What's new

PML-N plans small but effective Cabinet

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - Islamabad—Contrary to the past, the new government of PML-N, which will take charge by June 3, will be small but effective to wriggle the country out of the present mess.

The sources privy to developments in the post-election meetings held in Raiwand (Lahore) told this scribe that PML (N) has almost decided on its Cabinet members.

However, it is also in touch with other political groups and independents, which are showing interest to become coalition partner with the PML (N. The party can offer some cabinet slots to them, but key positions will remain with the PML -N, sources.

“Those who stood with Sharif brothers and struggled against heavy odds will be part of the new Cabinet”.

Without wasting time, Ishaq Dar, has already been instructed to contact officials of Ministry of Finance to prepare budgetary proposals.

Others, who have been given green signal to be part of the Cabinet included Ch Nisar, Khawja Asif, Parvez Rashid, Saad Rafiq, Ahsan iqbal, Ayaz Sadiq, Abid Sher Ali and Mushahidullah. heir portfolios have not been decided yet but sources said either Parvez Rashid or Mushahidullah is expected to be given the slot of Ministry of Information, Ayaz Sadiq Railways and Khawja Asif Interior Ministry.

INP adds from Lahore: After getting clear majority seats in the National Assembly, Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N is considering to pick up speaker and duty speaker of the National Assembly from smaller provinces. According to sources, names for the covert offices of speaker and deputy speakers NA would be decided within next few days.

The sources said an informal meeting of the PML-N chaired by PML-N chief Mian Nawaz Sharif was held to discuss the formation of new cabinet and names of speaker and duty speakers of the National Assembly. Mian Shahbaz Sharif, Ch Nisar Ali Khan, Khawaja Saad Rafiq, Khawaja Asif, Ishaq Dar and other leaders of the party attended the meeting.

The sources revealed that the meeting reached the decision in principal that from Punjab, Mian Nawaz Sharif would the prime minister, therefore Speaker and Deputy Speaker of the National Assembly would be chosen from smaller provinces. Name of Lt General (Retd) Abdul Qadir Baloch of PML-N from Balochistan is under consideration for speaker in NA, while Murtaza Javed Abbasi or Umer Ayub from Khyber Pakhtunkhwa are being considered for the post of deputy speaker although final decision would be made in few days.

PML-N plans small but effective Cabinet

Is IK going to be a part of cabinet?

He wont be a part of PML-N government but he could have been opposition leader with a few more seats which he hasnt got...so he is out of the equation now.
MQM+PPP+others will form opposition and 'sabb mill kay khain gey'.
PTI is rendered useless now due to unwise voting of people of Pakistan.
Thanks God i am abroad and i wont have to put up with the mess that will be coming.
Although i hope and wish for all the best.

Aren't you supposed to have some sort of speciality for a ministry?

The only one that makes sense is finance ministry to Ishaq Dar, Khawaja Asif for interior? Ch Nisar for petroleum?

Aren't you supposed to have some sort of speciality for a ministry?

The only one that makes sense is finance ministry to Ishaq Dar, Khawaja Asif for interior? Ch Nisar for petroleum?

I remember Imran saying once that Nisar always wanted petroleum ministry now I realize how right he was.

:cheesy:

I remember Imran saying once that Nisar always wanted petroleum ministry now I realize how right he was.

:cheesy:

Now that you have mentioned it, yeah it does come to mind! Petroleum has alot of potential for...(let your imagination take over).

Back
Top Bottom