What's new

PIA earns profit of Rs 2.83 billion in Q1, 2015

real problem is over 300 billion rupees in loans, who will manage those loans? thats is one of the reason why privatization is not viable unless gov take over these loans
Not necessarily. Cash raised from privatization could help pay off debt, or transfer the debt to the ones buying the airline. Debt isn't a terrible demon, as long as it's managed properly, which privatization may help, by bringing in more experienced staff.

When we incur losses we curse government

When we make profit we find excuses and curse government

We Pakistanis would never be happy even if PIA posted a gross profit of 100 billion rupees
Govt ha hi issi laik :enjoy:

You are ignoring something...privatization isn't good as it reduces the government earnings applying the left over pressure on taxes thus hike in taxes....There's no rocket science involved to get PIA on track...moreover, there is someone close to zordari and miangi who wants to buy PIA....Plot: the company's income statement is set for loss....it decreases the actual value of the firm...and the company is then sold for nuts...that's how this plot works in Pak sadly....people who thinks that privatization is good, needs to study it again...
And adding to that: the company' shows profits, out of nowhere, in the very next statement after privatization... LOLX
That's not true. Privatization doesn't equate to less government earning, that's a myth. Taxation of the airline can bring in the same amount of revenue, if not more (or less), to the government.

Privatization doesn't directly decrease the value of the airline (or any company), and most of the time, the decline is usually temporary. Investors sell stock, because of panic over change in management, which is similar to when a company decides to restructure it's assets and top management teams.

I haven't studied economics in a very long time, so I may be wrong, or have not explained that well enough.

What a load of utter nonsense! This is called spinning the facts. The only reason PIA is doing any better is because world oil prices have hit rock bottom, saving PIA millions of dollars on fuel costs.
God! just stop embarrassing yourself and hang on to Imran's left nut, same goes for every idiot who "pujas" their politicians.

PIA Have a Potential like

Emirates Population only few million, and Emirates Air line have more than 284 Planes.
then why PIA only have around 30 planes, with the country population around 200 Million.

itni gandi service hai PIA ki.

Even air hostesses treat passengers like step ammis.(step mom).

And its still facing losses. What a flashy way of covering losses. They could do better than that if they remove their ever ingrained corruption. I would rather like to give them a piece of my mind over this projecting it as some major achievement,
Sachmay hum pakistanion ko hee sheeples ki tarah har baat pay khush ho janay ke adat hai.

Before u guys throw eggs at me lemme tell u i am not PTIan.

itni gandi service hai PIA ki.

Even air hostesses treat passengers like step ammis.(step mom).

And its still facing losses. What a flashy way of covering losses. They could do better than that if they remove their ever ingrained corruption. I would rather like to give them a piece of my mind over this projecting it as some major achievement,
Sachmay hum pakistanion ko hee sheeples ki tarah har baat pay khush ho janay ke adat hai.

Before u guys throw eggs at me lemme tell u i am not PTIan.
Just a trivia, Guess who I am talking about

After leaving air force, this gentleman was employed at the Ministry of Defence (MoD) and was appointed as the president of the national flag carriers, the Pakistan International Airlines (PIA). At there, he learned to fly the commercial airline and obtained a Commercial pilot licence after passing the exam from Federal Aviation Administration of the United States. he also introduced new uniforms for the air hostesses and stewards which earned words of admiration at domestic and international airports. During his tenure, PIA achieved lowest aircraft accident rate and highest net profit of Pakistan, and was a formidable competitor in the world airline business. His tenure as president is often reminded as "gold age of PIA"

Just a trivia, Guess who I am talking about

After leaving air force, this gentleman was employed at the Ministry of Defence (MoD) and was appointed as the president of the national flag carriers, the Pakistan International Airlines (PIA). At there, he learned to fly the commercial airline and obtained a Commercial pilot licence after passing the exam from Federal Aviation Administration of the United States. he also introduced new uniforms for the air hostesses and stewards which earned words of admiration at domestic and international airports. During his tenure, PIA achieved lowest aircraft accident rate and highest net profit of Pakistan, and was a formidable competitor in the world airline business. His tenure as president is often reminded as "gold age of PIA"
I know what nur khan and asghar gave to pia. I always knew. But what it has to do with war of 65.

I know what nur khan and asghar gave to pia. I always knew. But what it has to do with war of 65.
my post has nothing to do with 65... It's just about a competent leader that transformed PIA.

my post has nothing to do with 65... It's just about the most competent man that transformed PIA.
Btw you are giving profile of asghar khan i think.
The whle golden age is always attributed to nur khan in case u dont know.

God! just stop embarrassing yourself and hang on to Imran's left nut, same goes for every idiot who "pujas" their politicians.

How about you stop embarrassing yourself to begin with? Criticism of PIA as a corrupt national institution doesn't mean that someone is a supporter of PTI. You only have to be a concerned Pakistani to worry about the state of affairs of PIA, Pakistan Railways, Pakistan Post, etc. If you thinkt these institutions are working great and there's nothing wrong, then please do sell me whatever you've been smoking.

Btw you are giving profile of asghar khan i think.
The whle golden age is always attributed to nur khan in case u dont know.
Is it? sorry then

The promise - Masood Hasan

There was no room for tomfoolery when people like Nur Khan and Asghar Khan were around. It is our ill fortune that their successors never rose to those great heights. In its early days, PIA was run by gifted professionals, men and women of integrity, well versed in efficient profit-driven management. Sadly, this golden age was short lived and the airline’s descent into mediocrity, nepotism, corruption, cronyism and rank inefficiency was swift.

Is it? sorry then

The promise - Masood Hasan

There was no room for tomfoolery when people like Nur Khan and Asghar Khan were around. It is our ill fortune that their successors never rose to those great heights. In its early days, PIA was run by gifted professionals, men and women of integrity, well versed in efficient profit-driven management. Sadly, this golden age was short lived and the airline’s descent into mediocrity, nepotism, corruption, cronyism and rank inefficiency was swift.
But ididnt fail the quiz... right??

About time our national carrier woke up and start fixing the mess previous caretakers of this organization have created! Time to take PIA to its glory days again!!

Back
Top Bottom