What's new

Pro-US/Japan, Anti-China/NK candidate wins Korean presidential election

That broadcast clip was used extensively by leftwing media to portray Park as a pro-Japan whose election would benefit Japan immensely 6 days before the election and it had no impact.

Being pro-Japan has no real impact on one's election outcome nowadays. Being pro-NK/China does destroy one's election prospect, however.

I doubt that is true. Korea is hostile to Japan due to history. The Japanese don´t like you, either.

reportint20111005103254420.jpg

090923_p13_jeju.jpg

jeju%20map!.gif

Just replace cruise ships with aircraft carriers in that pictures and you see what that naval base is for, two US carrier battle groups hosted simultaneously.

The construction will go ahead as planned now that Park is elected.

Well, what can you do?

Rich city dudes marry Central Asian, Russian, and Japanese women.

It's the rural farmers who marry Chinese and Southeast Asian brides en mass, and this is why the conservatives support foreign brides while the leftwingers with their support bases in the cities oppose foreign bride expansion.

Well, Taiwan is a much better choice for poor Vietnamese girls who want to marry foreigners to escape poverty.

I have to say some Indian posters are blind here or having trouble reading official news or reports.why should China be nervous?give me a reason please.

Attempting to convince a South Korean that you know better than him regarding elections in his country seems like a act of desperation :P .... not that difficult to draw the conclusion that you are nervous.

As to why you are nervous, maybe you should tell me :angel:

From the map it was clear why the US wanted access to Jeju Naval base in its pivot to Asia, only 490 km from Shanghai, a perfect place to launch the Yellow Sea blockade campaign from.

I am surprised looking at the map, China has not claimed Jeju island as theirs. I mean when they do claim anything and everything on a random basis then how come they forget about this one?

I am sure they will back it up with one of the stories from Hui/Shui/Mui or whatever dynasties!!

Actually Korean are the worst grooms for Vietnamese brides. There are a number of cases where Korean husbands mistreated Vietnamese wives. Going to Korea for work is fine, but Vietnam shall stop brides going for marriage to Korea, or at least strengthen the rules.

Marrying Korean Chinese is ok,one of buddy married one.I mean Korean Chinese living in China for hundreds of years,not recent refugees from N.Korea. several million Korean Chinese are just like Chinese now in speaking and thinking.I have several Korean Chinese friends from grammar school,middle school and high school and they are exactly like me and we are all Beijingers,lol,cause we Beijing folk speak with some Beijing local accent,we speak with very strong "r" soud.

Korean Chinese :
1177972777551001984.jpg

From the map it was clear why the US wanted access to Jeju Naval base in its pivot to Asia, only 490 km from Shanghai, a perfect place to launch the Yellow Sea blockade campaign from.

I bet Jeju NAval base is the perfect location. South Korea should go ahead with the plans!!

I am surprised looking at the map, China has not claimed Jeju island as theirs. I mean when they do claim anything and everything on a random basis then how come they forget about this one?

I am sure they will back it up with one of the stories from Hui/Shui/Mui or whatever dynasties!!

Well, Jeju island does have a complicated story. Originally they were not Koreans ethnically, and half the residents have Mongolian origin as there is little grassland to raise horses in Northeast Asia and the island had that. Those Mongolian residents just became Korean when the Mongolian Empire fell.

Unlike China that claims different languages as dialects, Korean government does acknowledge that Jeju language is a different language.

Attempting to convince a South Korean that you know better than him regarding elections in his country seems like a act of desperation :P .... not that difficult to draw the conclusion that you are nervous.

As to why you are nervous, maybe you should tell me :angel:

I m not trying to convince him and I dont know where he is from either.I only quoted foreign official news reports and polls,you can choose not to believe official media and buy what this so called Korean guy who you never know in reallife feeds you ,but that's your choice,lol

I bet Jeju NAval base is the perfect location. South Korea should go ahead with the plans!!

This election determined the fate of the Jeju Naval Base, and China is dealt a major security blow with Park's election.

Now the US Navy will have a permanent forward operating base to operate at the opening of the Yellow Sea, which would cut off Chinese shipping from Shanghai and up in war time.

You mean the US should be foolish to place their carrier groups within Beijing missiles´s reach?

Back
Top Bottom