .. now the rest is their Job .

When every they try to act on their own .. then People of our great country start to go against Army .

If Army has to protect the Jails .. then WHAT THE HELL is your police force for ?? did you know total budget of Police Exceeds the Army's budget ??

Bro all i am saying be Neutral and think with a straight head. (not a brainwashed 1)

The Army have killed hundred of thousands people (innocent), killing a few hundred Taloobs wont make any difference to generals? so why not kill them on the spot? why keep them in a jail next to fata? why not a different prison? please dont tell me they cant do the above.

Long story short. Things will get better after 2014 or they have lost control & what they showing us is true.

WRONG

Isnt the same army in a war with bloody TTP..?SO when these TTP is executing a terror attack very near army contonment,shouldnt it be the natural response of the army to intervene..?

WRONG

R u cerius Jr. Think Tank? From what we read from Pakistan's financial bill, the budget of the pak army is over 30% of the national budget. R u sure that poor civilian police gets that kind of money?

Bro all i am saying be Neutral and think with a straight head. (not a brainwashed 1)

The Army have killed hundred of thousands people (innocent), killing a few hundred Taloobs wont make any difference to generals? so why not kill them on the spot? why keep them in a jail next to fata? why not a different prison? please dont tell me they cant do the above.

Long story short. Things will get better after 2014 or they have lost control & what they showing us is true.

Looks like that you have learned the strong action that pak army has taken against mullah barader. All signs of a very professional and non political army I must say!!

Back
Top Bottom