What's new

Please tell your current city and duration of power cuts

I stay in Mumbai, so as usual no power-cut. Today morning I came back to my native place Varanasi(Kashi). Looks like things are not going to change for a while. Let me confirm the timing of load-shedding & power cuts. Will update by today evening if power is there. Also cities & rural areas had proper & consistent light right from Jabalpur till MP-UP Border as I was coming to my native place in Varanasi.
Of topic- I came by LTT Varanasi Super-fast Express. It trails Mahanagari Express like twins all the way till Nainny. 1 thing I notice every time that why people are not increasing the average speed of this train. It runs slower(as compared to Mahanagri Express by which I will be returning to Mumbai on next Saturday), has fewer stops still it halts at 3-4 stations for 15 to 30 minutes. Still it reaches on destination well before time on regular basis. There should be some basis for so much reserve time. I just don't know how do they calculate the timing. For example this train left Satna more than 1 hour late & reached Varanasi before time. Can any one help me?

Zero power cuts in Kolkata in CESC supply area (other than for some faults or local maintenance work), WBSEB supply area is not that efficient, so outskirts of Kolkata and West Bengal face some power cuts, can't give you specific figure on that, but not much.
@karan21 Is that a HAL LCH in your profile pic? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
i have first hand experience of changing bihar ....so i am also quite hopeful of bihar ...

We all are brother!! We all stand together as one hopeful nation to get out of misery and poverty.

Zero power cuts in Kolkata in CESC supply area (other than for some faults or local maintenance work), WBSEB supply area is not that efficient, so outskirts of Kolkata and West Bengal face some power cuts, can't give you specific figure on that, but not much.
@karan21 Is that a HAL LCH in your profile pic? :)

Thanks for the input. Yes it is Hal LCH. Looks pretty feisty doesn't it ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well i guess it is a wrong time to judge the power availability.... we are out of summer and most part of the country is in monsoon... Power consumption would be very low compared to summer... I am from kerala who lived in northern karnataka... both the states used to have 1 hour power cut during march to may... but since june no power cut in both the places..... With kerala receiving 40% more than usual rain fall the chances of powercut this year is more or less o (you can add koodamkulam which would supply electricity to kerala too).... The worst power crisis is in Tamilnadu where in villages the power availability was like 6 hours a day... and chennai had a power cut of 2 hours ...I guess once koodamkulam get fully operational tamilnadu's problem would be solved to a large extent.

I'm living in a beautiful hill station in South India and there have been zero power cuts since the last decade. Don't know about the future but with the new nuke power plant on steam at Kudakulam, there should be surplus juice flowing this side of the Cauveri!!

And needless to say, one doesn't need ACs and fans out here in summers nor heaters in the winters. So that adds up to a lot of savings on power bills!! :yay:

Well since you guys are going to be electricity surplus soon, I guess you don't need it anymore :p

Is there is anyone from 3rd tier cities and villages or visits them regularly. Please update and share your experience.

Yes iam!

My native village is 'Pattazhy' which is located in Kerala's Kollam District...

Pattazhy.jpg

Pattazhy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kerala get most of its electricity from hydro projects..There is no power cuts here since the monsoon started...& before it was 1 hr (morning 30min & eveng 30) & that was because of the poor monsoon last year...I hope there wont be any power cuts till 2015 because the dams are already filled....:yay:

Have experienced no powercut in my area of Gangtok. Though I rarely stay in the city due to the traveling nature of my work.. :D.

Except for the earthquake disaster that shook entire Sikkim some time ago, there's no problems in my main city.

Although there are smaller towns and villages. that still have serious power issues here.

well i live ghaziabad and we can see upto 15 hours loadshedding a week ......and i study in patna which easily sees 3 hrs power cuts per day ...soo the picture isnt as rosy for theese states

ghaziabad is a sad sad place, 2006 mein i remember 10 hrs power cuts, situation hasnt changed 1 bit there even today

Yes iam!

My native village is 'Pattazhy' which is located in Kerala's Kollam District...

Pattazhy.jpg

Pattazhy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kerala get most of its electricity from hydro projects..There is no power cuts here since the monsoon started...& before it was 1 hr (morning 30min & eveng 30) & that was because of the poor monsoon last year...I hope there wont be any power cuts till 2015 because the dams are already filled....:yay:

Man! You live in a beautiful place!

I love your state. It is the best tropical place I have been to within our country. :tup:

Bangalore, No regular Power cuts. Maybe one in a while for 10 minutes thats all

Back
Top Bottom