What's new

PM Nawaz announces Rs15b for metro bus project in Karachi

i think u are talking about KCR well Japanese are gonna build that ask Your CM the Dead man Qaim ali Shah to clear the encroachments so that they will start building it....

Aisa Chu***a CM Karachi ki Population 22 crore :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

mai ne vote nai diya tha , Murdaar ali shah ko

Karachi's Green Line will be 15 billion for a length of 22 km with no elevated underground section..

That means one lane reserved for this metro bus on a route that is already packed with traffic...expect more traffic jams.

Karachi is a city with a population more bigger than Newyork. Karachi having a small land mass should not have these transport system on ground...instead they should do something for an underground subway system.

588880-traffice-1376242174-325-640x480.jpg

local02.jpg

karachi-rain-ma-jinnah-road.jpg

khi_traffic_543.jpg

2_63801.JPG

traffic-jam-in-karachi-3956.jpg

2142998605_e32d376745.jpg

120328-64.jpg

massive-traffic-jam-1784.jpg

Last edited:
More HARAM KHORI and KICKBACKS for SHARIF BROTHERS.

While the City of Karachi that lacks in Clean Water, Proper Sewage , Electric Power, Health Care, Decent Jobs will now be Dug Up to make room for Sharif Corruption.

Answer to all the above concerns is 18th. Amendment.

About alleged corruption, please furnish proof. Making allegations is not enough. I for one am glad that something is being done after many years of neglect.

and what about our collapsing railway structure,what about kalabagh and bhasha dams,do you know that glaciers are melting fast and we need dams urgently before it, to late,not to mention that nawaz sharif has delayed the bhasha dam project to 2037. and what about increasing the pays of workers,peasnant reforms,free health-care and education,electricity isn,t the only thing we wan,t.and i seriously doubt that all these projects would be complete by 2017.
I nominate Mr. @Owl of Abott for Prime Minister. If elected, he will do all of the above within 4 years.

@Owl of Abott for Prime Minister!!!!

Some 70 billions were for Lahore Metro, some 40 billions for Islo metro and only 15 billions for Karachi metro? @W.11 @darkinsky @Patriots

Your figures are out of whack. I am surprised that PTI partisans are still quoting a figure of 70 Billion for Lahore Metro Bus. For Lahore, Local and Provincial resources are used. It has nothing to do with Federal Govt. MNS is being forced to do something for Karachi, because he knows that nobody is going to do jack for Karachi. If he does not provide Federal funding, he would be blamed for ignoring Karachi.

Last edited:
my bad i thought it was a billion per month ... still we r losing 5 million per day ..it is only one route lahore has 50 + routes ...
If you ever use this facility, you would understand its worth. For lacs of people who do use it, nobody is complaining. I wish people would stop viewing things from distorted partisan angles.

That means one lane reserved for this metro bus on a route that is already packed with traffic...expect more traffic jams.

Karachi is a city with a population more bigger than Newyork. Karachi having a small land mass should not have these transport system on ground...instead they should do something for an underground subway system.

Sir, you are right. But seeing that Karachi is mostly rock, it would be very expensive to build an underground subway system. I am not saying that it should not be done, but that it would be difficult at this time. There needs to be a strong political will to accomplish this. As of now, unless GOP declares Karachi as Federal territory, I see zero chances of it.

Answer to all the above concerns is 18th. Amendment.

About alleged corruption, please furnish proof. Making allegations is not enough. I for one am glad that something is being done after many years of neglect.

I nominate Mr. @Owl of Abott for Prime Minister. If elected, he will do all of the above within 4 years.

@Owl of Abott for Prime Minister!!!!

Your figures are out of whack. I am surprised that PTI partisans are still quoting a figure of 70 Billion for Lahore Metro Bus. For Lahore, Local and Provincial resources are used. It has nothing to do with Federal Govt. MNS is being forced to do something for Karachi, because he knows that nobody is going to do jack for Karachi. If he does not provide Federal funding, he would be blamed for ignoring Karachi.
increasing the pay of workers and peasnant reforms are few days work,as for other things,god willing i will achieve them in 4 years.

Where underground? that too will lead to massive jams.
What is needed is an overhead system that bypasses the roads entirely

Where underground? that too will lead to massive jams.

Underground just like New york city subway. And how will that lead to massive jams?

Overhead system will also require on ground land. If you see most bridges in Karachi, they still waste/occupy alot of on ground land.

Sir, you are right. But seeing that Karachi is mostly rock, it would be very expensive to build an underground subway system. I am not saying that it should not be done, but that it would be difficult at this time. There needs to be a strong political will to accomplish this. As of now, unless GOP declares Karachi as Federal territory, I see zero chances of it.
Plus the terrain in Karachi is very uneven.....Even a slight rain is enough to drown certain areas.....

Overhead system will also require on ground land. If you see most bridges in Karachi, they still waste/occupy alot of on ground land.

You are both right.

However, may I suggest that what works in context of Lahore, Rawalpindi, and Peshawar (if PTI ever gets to it) may not be the best solution for Karachi. The older cities are congested and cramped. Going vertical is the only viable option. The portion of Lahore Metro Bus system that goes along Lytton road proves the worth of the overhead passage. The uni-pillar structure is sustained on pillars that grow out of the median, and are just (my guess) 3 feet wide. Properly executed vertical option is worth it.

I wish we had money enough for subway systems though.

Back
Top Bottom