Pressured to marry her alleged rapist, 12-year-old commits suicide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Areesh

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Ranchi: A 12-year-old girl, who was allegedly raped in Jharkhand's Koderma district and threatened repeatedly by her attacker's family, has committed suicide, say the police.

The Class 8 student reportedly consumed pesticide last night.

The girl and her family were allegedly under intense pressure from the family of the accused who demanded that the rape charges be dropped, the police said. The accused man's family also pressured the girl to marry him.

On September 9, the girl was allegedly taken away on her way to tuition classes by the accused, who stays in the same village, and raped.

After she told her family, the accused man, who is from the same village, was reportedly caught and beaten by locals and handed over to the police.

"The family of the accused came to us and demanded that we compromise. They also said we should let our daughter marry him," said the girl's mother. "They threatened to frame us with false charges."

"We have lost our daughter forever. We only want justice now, the accused should be hanged," said a relative of the girl.

Pressured to marry her alleged rapist, 12-year-old commits suicide | NDTV.com

A lot of " Reporting Rape cases of the other side" happening from both sides of the Radcliffe line these days.

I am sorry but are such instances worth discussing ? All one can do is feel sorry.

Another day, another rape thread.

Not banned.

Why are you trying to prevent the World from learning what is going on in India ?

No one is preventing the world from learning whats happening in India,the news itself was reported by one of India's most respected sources.

No one is preventing the world from learning whats happening in India,the news itself was reported by one of India's most respected sources.

but does not rape threads ban on pdf. i had read webmaster's annaouncments. btw me wait and watch mode bcoz Aeronaut told me that he treat every member equaly.

If it is OK for India to report the News then why isn't it OK for a Non-Indian to relay it here ?

If it is OK for India to report the News then why isn't it OK for a Non-Indian to relay it here ?

I NEVER said its not ok for anyone to post rape threads!

but does not rape threads ban on pdf. i had read webmaster's annaouncments. btw me wait and watch mode bcoz Aeronaut told me that he treat every member equaly.

Either PM the mods or quote them,like this:
@Aeronaut @WebMaster

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sorry but are such instances worth discussing ? All one can do is feel sorry.
Such threads are only for a bunch of idiots who get vicarious pleasure discussing them!

I'm outta here...

Such threads are only for a bunch of idiots who get vicarious pleasure discussing them!

I'm outta here...

But there are many Pakistani Rape News posted by Indians users here on PDF and why didn't you say the same thing to the Indians who posted them ?

But there are many Pakistani Rape News posted by Indians users here on PDF and why didn't you say the same thing to the Indians who posted them ?
You're dead wrong! Except Pakistanis, no one else is allowed to open threads on rapes in Pakistan. If he does, he's banned till the cows come home - and that means at least 15 days in the cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom