What's new

POF is working on a new assault rifle, to replace the reliable and long-serving G-3 - Chairman POF

Since long time scar is not coming as per your claims so take it with pinch of salt AK-103 with some modification is under process.
SCAR is coming and AK-103 is most probably out of contest right now. Trials take time but most likely FN SCAR will win.

isnt that sad that our LEA's dont buy from POF , i mean they use G3 , MP5 etc y not POF

I am happy but hope that the assault rifle being developed is not some version of G3.
Yes agreed I hope it should be CO developed wit HK or FN other wise you are giving same old gun in new box

Please stop versions give something new like tevor HK 417 SCAR or AR 16

Zaarvan why not HK 416

@DESERT FIGHTER I have maintained this for a very long time. Pakistan has a rich Rifleman culture, and infantry men have very good understanding of their rifles. if any one is in a position to take up an Indigenous rifle project and make a great rifle, it would be Pakistan. Great to hear that POF is going that way.

isnt that sad that our LEA's dont buy from POF , i mean they use G3 , MP5 etc y not POF

You can make more money in foreign deals. Why do you think Pee Pee Pee went for foreign armoured cars for Sindh police while same could be procured from local production?!

Best that organization like HIT - POF , focus on next generation ammunition or developing a branch of Robotics and gears to make weapons autonomous

a) More dependence on electric systems
b) More engineerical solutions / robotics in usage of weapons and radars

Making rifles and small guns is ok but we need different approach

Yes agreed I hope it should be CO developed wit HK or FN other wise you are giving same old gun in new box

Please stop versions give something new like tevor HK 417 SCAR or AR 16

Zaarvan why not HK 416
That is a question which I also want to ask that why HK-417 was not invited for tests

@DESERT FIGHTER I have maintained this for a very long time. Pakistan has a rich Rifleman culture, and infantry men have very good understanding of their rifles. if any one is in a position to take up an Indigenous rifle project and make a great rifle, it would be Pakistan. Great to hear that POF is going that way.
We are not going for indeginous rifle project . Head of POF was referring to Gun trials going on not some indegenious work

Back
Top Bottom