What's new

Police Encounter with militants in Indian Punjab

Prometheus

Reaction score
Country
India
just heard on news, 2 jawans of Punjab Police died in encounter with militants in gurdaspur. some militants too killed.
waiting for details

RIP the jawans.

RIP brave hearts.

What happened? Punjab is usually peaceful. I think this is first terrorist attack in Punjab. Gurdaspur only 15 km away from the border. :-(

RIP brave hearts.

What happened? Punjab is usually peaceful. I think this is first terrorist attack in Punjab. Gurdaspur only 15 km away from the border. :-(

RIP the brave police men. May god give strength to their families to bear the loss.

2 millitants died as well. I think failures of crossing LOC is forcing millitants and their organizers to push them thru Punjab Border. God bless the brave soldiers of my country. Death to coward terrorists.

Gurdaspur (Punjab): Two policemen and two militants were killed in a fierce gun battle early on Sunday near the India-Pakistan international border in Punjab's Gurdaspur district, police said.

Punjab police officials said that both militants were gunned down after a police team patrolling the border belt in the Bhamial sector spotted them in the early hours of the morning.

"Two Punjab police personnel were killed and one injured in the gun battle," a police official told IANS here.

The identity of the killed militants is being established, officials said.

The shootout took place near Norat Jaimal Singh area of Gurdaspur. The area is close to Punjab's border with Jammu and Kashmir.

Police and security agencies have launched a search operation in the area to see if any more militants are hiding there, officials said.

The Bhamial sector is the same area where rockets were fired from the Pakistan side and over 10 metres of the barbed wire fencing inside Indian territory was blown up near the international border April 19.

The Border Security Force (BSF), which mans the 553-km long barbed wire fenced border between India and Pakistan in Punjab, retaliated with light and medium weapons. Between 800-900 rounds of ammunition were fired then.

Incidents of rockets being fired from the Pakistan side and gun fire are increasing in the Amritsar and Gurdaspur districts of Punjab in recent months. Such incidents took place in July and September last year (Attari border belt in Amritsar district) and again in January (Attari border) and in Gurdaspur's Bhamial sector this year.

RIP the brave police men. May god give strength to their families to bear the loss.

2 millitants died as well. I think failures of crossing LOC is forcing millitants and their organizers to push them thru Punjab Border. God bless the brave soldiers of my country. Death to coward terrorists.

Yes, they want to spread through out India. Recent attacks in Bangalore also point out that. Until we don't attack at the root these will go on.

My hearty condolence to the families. May God give them strength. Govt should do whatever possible to reduce their pain. RIP.

every thing is tried to back the militancy in punjab,i don't want punjab to go in that hell again like in 80's

RIP brave hearts.

RIP to the good souls.

As one foreign nation can't digest a developing and peaceful India, so this bound to happen.

You should have written (Indian) Punjab for any misconception

RIP to the brave soldiers of Punjabi - I hope the militants bites the dust

when talking about foreign names use the proper qualifying nationalities like Indian Punjab, Indian PM, Indian Police. It just makes sense.

Pathankot, April 25
Two Pakistani militants who had infiltrated into the country from across the Indo-Pak border were killed in an encounter at Ratrawan village in Bamiyal sector, about 50 km from here, today. Two policemen also lost their lives while as many of them were injured in the fierce gunfight that lasted for an hour-and-a-half.

Addressing mediapersons, Punjab DGP PS Gill said the militants had infiltrated via the Bamiyal sector in Gurdaspur district. He said the cops who lost their lives — head constables Narinder Singh and Surinder Singh, both posted at Gurdaspur police station — were part of a 16-member team, led by DSP Garib Dass, constituted for the purpose.

Notably, Ratrawan residents had spotted two heavily-armed strangers in their area yesterday. The cops were informed who launched a manhunt later. And at 6 am today, the police found the militants hiding in a garden, following which the encounter ensued. Gill said two AK-47 rifles, 16 magazines, 500 rounds, two detonators, nine hand grenades and Rs 2,390 were seized from the slain terrorists. He said the entire area had been cordoned off and the search operation was on. The DGP has announced financial assistance of Rs 10 lakh each, apart from Rs 1 lakh from the Police Welfare Fund and a job to a family member, for the kin of the deceased policemen.

Ravi Krishnan Khajuria adds from Kathua: The Bamiyal border outpost (BOP) where the gunfight took place lies close to the Tinda BOP near Simbal Skole village and the Paharpur forward BOP. After the Paharpur BOP that falls in Kathua district of Jammu, comes Tinda followed by Bamiyal in Punjab.

Kathua district SSP Gareeb Dass said: “We had launched a manhunt for the two militants since April 19”. Official sources said the fleeing ultras had approached a couple in Kot Punnu village on the forward post of the Paharpur BOP on this side of the state, asking them about certain routes.

Of late, Pakistan troops had resorted to heavy firing in the Bamiyal-Tinda sector reportedly damaging a major portion of the fence on the border. Security forces in Kathua had been scanning Chabechak, Billawar, and Ghati, including the Ujh river, since April 19 when the two militants had fired upon a police party before disappearing from a forest nursery in Chabechak the next morning.

On April 20, the security forces, which had claimed that they had laid a cordon around the nursery, found a rucksack from the area and recovered wire cutters, eatables and some documents from it. The Kathua police chief had earlier said that going by their guerrilla warfare tactics, it appeared the two terrorists might be members of the Lashkar-e-Toiba.

The Tribune, Chandigarh, India - Main News

every thing is tried to back the militancy in punjab,i don't want punjab to go in that hell again like in 80's

It is not militancy in Punjab. It is cowardly foreign terrorists trying to sneak in through Punjab after failures in LOC. They might have expected weaker defences in Punjab.

But our brave patriots lay down their lives to drive off the scum protect our Motherland. May their souls be rewarded in heaven.

It is beacuse of men like this that all Indians can sleep better at night. They make our country proud. Jai Hind!

Back
Top Bottom