What's new

Princess Fawzia, Shah's first wife, dies in Egypt

iranigirl2

Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
ALEXANDRIA, Egypt (Reuters) - Princess Fawzia Fuad, a daughter and sister of Egyptian kings and the first wife of the last Shah of Iran, died on Tuesday in Alexandria, a member of the former royal family and a senior local police officer said.

Her death at the age of 91 was also reported on a Facebook page associated with her nephew, King Fuad II, Egypt's deposed and exiled last monarch.

Fawzia, the glamorous sister of Fuad's father King Farouk, married Mohammad Reza Pahlavi in 1939, before he acceded the throne in Tehran. They divorced nine years later.

Fawzia remarried, to an Egyptian army officer, on her return from her failed marriage to the Shah. He went on to marry twice more and died in Cairo in 1980, less than a year after he was deposed in the Islamic revolution.

"The royal family of Egypt announces to the nation that it is mourning the passing of Her Royal Highness Princess Fawzia Fuad, daughter of His Majesty King Fuad I and sister of His Majesty King Faruk I and aunt of his Majesty King Fuad II and the former Empress of Iran," read a statement on the Facebook page.

"The funeral procession for Her Royal Highness Princess Fawzia will start after noon prayer on Wednesday," it added.

Relatives Melekper Toussoun and Mohamed Yakin, also confirmed the death to Reuters. Yakin said she would be buried in Cairo.

Princess Fawzia, Shah's first wife, dies in Egypt - World | The Star Online

The wedding of Princess Fawzia to the Shah Mohammad Reza Pahlavi in cairo.

Empress Fawzia, Shah Mohammed Reza and daughter Shahnaz (1942)
]

Reza Shah The Great of Iran/Princess Fawzia, Reza Shah, Queen Nazli, Crown Prince Shahpur

I heard she - like most of the members of Egypts monarchy - is of Albanian descent?

Mohammad Reza was terrible in everything except in women .

I think Farah was the most beautiful one .

3b9eb0a3ce6a09a5901795ca46b780e0.jpg

Mohammad Reza was terrible in everything except in women .

I think Farah was the most beautiful one .

3b9eb0a3ce6a09a5901795ca46b780e0.jpg

He wasn't that bad.

When he was in power, Pakistani-Irani relations were at an all time high.

The fact that Shias were not being killed in Pakistan at the time could have something to do with that as well.

He wasn't that bad.

To be honest , I think every government / System has both advantages and disadvantages . None is 100% perfect or totally bad .

Believe me , This man had made Iran a puppet state , He lost Bahrain ,and countless other mistakes that will be a long story if want to write .

To be honest , I think every government / System has both advantages and disadvantages . None is 100% perfect or totally bad .

Believe me , This man had made Iran a puppet state , He lost Bahrain ,and countless other mistakes that will be a long story if want to write .

For Iran the best man was Mohammad Mosadegh, in my opinion. US should have never interfered with politics of Iran. Ayatollahs are good too, but I think Mosadegh was best choice for both liberals and conservatives of Iran.

For Iran the best man was Mohammad Mosadegh, in my opinion. US should have never interfered with politics of Iran. Ayatollahs are good too, but I think Mosadegh was best choice for both liberals and conservatives of Iran.

Agree in some cases .

Today is the anniversary of shooting down Iran Air Flight 655 over Persian Gulf , Can any Iranian member open a good English thread ?

Seems like you guys are dreaming about Bahrain.

Back
Top Bottom