What's new

PTI calls for electronic voting machines in upcoming elections

It is easier to hack through electronic voting with little trace to none. A traditional voting system is working fine which is being used all over the world provided Pakistan army secures the election day to ensure that the integrity of the voting system is not compromised. Also, if compromised, that leaves the trace behind to demand re-accountability later.
there is many things hich army cant protect. for example recent local body election in ward 6. PMLN candidate registered 300 votes from outside halqa and them came and they voted. there is no legal way to stop it. same thing happened in na122. in every by election u could brng people outside the halqa , u just have to fill simple form and get them registered. Moreover, pollng staff is mostly government officals and they are the ones who are involved in rigging. army can maintain discipline and law and order but cant counter such rigging tactics.

Happy to take money? That money goes to family through Pakistan as platform. And some charitable projects as well which is great deeds. If people are expecting in return for charity, then it is not charity at all. As for contribution to the family, that is their family matter.

I am sure some nations give rights to vote for overseas, but that doesn't change the fact about the conflicts of interest, does it? We are talking about the fate of nation dependable on the overseas Pakistanis where their loyalty are alligned with the nations they live in. It is not ideal scenario at all.

If there is no conflict of interests, then you have case.

Beside those links you posted prepares the form for national citizens going overseas or live in overseas as national citizen can vote through the digital platform in sites. Remember, it is about casting the votes for those nations [as national citizens] while living in overseas for several reasons; work visa, trip visa,...etc.

Those cannot vote for Pakistan since those sites are not about Pakistan at all. If overseas Pakistanis are national citizens in those nations they live in, then they are not entitled to vote for Pakistan that might invite conflict of interests.
well when we are mentioning conflict of intrest. what if government officals say PM or finance minister have all they bussiness abroad. isnt that conflict of intrest?

there is many things hich army cant protect. for example recent local body election in ward 6. PMLN candidate registered 300 votes from outside halqa and them came and they voted. there is no legal way to stop it. same thing happened in na122. in every by election u could brng people outside the halqa , u just have to fill simple form and get them registered. Moreover, pollng staff is mostly government officals and they are the ones who are involved in rigging. army can maintain discipline and law and order but cant counter such rigging tactics.

In investigation, it will leave you trace [people indirectly are involved] behind due to traditional election system, but not in online which makes it easier to hack without leaving any trace behind. That is the problem. Problem is not rigging, rather it is to prove there is rigging.

If there is unbiased investigation, it is easier to prove rigging took place on the tradition election system if there is one. But in online system, good luck with that. That being said, online system is getting better and better in term of securing the channels through the encryption methods, but maybe in the future, it will be safe to implement those online election system.

well when we are mentioning conflict of intrest. what if government officals say PM or finance minister have all they bussiness abroad. isnt that conflict of intrest?

There is no such thing as conflict of interest in business. In fact, Globalization is built on that stand. But you could argue for PMLN as political party should not be involved to further its business empire at the expense of business competitive field. As business, it is okay as long as taxes are paid.

This guy @Fallen King is a false flagger. Just ignore this arrogant troll.

You have 35 posts. I suggest you take your words back before you find yourself banned as arrogant troll. I will leave that to Moderators to handle your case. Good luck!!!

You have 35 posts. I suggest you take your words back before you find yourself banned as arrogant troll. I will leave that to Moderators to handle your case. Good luck!!!

The more and more you talk. The more and more pathetic you are becoming... refer back to my first post. NO LEGAL PAKISTANI CITIZEN SHOULD BE DENIED THE RIGHT TO VOTE. Regardless if they live in Pakistan, UAE, England, USA, or Japan. Is it too hard for you to understand basic civilized laws of a nation?

The more and more you talk. The more and more pathetic you are becoming... refer back to my first post. NO LEGAL PAKISTANI CITIZEN SHOULD BE DENIED THE RIGHT TO VOTE. Regardless if they live in Pakistan, UAE, England, USA, or Japan. Is it too hard for you to understand basic civilized laws of a nation?

Focus on the bold point which fails to convince you. No Legal Pakistani citizens should be denied the right to vote in overseas based on work/trip visa, but we are not talking about legal Pakistanis, are we?

Overseas Pakistan that is national citizens of those nations they live in and they vote for those nations cannot be legally allowed to vote for Pakistan deciding the fate of real Pakistanis, not to mention the conflict of interests to the nations where they live in and their loyalty lies to.

Do you understand the definition of 'Conflict of interests'? It is huge deals that shouldn't be underestimated.

Let's not forget this is just debate and feel free to prove me wrong in the civilized manners. If i had started your way, thing would get ugly. Now, let's have civilized debate regardless of differences, shall we?

Last edited:
Overseas Pakistan that is national citizens of those nations they live in and they vote for those nations cannot be legally allowed to vote for Pakistan deciding the fate of real Pakistanis, not to mention the conflict of interests to the nations where they live in and their loyalty lies to.

Ever heard of DUAL-NATIONALITY? it's useless to argue with such an ignorant person.

Ever heard of DUAL-NATIONALITY? it's useless to argue with such an ignorant person.

But we are talking about the rights to vote which also backs by those links posted by your compadre if you paid attention to the post.

Under dual-nationality, you can make trip, but that doesn't mean you should be allowed to vote. You should vote only in the nation you are national-citizen of to ensure there is no conflict of interests despite umpteenth times explained already.

If it is useless to argue with me, then that ends the debate right here. Stop wasting your time with me then. :D

Under dual-nationality, you can make trip, but that doesn't mean you should be allowed to vote.

Never have meet more of a ignorant and brainless person than you. You do not understand nor have any idea how dual-nationality works nor voting legal franchisement nor the Pakistan election system. You belong in the drama forums.

Never have meet more of a ignorant and brainless person than you. You do not understand nor have any idea how dual-nationality works nor voting legal franchisement nor the Pakistan election system. You belong in the drama forums.

Dual-Nationality on voting rights is very complex. It boils down to each nations.

But you wanna paint the story while you cannot back it up with evidence or material to back your statement. Right now, you are the one who is doing drama of sort. I did give you benefit of doubt to prove me wrong in regards to voting rights in terms of dual-nationality.

Again, the voting rights is very different matter and very complex process.

Sir he cannot even read Urdu and acts as some sort of authority on Pakistan.

Since when do i act as some of authority around here? Are you confusing my debatable opinions as some sort of authority? Then that is on you. :D

His face tells all about his level of intellect.

Dual-Nationality on voting rights is very complex. It boils down to each nations.

Again, the voting rights is very different matter and very complex process.

If this matter is really complex why do you act like an expert on it. Why do you even have the audacity to comment on a thread which is about voting—which you aren't even so sure about?

Focus on the bold point which fails to convince you. No Legal Pakistani citizens should be denied the right to vote in overseas based on work/trip visa, but we are not talking about legal Pakistanis, are we?

Do you understand the definition of 'Conflict of interests'? It is huge deals that shouldn't be underestimated.

Let's not forget this is just debate and feel free to prove me wrong in the civilized manners. If i had started your way, thing would get ugly. Now, let's have civilized debate regardless of differences, shall we?

I don't get conflict of interest, you are making it our like overseas Pakistanis live in India and Afghanistan.

His face tells all about his level of intellect.

If this matter is really complex why do you act like an expert on it. Why do you even have the audacity to comment on a thread which is about voting—which you aren't even so sure about?

I am clearly asking you to prove me wrong if that is case. Instead you are trolling here given your last five posts that yields no intellectual basis to prove your case worth. Clearly, you have no case, and just trolling everyone given your lack of intellectual basis.

One of your compadre provided the links already which supports in my favor since dual-nationality on voting rights is really complicated with various complex process. Not to mention, most nations are working on changing the system in favor dual-national broadening the horizon of voting rights. In the past, you could have lost your USA citizenship just by voting in Pakistan if you were national citizen of USA judging by your flag. That example has happened in the past which is now reversed.

You make it sound it is piece of cake which suggests you never voted in Pakistan election to begin with. Ask your parents, i am sure they will brief you better. :D

I don't get conflict of interest, you are making it our like overseas Pakistanis live in India and Afghanistan.

Conflict of interests mean one loyalty and two nations. If you are national citizen of England/US/Canada, then you are not supposed to vote in Pakistan, but you can travel to Pakistan. Unless you are in USA on work/trip visa, then you can vote for Pakistan through online or letter. That is what most do nowadays while in overseas.

Last edited:
Whether you like it or not. I'm voting for Imran Khan in 2018. And that is from the comfort of home in the United States and using a mobile device. There is a massive reform on elections coming AKA an Electoral DRS.

http://www.thenews.com.pk/amp/146438-Overseas-Pakistanis-to-cast-votes-through-internet

Of course, you can. Unfortunately, your blah-blah attempt only made you incompetent right now. Pay attention to the post carefully in regards to the restriction that apply.

Conflict of interests mean one loyalty and two nations. If you are national citizen of England/US/Canada, then you are not supposed to vote in Pakistan, but you can travel to Pakistan. Unless you are in USA on work/trip visa, then you can vote for Pakistan through online or letter. That is what most do nowadays while in overseas. [Overseas American, Overseas Canadian, Overseas English]

Similarity, people who are living aboard on trip/work visa while remains national citizen of Pakistan, then they can vote for Pakistan through the only system which is already available in North America, Europe and elsewhere. Otherwise, it is conflicts of interests if overseas Pakistanis happen to be national citizen while vote for Pakistan through the online system which is presuming to be national citizen of Pakistan as well.

When you take oath and allegiance to the nation you live in, you surrender your loyalty to the only nation you live in no matter what. Have you forgotten your own oath and allegiance to USA you live in? If you have, then it doesn't take long to report your posts to the US authorities to remind your oath and allegiance to USA only. :D

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom