What's new

POF is working on a new assault rifle, to replace the reliable and long-serving G-3 - Chairman POF

good now we have an opportunity to look and get influenced by other modern military rifle designs and use it in our own homegrown rifle.

My hopes
- a rifle that can accept various calibers of ammo
- Good Reliability
- Accurate
- 700 plus rpm
- different barrel lengths and sizes
- Light but compact
- short in size (bullpup)
- comes in a variety of designs
- adaptable, improved ergonomics

How do you guys feel about the bullbup idea leave a response saying why you do r don't support the idea and explain why

With a little investment, it might not be too hard for POF to come up with an "indigenous" design. It could do what MKEK and Caracal (UAE) did - i.e. take the AR-15, and then build upon it to form a new rifle (e.g. MPT-76 or CAR-816). But I also think the POF chairman was referring to picking a foreign design with full ToT.
yeah but for that to happen, the domestic law enforcement forces will have to buy from POF as only KPK police buys from them even uniforms. Thats how they will be able to utilize money on these things.

@Topic i think they will produce a foreign rifle with a pakistani name.

The poster is Beretta :agree:

My only concern is that the Eugene Stoner Based AR platform rifles are on their way of being phased by the US and new platforms are being adopted like SCAR thus it is not wise to go for that Stoner design based rifle in MPT-76. IMHO
They just sponsored the shooting competition

They just sponsored the shooting competition
you know in the current situation with us being diplomatically being isolated everywhere, there is a reason our armed forces are being very vague about what we are picking and what is really happening... you should try and do the same and keep what your friends tell you to urself

Carcal was designed by Wilhelm Bubits, an Austrian firearms designer who had previously designed the famous Styer M 9mm pistol.

If we don't have internal expertise to design firearms, we can always tap in to international resources and hire on contract / Project basis and at the same time have our designers/engineers participate in the process for learning so that one day we can do the same ourselves.

With a little investment, it might not be too hard for POF to come up with an "indigenous" design. It could do what MKEK and Caracal (UAE) did - i.e. take the AR-15, and then build upon it to form a new rifle (e.g. MPT-76 or CAR-816). But I also think the POF chairman was referring to picking a foreign design with full ToT.

Carcal was designed by Wilhelm Bubits, an Austrian firearms designer who had previously designed the famous Styer M 9mm pistol.

If we don't have internal expertise to design firearms, we can always tap in to international resources and hire on contract / Project basis and at the same time have our designers/engineers participate in the process for learning so that one day we can do the same ourselves.
Absolutely.

It's not really surprising. POF has been for years, trying to fund a domestic assault rifle.

As for KSA importing arms from Pakistan, again unsurprising.

People tend to forget, Pakistan is one of the largest small-arms manufacturers and exporters in the world. The only reason why it isn't in the top 5, or even the top 10 is because small arms don't make that much money compared to fighters and tanks.

Hire some consultants from FN, HK or CZ and pump out a SCAR, 416 or BREN clone customised to local needs. Quick, cheap, easy.

POF is much better managed and implemented than IOF. I will be interested in what the final decision will be.

Back
Top Bottom