What's new

Prince Fahd al-Saud throws a party !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
is their a reason you acting like a spring chicken being a journalist you should know better.

5114e0bbe984d.jpg

Its NON of anybody's business its his money.

And I have heard from other students where i live that those students who come here for education from that country, do Ayashi more and education less, when i asked they could do ayashi and also good education to take something positive with them back home, the guy( a young and bright Qatari student) said they have not much time so they take full advantage of their time to have fun, so no much time for study.

I should stress that i havent met any of them myself, just heard about it.

Then let me help fill you in....I personally know people who have written / done the final yr projects of the Saudi students in UK for a starting price of £1000 while some have paid £2000....

Since the Saudi guys who got this done were my juniors and since I knew who was doing it for them, I asked why not do it yourself, 1 actually gave me a stupid excuse like I have to take my wife shopping... :blink:

A MSc Project is from 4-6 mths in UK....I am not sure what shopping spree lasts that long....

So, I am well aware of the laziness, the lack of value and understanding of money which is coming in free from their govt and the lack of responsibility as a student .......

When refuse to do their assignments or projects these students harass you by emailing, sms and begging you that their scholarship will be revoked and then they cant do PhD...I mean you cant do MSc...and you dream of PhD?! :unsure:

@Arabian Legend

No one is 'dictating' you. He maybe a prince but the money is not his. I know you guys don't pay any direct taxes,but just ask yourself as if to where exactly they get their capital from and why are they able to collect so much capital in the first place.Forget about investments and the return on investments for now.

On the other hand, its s matter of ethics and setting a healthy or otherwise example for the saudi youth and beyond.

@Yzd Khalifa @JUBA @Mosamania

Last edited by a moderator:
So? are you guys jealouse?

whats the big deal? his money his activities.

After all Queen of England is still alive :P :P

This hypocrisy is shocking because these royals have moral police going around controlling common people's freedom while they themselves indulge in all forms of debauchery. The Queen does none of that.

@Ahmad

I have two Saudi classmates in this semester,have had a few in the past and have met many outside the uni as well.

MOST of them are good boys and work hard in school. I know a Saudi guy from Riyadh who works at a car wash. He told me that if i didn't have a scholarship from the govt,i wouldn't even have a few coins to itch my bum...

Some others are as you describe,party rockers and they sleep in the class. Over all this prince fella is just setting a very bad moral example.

@Aeronaut
Point taken.

However, I've already addressed my thoughts on this subject in this thread.

This hypocrisy is shocking because these royals have moral police going around controlling common people's freedom while they themselves indulge in all forms of debauchery. The Queen does none of that.

They don't control people's freedom boy, get a life and educate yourself b4 breaking down in tears of jealousy.

@Spring Onion is right, his money and he can do whatever he wants with it.

Their country, their royals, their choice.

Yes, it is a waste of money IMO.
But again, that is their choice.

Lets not poke our nose where it does not belong.

21st century and there are still a few countries where a king rules over is rich as fuark and flushes out money like water.
And the countrymen don't speak against it.StrangE..

Well, thankfully we are doing very well and good my friend. We don't leave our people without clean water the least, and we don't allow lunatics to get away with raping women, if and only if it happens.

:lol:

[MENTION=21109]

Some others are as you describe,party rockers and they sleep in the class. Over all this prince fella is just setting a very bad moral example.

I fail to see how he is setting a bad example?
He is spending his own money....his own countrymen have been well taken care of to a point that they have social security and unemployment benefits and housing...
This is not stolen money, grafted money or money earned by stepping on someone else's toes...

Would you like any tom, dick and harry to dictate how you spend your wealth? If not, we need to give this fellow his due right to splurge as he deems fit dont you think?

On the same note, if anyone of you has any friends at Boston University or Bapson (traditional rich kids/party schools for desis) etc, you will see tons of Indians and Pakistanis (many of whose parents operate their wealth through swiss bank accounts ie. not paying taxes) doing exactly the same or even more....If we dont criticize them, why are we after this fellow? because he is a saudi prince?

NOTE: Its becoming quite trendy to Saudi bash these days for anything from terrorism, wahhabism to now being too rich!

I find some people here quiet entertaining........... for example "leader" and all his tantrums.. its not the saudis fault if our gay arse govt bows to them...........its not our problem if some prince spends millions of dollars ... coz its his effin money... not urs or mine... as for the saudi kings... well its "their" problem ... their king... and their country.............. get over it kids..

Poor people will think he wasted alot of money-
Rich will think he could have spent more money to make it even better-

In the end it comes down to this- His money his choice- there are many other important things to worry about fellas- stop unflattering-

The OP is frankly offensive in his generalizations to bring in 'Islam' and 'Arabs' over the actions of a debouche monarchy. The prince's actions don't represent 300 million+ Arabs, let alone 'Islam'.
Condemn the prince for his uncouth and wasteful behavior but don't insult entire races because of that behavior.

BTW, I don't buy this theory of 'rich Arabs supporting Wahabbism' in poor Muslim countries--there may be a few rich ones who indulge in such activities. But throughout the Arab world the radicalism is a big threat to the economies of those countries--and hence Bin Laden was kicked out of KSA.

And I have heard from other students where i live that those students who come here for education from that country, do Ayashi more and education less, when i asked they could do ayashi and also good education to take something positive with them back home, the guy( a young and bright Qatari student) said they have not much time so they take full advantage of their time to have fun, so no much time for study.

I should stress that i havent met any of them myself, just heard about it.

I don't see why you're comparing fulfilling religious duties to habitual everyday activities, your comparison seemed like that only good Saudis are the ones who don't do their prayers, which is hilarious. And you obviously are judging them by a third party. Instead, you should have sought after getting to know one of them at least!. However, the bright side of your post is that you openly admitted that you never got to know any which means you're argument is null and void.

The Qatari student must have had an ego, the so-called bright people like him tend to be big-headed. But, Sadly, the Qatari student knows better that he will never get to know a Saudi really. I'm sorry to say this but the Saudis prefer to keep distance from other people, it's just in their nature, which I dislike to be quite honest.

I see you live in Wales right? Well, I gained my exchange BA fellowship from Cardiff University. Anyhow, the year I came to Cardiff there were 3 Saudi Phd male students who graduated with honor degrees from Cardiff as well as another female. You can go there and ask the admission office, our record speak for itself. In addition, I just gained my MA from Manchester University, and I was among 4 students graduating with an honor degree.

Too much of a generalization reflects how ignorant some people are. Saudis are like anyone else, we have losers and winners :D.

Saudis are terrorist blah blah blah
Saudi are Salafists blah blah blah
Saudis are spendthrifts blah blah blah

@Aeronaut
Point taken.

However, I've already addressed my thoughts on this subject in this thread

They don't control people's freedom boy, get a life and educate yourself b4 breaking down in tears of jealousy.
Don't you guys have religious police? Don't they ask your women to cover up and harass them ? Why doesn't the women from royal family follow that? Didn't one of the princes have a gay slave whom he murdered in a sexual attack in London? Why doesn't the royal family practice what they preach?

Why are Pakistani's but hurt on this, its his money to spend, Pakistanis should worry about their billions being stolen by their "beloved" corrupt politicians for the last 60 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom