What's new

PM Nawaz announces Rs15b for metro bus project in Karachi

PMs fb page is that to start the project immediately even if sindh govt doesn't contribute it's share then federal govt will bear all cost.

Some 70 billions were for Lahore Metro, some 40 billions for Islo metro and only 15 billions for Karachi metro? @W.11 @darkinsky @Patriots

Correction. Lahore spent 30 billion for 27 km.

Rwp-Islo is spending 40 billion for 24 km

Peshawar will be spending more than Asad Umar's 4 billion claim.

Karachi's Green Line will be 15 billion for a length of 22 km with no elevated underground section. My concern is not money but money with it's long term benefits. In a country like Pakistan where there is no public transport system BRT is no doubt a good system to begin with. However considering Karachi as our largest city, one would expect KCR to be a priority. Sure Federal government is at fault but they aint the only ones in ignorance. PPP and MQM have both been in Federal govts before. Their position in Provincial is again looking as if they don't want to do anything. All they want to do is play politics of innocence.

Last edited:
Some 70 billions were for Lahore Metro, some 40 billions for Islo metro and only 15 billions for Karachi metro? @W.11 @darkinsky @Patriots

BsMClyQCAAAARnS.jpg

This is why.

Karachi badly need metro train not a bus service, Metro train save lot of time and fuel and also reduce pollution

May be because the route for Karachi Metero will not be an elevated one. For example, there is already a bus lane present on Shahra-e-Faisal. But I don't think so there is any such lane on the proposed route.

Karachi's Green Line will be 15 billion for a length of 22 km with no elevated underground section.

Thats all I wanted to know.

Govt's claimed figure, the records of Lahore metro bus are burnt, so who knows. :whistle:
Anyways, lets not derail the thread.

Karachi's Green Line will be 15 billion for a length of 22 km with no elevated underground section. My concern is not money but money with it's long term benefits. In a country like Pakistan where there is no public transport system BRT is no doubt a good system to begin with. However considering Karachi as our largest city, one would expect KCR to be a priority. Sure Federal government is at fault but they aint the only ones in ignorance. PPP and MQM have both been in Federal govts before. Their position in Provincial is again looking as if they don't want to do anything. All they want to do is play politics of innocence.

PPP has not done a shit for Karachi, MQM when it had the funds and nazim system under Musharraf did get results.

When MQM doesn't have funds power it can't do anything, everything is decided by PPP.

correction 30 billions plus subsidy they of 1 arab they pay .. so for next 4 year if u add the amount of subsidy ..it will be 70 + billion

in ullo ke pathoon ko Train nazar nai ati ?? Bus Bus Bussssss :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

i think u are talking about KCR well Japanese are gonna build that ask Your CM the Dead man Qaim ali Shah to clear the encroachments so that they will start building it....

Aisa Chu***a CM Karachi ki Population 22 crore :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

correction 30 billions plus subsidy they of 1 arab they pay .. so for next 4 year if u add the amount of subsidy ..it will be 70 + billion

Most countries around the world subsidize public transport systems. Get some knowledge kiddo

Its 1 billion subsidy each year

According to you 30 + 4 = 70 ????

Thats PTI logic right here :lol:

Most countries around the world subsidize public transport systems. Get some knowledge kiddo

Its 1 billion subsidy each year

According to you 30 + 4 = 70 ????

Thats PTI logic right here :lol:
my bad i thought it was a billion per month ... still we r losing 5 million per day ..it is only one route lahore has 50 + routes ...

Back
Top Bottom