What's new

Procurement of new aircraft in PAF

I had a feeling that the topic would pop up - but those were to be financed by the services rendered by the Pakistan Armed Forces for fighting against the Taliban.

"...Pakistan had not done enough to end the Haqqani network’s sanctuaries on its soil" = what B.S.!!!

Ask for our help, we get the job done (lose innocent lives in the process) and than people back out. Yeah, seems just about right.

if Pakistan did not get involved in Soviet-Afghan war or War on terror the PAF won't be operating F-16s

it is not the purchase. it is ongoing maintenance/training that will kill the PAF

So why is PAF still alive with 400+ fighters ???
While on record PAF has stated the older aircrafts are more expensive to operate ...due to repeated overhauls of older aircrafts..

While govt revenues and budget has shown consistent double digit growth..

That's your interests not ours, you used us and after that you forget our sacrifices on WOT, USA always backstubb Pakistan @nahtanbob :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:
He is an Indian

if Pakistan did not get involved in Soviet-Afghan war or War on terror the PAF won't be operating F-16s
Than we would be operating the mirages

f16 won the battle of being slightly cheaper(due to widely produced) and more multirole with larger engine and range(30%more)

Pakistan seriously thought about inducting the mirages but it didnt as it was hopeful it will get the f16s it already ordered later when the money was refunded Pakistan thunder was about to fly and than even the f16 opened up

You are forgetting some developments in the recent past. After aligning with America, there was a period where India wasn't pursuing arms from Russia. And even now it has backed out of Su-57. This is the time to approach Russia and guarantee support through thick and thin on Su-57. This is what Azm should look like: Pakistani students start studying in Russian unis and Russian profs start coming over to Pakistan. Subjects should be materials science, nanotechnology, mechatronics etc. And the aim should be increasing the reliability, lowering maintenance cost on Flankers, as well as bringing Su-57 to completion. PAF already has Vision 2047. That is the right time frame for such aims.

Now that I have posted this, would you like to bet that in a few months' time we will get a news item saying India is going to do exactly that? IF that happens, sit back and think. Why?

@Oscar
Just usual sour grapes from India- wouldn’t even bother replying.

So why is PAF still alive with 400+ fighters ???
While on record PAF has stated the older aircrafts are more expensive to operate ...due to repeated overhauls of older aircrafts..

the jf-17 was financed by china. pakistan wrote a check. those check did not cover all the expenses.
the f-16s are gift of american tax payers
the j-7s were at cutrate prices from china
the mirage III and mirage-5s are ancient aircraft

"While on record PAF has stated the older aircrafts are more expensive to operate"
which older aircraft and which newer aircraft are we comparing ? anything is expensive compared to the f-16

Than we would be operating the mirages

the PAF had a chance to purchase both mirage-2000 and rafale
they never did which is the whole point

the jf-17 was financed by china. pakistan wrote a check. those check did not cover all the expenses.
the j-7s were at cutrate prices from china
the mirage III and mirage-5s are ancient aircraft

"While on record PAF has stated the older aircrafts are more expensive to operate"
which older aircraft and which newer aircraft are we comparing ? anything is expensive compared to the f-16

the PAF had a chance to purchase both mirage-2000 and rafale
they never did which is the whole point
They evaluate rafale 2003 as well Saab Gripen but Americans offer F16s with no restrictions in numbers and armaments PAF opted F16 beacuse infrastructure and trained crew. Mirage 2000 is old saga Bhutto lost her Govt due to that scandal.

They evaluate rafale 2003 as well Saab Gripen but Americans offer F16s with no restrictions in numbers and armaments PAF opted F16 beacuse infrastructure and trained crew. Mirage 2000 is old saga Bhutto lost her Govt due to that scandal.
you are wasting you time on indian who thinks time travel was invented by india

I'd say money is still an issue.

The Navy has been able to push through with some programs, yes, but that's with line of credit offers extended by China and Turkey (esp. China x3). Sure, the same might be available to the PAF as well, but there's a limit to it and the PAF might not want to spend it on something today (e.g. J-10C) when it needs something for the future (FGF). I expect whatever credit packages China has offered to the PAF would go into Project Azm.
As far as I know J-10 C is pretty much done deal. Only question in my mind is whether we would stop at J-10 C and BLOCK III or we may try go for some other 4.5th Generation also

As far as I know J-10 C is pretty much done deal. Only question in my mind is whether we would stop at J-10 C and BLOCK III or we may try go for some other 4.5th Generation also
J10c is a done deal? seriously?

Poor choice of words indicates of what/who you truly are.
And for the record, if your history is blurred - we did NOT get involved, but rather were involved to spearhead for the US.

Had Pakistan not gone in, who knows what would have become of the Soviet Union in the long haul.

Perhaps this would be the perfect time to reflect on the past.

Lets start with the JF-17...
Q.
Do you have any substantial evidence that may indicate that Pakistan wrote a cheque to China and that it did not cover all the expenses?

Q. Precisely where are you getting your information from? Anything credible backed by China - ofcourse not, because they are on our side...!

Now moving on to the F-16's which has been a thorn in your side.
The term 'gift' and 'American Taxpayers' has been thrown around a number of times by you these past couple of days...
Q. Have you visited the State Dept., the Congress/Senate, General Dynamics and/or Lockheed Martin who may verify or back everything that you have stated so candidly...?

You attached an article from DAWN Newspaper (a Pakistani print media) stating the events that led to the purchase being rejected by (US) Congress for the 08 F-16's. Since they were NEVER sold/or given as 'gifts' by the so-called US Taxpayers, where did you get the notion that any F-16 were ever paid for?!!

I suppose the initial 80-something F-16's in the 1980's were gifts too.

Poor choice of words indicates of what/who you truly are.
And for the record, if your history is blurred - we did NOT get involved, but rather were involved to spearhead for the US.

Had Pakistan not gone in, who knows what would have become of the Soviet Union in the long haul.

Perhaps this would be the perfect time to reflect on the past.

Lets start with the JF-17...
Q.
Do you have any substantial evidence that may indicate that Pakistan wrote a cheque to China and that it did not cover all the expenses?

Q. Precisely where are you getting your information from? Anything credible backed by China - ofcourse not, because they are on our side...!

Now moving on to the F-16's which has been a thorn in your side.
The term 'gift' and 'American Taxpayers' has been thrown around a number of times by you these past couple of days...
Q. Have you visited the State Dept., the Congress/Senate, General Dynamics and/or Lockheed Martin who may verify or back everything that you have stated so candidly...?

You attached an article from DAWN Newspaper (a Pakistani print media) stating the events that led to the purchase being rejected by (US) Congress for the 08 F-16's. Since they were NEVER sold/or given as 'gifts' by the so-called US Taxpayers, where did you get the notion that any F-16 were ever paid for?!!

I suppose the initial 80-something F-16's in the 1980's were gifts too.

Hi,

Pakistan trapped the US into the russian afghan war---.

JF-17's and F-16's are fine, they're are many air force's that operate 2 models of 4th gen fighters, Russian, French and a lot of others.

In this era, the idea of having 4-7 different fighters, increases costs, complicates logistics and runs training thin.

The ideal vision is that in the 2040's the air force is flying A stealth fighter and Block 3+ Jf-17's.

But we'll probably end up running a thread in 2058 discussing possible replacements for the old a$$ f-16 and jf-17 block 1/2.

JF-17's and F-16's are fine, they're are many air force's that operate 2 models of 4th gen fighters, Russian, French and a lot of others.

In this era, the idea of having 4-7 different fighters, increases costs, complicates logistics and runs training thin.

The ideal vision is that in the 2040's the air force is flying A stealth fighter and Block 3+ Jf-17's.

But we'll probably end up running a thread in 2058 discussing possible replacements for the old a$$ f-16 and jf-17 block 1/2.

Why stealth fighter?

F16-I is available now that dust has settled

Joking aside , we need to get Sukhoi-30 or Sukhoi-35

35. Case closed.

F16-I is available now that dust has settled

Joking aside , we need to get Sukhoi-30 or Sukhoi-35

F-16i are israeli, what dust settled? Please elaborate?

Su-35 Flanker-E is a darn good fighter and when Pakistan expands it's relations with Russia, it is hoped that there could be some deal made, sooner rather than later, in-sha-Allah.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom