What's new

PLA Puts Daulet Baig Oldie as its Primary Target!

Shyok River valley is the most strategic feature in easter Ladakh. PLA's aim, it seems, is not to capture it but threaten India of capturing it, like with intrusions at Galwan. Few hundred meters and entire Indian establishment, political and military, have not slept since May. It's more profitable for China to hang this sword of Damocles over the Indians heads than actually chop them off (DBO). This way they get a compliant adversary who placates the PLA so as not to risk that sword dropping over their heads.

Thank you for your analysis. ;)

I agree India will accept the STATUS QUO.

The army is their to STOP further incursions OR full scale invasion.

India cannot fight china in its current state

Su-30y.jpg

OIP.QvnmNWya8c98SvnUWov0BwHaDT

crp_India-deploys-air-defence-missile-system-in-Ladakh.jpg

Su-30y.jpg

Most Indians have now come to this conclusion now, so good to see your onboard. Your answer on why India cannot fight China is highlighted in the very pictures you have posted.

Su-30y.jpg

India will accept status quo of pre-April. The current occupation by china is not acceptable.

Wars have huge consequences. China , for sure, will not come out of war without they taking a big hit (economy etc).....

@PanzerKiel @Joe Shearer
i am having this gutt wrenching feeling that this is not gonna end well.

i thought as time progressed things will cool down and status-quo will be established...if PLA has committed 4th Mech Div. in DBO sector of operation then they are not there for stand guard they are to move forward.

4th Mech. Div and proper medium/heavy arty support in area of operation will make DBO unsustainable/exposed - could lead to IA to relinquish the area and move to better prepared position.

India will accept status quo of pre-April. The current occupation by china is not acceptable.

Wars have huge consequences. China , for sure, will not come out of war without they taking a big hit (economy etc).....
Modi said, no Chinese is inside India!! beside, status quo of pre-April is what you demanded, why should China accept it? anything you did in return? remember you are the losing party at this hand combat war!

@PanzerKiel @Joe Shearer
i am having this gutt wrenching feeling that this is not gonna end well.

i thought as time progressed things will cool down and status-quo will be established...if PLA has committed 4th Mech Div. in DBO sector of operation then they are not there for stand guard they are to move forward.

4th Mech. Div and proper medium/heavy arty support in area of operation will make DBO unsustainable/exposed - could lead to IA to relinquish the area and move to better prepared position.

I have a similar feeling that this is not going to go well, but for slightly different reasons.
  • Modi is in increasing trouble, as popular opinion is beginning to turn against him, very, very slowly, but there is a difference.
  • The Covid-19 situation is spiralling out of control; the infections are rising, and the hospitals are bursting. Lock-downs mean no economic or commercial activity, meaning no taxes, meaning no government revenues.
  • Xi is in increasing trouble, most of all with internal dissatisfaction, especially with the ham-handed dealing with the Covid-19 situation, including the repression of the views of the doctor who first raised the alarm; with the trouble with Taiwan, that nobody takes as a serious first priority; with the trouble with Hong Kong, and the British criticism of the actions proposed to be taken; with the ongoing war of words, very bitter exchanges, with Australia; with the increasing resistance from the countries surrounding the South China Sea; with the bad odour from the exorbitant terms of their 'aid' deals, that generally end up with the Chinese owning the property that they apparently funded and engineered; with the continuing threat from the US Navy.
  • They both need diversions. This has considerably diverted public attention from the really grim Covid situation in India.
  • They will probably give their respective military free hands to move forward. A military leadership given a free hand immediately begins to use its feet - to run forward at a fast pace towards danger.
  • Both sides have geared up. This level of massing of troops is a spreading pool of gasoline. One match struck may lead to a conflagration.
  • The details are not the critical clues. The movement forward of the 4 Mechanised Infantry Division is a confirmation of doctrine being used in practical ways. The PLA GF have planned years ago to retain troops at central locations, and to get them to the point of friction within defined limits. They have practised and practised and practised the movement of troops according to these definitions, and are good at meeting these logistics targets. That also is used to withdraw troops and return to their home bases. The point is that there are large numbers of troops facing each other and the slightest spark of tension could provoke a gigantic forest fire.
  • Therefore I think that the danger lies in the mental state of the two leaders; if they, either of them, is not inclined to back down, then there will be trouble. The 4 Division being there is a symptom only. we have to watch and see if the condition worsens.

In India anybody can question our armed forces.

Its a privilege only Indians have.
If you hire men or improve the standard of the ones you already have... you won't need to blame, accuse, tarnish or put them under the limelight, kind of what you take as a privilege.
My army may have a million faults but thank god we don't need this privilege.

Mods: sorry it was a full toss, just couldn't resist.

Incorrect.

PA and PLA also recently had this "privilege" of questioning Indian armed forces. One of the questions was about tea if I remember correctly.

No, you do not remember correctly. There is no questioning of armed personnel permitted. Conventional questions may be answered by name, rank and military number. There was no question about tea; there was a half-hearted attempt at making up for the brutality shown by the civilian captors of the pilot.

If you hire men or improve the standard of the ones you already have... you won't need to blame, accuse, tarnish or put them under the limelight, kind of what you take as a privilege.
My army may have a million faults but thank god we don't need this privilege.

Mods: sorry it was a full toss, just couldn't resist.

A thoroughly meaningless answer. The mods would not intervene, they need not intervene, this is just a reiteration of the 'one Pakistani soldier is worth seven Indian soldiers' stuff that we hear about (from Pakistani sources), and that keeps rebounding time after time after time.

When you are a soldier, open your mouth on these things. Until then, you are just another impertinent civilian.

On cricket, try to remember that the answer to a full-toss is not a donkey drop.

Back
Top Bottom