What's new

Petrol prices increased to Rs98.89 per litre

The ones in Pakistan who have this much money do not whine about petrol prices.

Who said I'm whining? I drive a Tesla. Haven't had a petrol bill in years:enjoy:.

Stop this stupid fucking comparison. Everyone is paying "hey we pay this much". You can't compare your country with Pakistan given the huge difference in minimum wage as well as currency strength.

Look, every country has its prices for a reason and it's not all about minimum wage or even affordability. Venezuela subsidizes petrol making it one of the cheapest commodities and most affordable for its citizens despite their limited wealth. Even as wealth in the country declines and the cost of basic goods and services raises, petrol remains cheap because the government of Venezuela continues its subsidies. Norway on the other hand is also oil rich, but it disincentives petrol-powered transit by applying heavy taxes to both petrol costs and car ownership, making electric powered vehicles, like my Model S, very attractive and more affordable. Norway actually sees more zero-emission vehicles sold versus petrol powered ones, over half of vehicles sold are hybrids, and it's largely because of the cost of petrol-powered transit.

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2019/0...sh-norway-to-58-zero-emission-share-in-march/

We are by no means a poor country or poor in oil capacity. The North Sea blessed us with commodities wealth.

20151210OST_7235.t566a880e.m800.xkG_zsKXi.jpg

Our government slaps taxes on basic consumer goods - from oil to pizza - and it drives up costs, making Norway one of the most expensive countries to live in or travel to. I pay more in taxes then your average American make in a year. We might make more money then you, but we have our cost of living too and it limits our budgets just a low wages would for you.

You make 500,000$ a year??? What do you do for a living?

330,000 per year. Convert from Pakistani rupee. Not Indian:-).

I do software design, development and testing for military programs mainly, but not exclusively.

Hahah. Why increase only 6 rupees per litre? Imran khan is so smart and good looking that people will bring excuses/justification to defend inflation and petrol prices even if it cross 200 rupees per litre

well they cant just increase it in one go.

Amazingly 2 pieces of news came out one day apart. Pakistan finds oil. Oil prices hiked in Pakistan.

This is a futile attempt on part of politicians to provide stability in the country. Bankruptcy, war and even famine stares us square in the eye and yet we found the time for appreciating Ms. Hayat for her efforts to project the Pakistani culture through Billi.

Petrol price in 2013. 113 rupees
https://www.dawn.com/news/1046525/petrol-price-reaches-rs11325-per-litre

Petrol price in july 2018: 99.50
https://tribune.com.pk/story/1746946/2-july-petrol-price-hiked-rs99-5-per-litre

Rok sako tou rok lou tabdeeli aei rey

@BHarwana ab kabi economic related threads par kabi nazar ni aata :yay:
its 50% cheaper than india

pakistan is the only country in the world where the poor 80% who dont have cars subsidize rich for their oil, poor 30% who dont have electricity subsidize the rich and middle class that has it, and 80% poor that dont have gas subsizide the rich 20% that have gas at home

very odd but true

This is a very unfair comparison. And I'll explain why.
Come on man. I live in America. NYC is not an example of the US, it has double price than the whole rest of the country.

Houston, Texas (biggest Pakistani community). It is $2.15 per Gallon.
2.15/4
$0.53 per liter.
0.53*141
75 PKR per liter.
US is the largest producer of oil in the world with 12 million barrels being produced every day. (YES, it produces more oil than Saudi Arabia and Venezuela)

Whereas for Pakistan, we only produce 80 thousand barrels per day, and comes in at number 44 in terms of production, but 33rd in consumption.

A fair way to compare would be to compare with regional countries, with similar oil production. And I. That regards Pakistan still has the cheapest petrol/gas.

Today in Sydney its A$1.41/ltr for normal unleaded91 which is $0.999 US

https://www.fuelcheck.nsw.gov.au/app

56119969_10156476131009527_6514542545588977664_n.jpg

Anyone complaining about this needs to come to Norway:lol:. You'll be broke in a day. Fifth highest average petrol prices on the planet around here.

https://www.globalpetrolprices.com/gasoline_prices/

And Norway is an oil producing country

its 50% cheaper than india

pakistan is the only country in the world where the poor 80% who dont have cars subsidize rich for their oil, poor 30% who dont have electricity subsidize the rich and middle class that has it, and 80% poor that dont have gas subsizide the rich 20% that have gas at home

very odd but true

To say i am disappointed with PTI govt on the economic front would be an understatement. I know there is no magic wand and things can't be fixed overnight but atleast make an effort. I was expecting them to clean up the tax system and start taxing people and punish the people that don't pay taxes.

Pakistan is a country of 220mil people and last year only 1.4mil people submitted their tax returns. Thats slightly over 6.36%. of the population.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1867870/2-1-4m-taxpayers-submit-annual-returns-2018/

The only way for Pakistan's economy to improve, the tax system needs to be revamped, increasing exports and decreasing imports.

I like how brain drain is showing here in this thread.

Keep it up guys. Making Pakistan proud with such pathetic comparison

I like how brain drain is showing here in this thread.

Keep it up guys. Making Pakistan proud with such pathetic comparison
What is pathetic? The fact that Pakistan has to buys oil from international market for which Pakistan has to pay in usd to tune of $15billion +.

Or the fact that we have to pay for it through loans if GOP doesnt increase prices?

What is pathetic? The fact that Pakistan has to buys oil from international market for which Pakistan has to pay in usd to tune of $15billion +.

Or the fact that we have to pay for it through loans if GOP doesnt increase prices?

It is pathetic to compare countries like Norway and others with Pakistan in terms of fuel prices.

and your point is?

Those who can afford Tesla in Pakistan do not frequent such websites.

I made my point already its just ghajni type pdf member who wouldnt get it and will never will.

I made my point already its just ghajni type pdf member who wouldnt get it and will never will.

What you do not understand is the simple fact that the poor cannot afford these price hikes.

You are content to pay more because you have more. They do not.

Continue to oppress them more.

What people need to understand is that pml-n has taken massive loans for their corruption & miss-use, now in PTI rule, they have to return the loan as per the schedule, so because of this the prices are going up.

Back
Top Bottom