What's new

Pork DNA in halal meat

sanddy

Reaction score
MP Rushanara Ali raises constituents

netherlands-ritual-slaughter-ban-390x285.jpg

Fears over pork DNA in halal meat have been raised in Parliament by MP for Bethnal Green
and Bow Rushanara Ali.

She expressed concerns raised by her constituents after the DNA was found in halal
meat served in schools in Westminster.

“As pork is strictly prohibited under Islamic law and a high proportion of Tower Hamlets’
population is of Muslim faith, it is a pressing
concern for my constituents”, she said.

“It is critical that halal meat contractors to
schools across the UK be put through vigorous examination to ensure that they are complying with halal meat standards.”

Ms Ali added that there was no suggestion that any pork DNA had been found in meat served in Tower Hamlets schools.

The council said it had investigated the meat
served in its schools to ensure it is free from
horse meat or pork.

http://www.eastlondonadvertiser.co.uk/news/muslims_concerned_after_pork_dna_found_in_halal_school_meals_1_1982474

At least they are investigating.

I've never heard of a satisfactory investigation into non-Halal meat in Pakistan.

At least they are investigating.

I've never heard of a satisfactory investigation into non-Halal meat in Pakistan.

See, part of the problem is the Corporatisation or "Branding" of food products. The profit motive overides all other motives. The very same greed led to the creation of 'Mad Cow Disease'. This kind of thing was unimagineable in the time of the small individual food-stuff provider. He knew that he could lose business or at worst; get lynched if he indulged in such practices.

So all we can do now is hope that Regulators tighten up their act, or tone down our sensibilities, or change dietary habits.

Stop eating broiler chickens, than!

It is not only pork meat but the slaughtering without name of Allah also make it haram.

How many slaughter houses are certified in Pakistan?

You can't have a halal meat when it is slaughtered by a secular guy.

Back
Top Bottom