What's new

PLA's CJ-10 cruise missile more advanced than Indian counterpart

INDIAPOSITIVE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
After India tested its subsonic Nirbhay cruise missile–which is capable of carrying nuclear warheads–on Oct. 17, the Sina Military Network based in Beijing said that China's CJ-10 cruise missile is much more powerful than its Indian counterpart.

The Kanwa Defense Review operated by Andrei Chang, a military analyst in Canada who is also known as Pinkov, reported that the range of the Nirbhay is between 700 and 1,000 kilometers.

Like the US Tomahawk cruise missile, China's CJ-10 cruise missiles can attack targets 2,500 kilometers away. Designed as supersonic cruise missile, the speed of the CJ-10 is much faster than the Nirbhay.

Another advantage is that the CJ-10 is cheaper than missiles from other nations. The price for a single missile is estimated to be only US$175,000 according to a defense expert from the United States. The Sina Military Network said this means that it can be exported to China's allies and security partners in huge numbers.

With help from Russia, India began the development of the BrahMos supersonic cruise missile back in 2005. However, the range of this supersonic missile is no more than 300 kilometers. Pakistan's Babur land attack cruise missile, on the other hand, has a range of between 700-1,000 kilometers. Avinash Chander, the chief architect of the Agni series of ballistic missile systems said that India will stop introducing missiles from other nations and start to build its own missiles in 2022.

http://www.wantchinatimes.com/news-subclass-cnt.aspx?id=20141023000148&cid=1101

India has very bad habbit by misleading our missiles exact range. While china has a bad habbit by declaring their missile has longer range. China does it to make countries stay away from china while india does it to fool enemy nation by saying hey our missile 1000km so u are safe 1001km away. Some said nirbhay is 1200km range. Some said its 1500km range. No one knows exact range of nirbhay so that gives nirbhay an adge.

Google told me Brahmos is a supersonic missile and babur is a subsonic missile.

How the hell did the author compare a subsonic missile with a supersonic missile???

Google told me Brahmos is a supersonic missile and babur is a subsonic missile.

How the hell did the author compare a subsonic missile with a supersonic missile???
Don't believe want china times.The Chinese members here warned me that this publication is a piece of crap and should not be regarded as a purveyor of original information.

India has very bad habbit by misleading our missiles exact range. While china has a bad habbit by declaring their missile has longer range. China does it to make countries stay away from china while india does it to fool enemy nation by saying hey our missile 1000km so u are safe 1001km away. Some said nirbhay is 1200km range. Some said its 1500km range. No one knows exact range of nirbhay so that gives nirbhay an adge.
Surprise, India will purposely hide its real stength.

I think you as a indian, you should keep "humble", don't tell us the "secret", hehe!

More like Indians have a bad of habit of making up opinions based only on wishful thinking and then calling others delusional

Sina Military Network? :rofl: They can't even spell China correctly!! :omghaha: Jeeez!

Nuff said!

Last edited:
At present stage range is 1050km.Now when it inducted it will have more than 1500km.

LMAO, what? You discount the actual manufacturer stated ranges (manufacturers that want to export missiles and therefore have to be accurate) of either missile but still conclude that the nirbhay has an edge because "China's like this but..but..but... India's like this. Therefore da India mizzile is da bestest."

Really? How old are you? I hope for the sake of your Indian countrymen that you're 12 years or younger because if you're an actual Indian adult and presumably contributing to the Indian economy...with that logic of yours.... just...wow. :sarcastic:

Last edited:
LMAO, what? You discount the actual manufacturer stated ranges (manufacturers that want to export missiles and therefore have to be accurate) of either missile but still conclude that the nirbhay has an edge because "China's like this but..but..but... India's like this. Therefore da India mizzile is da bestest."

Really? How old are you? I hope for the sake of your Indian countrymen that you're 12 years or younger because if you're an actual Indian adult and presumably contributing to the Indian economy...with that logic of yours.... just...wow. :sarcastic:

About @isro2222, I should warn you that he believes all world leaders are actually "Reptilians" and "Anunnaki" or "Greys" (aliens). :rofl:

He used to write posts about India's galactic empire, or some other weird BS.

Though to be fair, it is not quite as crazy as this statement from the Indian President:

India to become superpower by 2012: Kalam - Economic Times

About @isro2222, I should warn you that he believes all world leaders are actually "Reptilians" and "Anunnaki" or "Greys" (aliens). :rofl:

He used to write posts about India's galactic empire, or some other weird BS.

Though to be fair, it is not quite as crazy as this statement from the Indian President:

India to become superpower by 2012: Kalam - Economic Times

LMAO, may that link be preserved for all posterity as a testament to Indian bombast. The president of India claimed that India would be a supadupahypa power by 2012 no less. Talk about absolutely embarrassing. :omghaha:

Surprise, India will purposely hide its real stength.

I think you as a indian, you should keep "humble", don't tell us the "secret", hehe!

He can't. It's the nature of this guy to brag...

LMAO, may that link be preserved for all posterity as a testament to Indian bombast. The president of India claimed that India would be a supadupahypa power by 2012 no less. Talk about absolutely embarrassing. :omghaha:

To many Indians, he is right. India is already a superpower. They even have a movie clip to prove it.

xHqqf34.jpg

Back
Top Bottom