What's new

Police foil car bombing in Islamabad

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD: Police in Islamabad foiled an attempted car bombing and seized an explosives-laden vehicle, officials said Saturday.

Sultan Azam, a senior police official, said the car was discovered at midnight Friday at a house in Bhara Kahu, a village on the northeastern outskirts of Islamabad. Police had raided the house after an intelligence tip.

Azam told reporters the car was unregistered and had been loaded with 125 kilograms of explosives.

No arrests had been made but police were investigating, he said, adding: “Soon you will hear good news”.

Pakistan private TV channel Samaa broadcast footage of the car, a Suzuki Alto, along with electronic wires, ball bearings, nut bolts and detonators.

Police said the explosives were concealed in the car’s natural gas cylinder and doors.

Azam said police have tightened security in the capital after the incident.

Police recently foiled a suicide attack in the same area, killing a would-be suicide bomber after he opened fire outside a Shia mosque on August 9 but failed to detonate his explosives.

Attacks around the heavily-guarded capital are very rare, but security has been stepped up in recent days due to intelligence report of Taliban attacks inside Islamabad.

Police foil car bombing in Islamabad – The Express Tribune

Good news but obviously there was some failure. How did that much explosive reach the city? Atleast there should be fool proof security around Rawalpindi & Islamabad.

Those terrorist swines should be severely punished. I am still waiting for some form of punitive action to take place against the terrorists. We need to develop a proper anti terrorism policy and ruthlessly eliminate any opposition from the Taliban.

I have to wonder why it is so hard for one of the best militaries in the world and Law Enforcement Agency's which suspect everyone on every turn for terrorism to beat those bearded monsters known as the Taliban. We need to eliminate the Islamists from our country. These guys will not stop until our way of life is shattered. Instead the LEA's hunt for every other person other than terrorists and Islamists.

I have to wonder why was Fazlullah not stopped when he was giving fiery lectures in Swat and demanding his followers to attack the government, why did we wake up so late that he had an entire army behind him of brainwashed terrorist thugs. I have to wonder why fertilizer wasn't banned during operation rah e haq in Swat, I have to wonder why Malik Ishaq the notorious head of the Lashkar E Jhangvi isn't given a death sentence for the murder of thousands of Shias, infact why is he freed from jail continously.

Back
Top Bottom