What's new

PHILIPPINE MISSILE PROJECT

India might be able to help in this regard.If Governments talk.
I guess USA might help Phillipines develop a credible missile technology to counter chinese incursions and claims in south china sea.

India may be also a good source to buy weapons as long as we are not dependent to the US as indigenous weapons developments are almost non-existence here - we have built prototype vehicles and experimental vehicles but nothing happened.

I also doubt that the US will give us something "high-tech" and more likely, it would be the Americans themselves that would set up and use such weapons - which is also highly-doubtful due to local bureaucracy.

India may be also a good source to buy weapons as long as we are not dependent to the US as indigenous weapons developments are almost non-existence here - we have built prototype vehicles and experimental vehicles but nothing happened.

I also doubt that the US will give us something "high-tech" and more likely, it would be the Americans themselves that would set up and use such weapons - which is also highly-doubtful due to local bureaucracy.
Yeah i agree Americans are worried and skeptical about missile tech transfer to any country.They would rather set up such missile systems and operate themselves in phillipines instead of helping build one.
We developed Missile technology ourselves, You can buy missiles from India, while working on your own Indigenous missile technology.
I know everything starts small, we too started small and now we have missiles to reach europe and ballistic missile technology.
So keep up the good work, you will get there :D
In the meantime, If both Governments hold talks, maybe there could be some collaboration etc.

Yeah i agree Americans are worried and skeptical about missile tech transfer to any country.They would rather set up such missile systems and operate themselves in phillipines instead of helping build one.
We developed Missile technology ourselves, You can buy missiles from India, while working on your own Indigenous missile technology.
I know everything starts small, we too started small and now we have missiles to reach europe and ballistic missile technology.
So keep up the good work, you will get there :D
In the meantime, If both Governments hold talks, maybe there could be some collaboration etc.

I just hope that the government will negotiate with India and other countries as the only non-second-hand, non-US weapons we bought are jets from South Korea and helicopters from Europe. I can't say about Israel as I did read that we bought or planning to buy howitzers from them. Relying on the US won't do good, just look at those "brand new" (refurbished) boats and how the plan to acquire most likely second-hand F-16s didn't go as planned.

We could have developed the missiles that is described in the first page, sadly, political bickering is the first in the agenda of most politicians here. We also have no idea as to what happened to those missiles - it could have been scrapped or sold in exchange for money.

For Philippine i would support it but under UN rules PH had to follow i guess but it has to Surface to Surface
aslo 12km or those are not nice you will need at least serveral hundred km and PH all need and funds
first short range then intermediate range

i would say best would be EU USA or other country all PH is need some expert at the begin

For Philippine i would support it but under UN rules PH had to follow i guess but it has to Surface to Surface
aslo 12km or those are not nice you will need at least serveral hundred km and PH all need and funds
first short range then intermediate range

i would say best would be EU USA or other country all PH is need some expert at the begin

We could seek help from EU or any other country such as Israel but not US, they will not give us anything. Possibly, any missiles that has 100km range would suffice since this would be used against ships in case an invasion would occur. Aside from surface-to-surface, we would also need mobile SAM as our defense consists of only anti-aircraft guns and our current jet is an armed trainer.

But if we are serious in defense, our politicians should stop hogging-in funds and use some of them to buy weapons and have economic reforms to have (legal) funds in developing everything, defense included.

I just hope that the government will negotiate with India and other countries as the only non-second-hand, non-US weapons we bought are jets from South Korea and helicopters from Europe. I can't say about Israel as I did read that we bought or planning to buy howitzers from them. Relying on the US won't do good, just look at those "brand new" (refurbished) boats and how the plan to acquire most likely second-hand F-16s didn't go as planned.

We could have developed the missiles that is described in the first page, sadly, political bickering is the first in the agenda of most politicians here. We also have no idea as to what happened to those missiles - it could have been scrapped or sold in exchange for money.
We are not signatory to Missile Technology Control Regime (MTCR), so we are not bound like USA and other nations which are part of that group.
You could buy our Tejas LCA currently Tejas MK2 is under extensive trials,
as for helicopters we have light combat helicopter(LCH) tc.
in regard to boats, we have our own indigenous built ships,i am India would gladly help you in these fields. All it takes is Government to Government meeting and make some deals.

I am sure Phillipines government will resurrect that missile development technology again due to the crisis in South -china sea.

We are not signatory to Missile Technology Control Regime (MTCR), so we are not bound like USA and other nations which are part of that group.
in regard to boats, we have our own indigenous built ships,i am India would gladly help you in these fields. All it takes is Government to Government meeting and make some deals.

I am sure Phillipines government will resurrect that missile development technology again due to the crisis in South -china sea.

Since we are also not a signatory of the MTCR, it is likely that we could acquire or develop such weapons, if we have the funds and resources. Once a government to government meeting occurs, it is possible that acquisition of weapons for defence could occur.

With the current administration, I doubt that that these projects would be resurrected, our president is too vindictive of the former administration, specially the Marcos administration that spearheaded the missile development technology. Other than this, we are not sure what happened to these developments or is it still in some base here in the Philippines or were sold.

Since we are also not a signatory of the MTCR, it is likely that we could acquire or develop such weapons, if we have the funds and resources. Once a government to government meeting occurs, it is possible that acquisition of weapons for defence could occur.

With the current administration, I doubt that that these projects would be resurrected, our president is too vindictive of the former administration, specially the Marcos administration that spearheaded the missile development technology. Other than this, we are not sure what happened to these developments or is it still in some base here in the Philippines or were sold.
With the escalation of South china sea crisis everyday i am sure your politicians will start of think about your country first more in future.Since a country defense comes first before anything else.

With the escalation of South china sea crisis everyday i am sure your politicians will start of think about your country first more in future.Since a country defense comes first before anything else.

I just hope so because it is their political bickering that weakened this country, wasting money and time.

Sure in the near future if th Tejas will be full used by India accourding to our Military modernization law the host country were the weapon originated must use it in their military forces for years but then again the Philippine Senate did authorized the President to buy weapons from Nations we have military cooperation and alliance with but i dont see india on the military cooperation list but maybe someday we can get technology transfers and buy military iteams from India

Sure in the near future if th Tejas will be full used by India accourding to our Military modernization law the host country were the weapon originated must use it in their military forces for years but then again the Philippine Senate did authorized the President to buy weapons from Nations we have military cooperation and alliance with but i dont see india on the military cooperation list but maybe someday we can get technology transfers and buy military iteams from India
We already have some squadrons operating Tejas in india, but our Airforce wants the next version Tejas MarK2 which is being tested with BVRAAM and Supersonic missile Brahmos, once the intense testing is over, they will be delivered to our Airforce.
Mostly we are trying to equip and build our own Indigenous weapon systems uptil now, once the Military Industrial Complex takes shape fully we will start selling weapon systems to others.
Some countries buyed our stuff.

It might get resurrected again. Any, with 12KM range, this could become an effective anti-ship missile.

Erm, you do realize that 052d's 130 mm dual purpose gun has a 30 km range right? Chinese anti-ship missile typically has a range of 350~400km. Even the Japanese missile has a 180 km range. 12 km in modern naval combat isn't even knife range, it is practically humping the target.

PH can buy missile from US or Nato country if they want.

We already have some squadrons operating Tejas in india, but our Airforce wants the next version Tejas MarK2 which is being tested with BVRAAM and Supersonic missile Brahmos, once the intense testing is over, they will be delivered to our Airforce.
Mostly we are trying to equip and build our own Indigenous weapon systems uptil now, once the Military Industrial Complex takes shape fully we will start selling weapon systems to others.
Some countries buyed our stuff.

Good but our laws says it must be operated by the country of orgin for years so more years will be needed to make the system to be accepted by the procurement committe of the DND plus India needs to submitte a bid to the fighter procurement bid of the PAF (Philippine Airforce) but the choice unoffically is the Saab Gripen but no official winner has been announce since the project is still being put over for 2015 in accordance with the new modernization law (amended version of the orginal 1995 military modernization law) so far india's bid is on our Frigate procurement project bid but the brass and the government is looking more on the Incheon Class Frigates of Korea i forgot what class India submitted to the bid sorry comrade. But again maybe in the near future we be getting more military items from India since the congress already authorized the President and the DND to buy more Arms to allied countries but it still need to follow the Modernization law.

Last edited:
If the US trusts us enough and sufficient money, we could have bought those "84-Harpoons" but I guess they are not considering that from what I have read before, back in the 70s we were considering better fighter planes but end up having those F-8s which, thanks to a certain volcano, all our F-8s got trashed.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom