What's new

Persian gulf or Arabian gulf?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because we been calling it that for thousand of years, for 2500 years atleast.
how would feel if someone said Pakistan should be called India.?

PGK, leaving aside the contentious Pak-Ind debates, I have a question for you.

What is the oldest script / prose / poetry in Persian literature that refers to the gulf as "Khaleej Faris" or something similar to that.

Peace.

PGK, with due respect to you, Ayatullahs are usually not an unbiased source of history. I don't have much respect for the politically motivated Mullahs of Saudi or Ayatullahs of Iran. They all are involved in spreading misinformation and anarchy in the region.

Coming back to the topic, your link is a news item loaded with Iranian claim on islands etc. That's besides the point.

I was asking about the oldest script / poetry / prose / map that refers this body of water as "Khaleej faris" or something like that.

Your quoted news article says the following:

------------------------------------------------------------
While historical documents show that the waterway has always been referred to as the 'Persian Gulf', .........[deleted]

In July 2010, archeological excavations in the Iranian port city of Siraf yielded new evidence confirming the antiquity of the Persian Gulf title.

Iranian archeologists discovered Sassanid and early-Islamic residential strata as well as a number of intact amphoras used in sea trade during the Parthian, Abbasid and early Islamic eras.
------------------------------------------------

But there is no link to the "historical documents" What are they and how far back they go in history.

What are the artifacts from the "archeological excavations in the Iranian port city of Siraf" and what do they show?

Peace.

521978_dobM5u1g.jpg

PGK, with due respect to you, Ayatullahs are usually not an unbiased source of history. I don't have much respect for the politically motivated Mullahs of Saudi or Ayatullahs of Iran. They all are involved in spreading misinformation and anarchy in the region.

Coming back to the topic, your link is a news item loaded with Iranian claim on islands etc. That's besides the point.

I was asking about the oldest script / poetry / prose / map that refers this body of water as "Khaleej faris" or something like that.

Your quoted news article says the following:

------------------------------------------------------------
While historical documents show that the waterway has always been referred to as the 'Persian Gulf', .........[deleted]

In July 2010, archeological excavations in the Iranian port city of Siraf yielded new evidence confirming the antiquity of the Persian Gulf title.

Iranian archeologists discovered Sassanid and early-Islamic residential strata as well as a number of intact amphoras used in sea trade during the Parthian, Abbasid and early Islamic eras.
------------------------------------------------

But there is no link to the "historical documents" What are they and how far back they go in history.

What are the artifacts from the "archeological excavations in the Iranian port city of Siraf" and what do they show?

Peace.

what?? what part of darius the great uses the name 2500 year is so hard to understand bro?
so everything the mullas say is a lie? there are such evidence but you need to go to museum of tehran and visit the persepolis section.

Perhaps we should compromise and call it the "Kidney Gulf". Descriptive but not nationalistic.

Now we have to figure out some way to rename the "Indian" Ocean, the "Arabian" Sea, the South and East China Seas...

Dear Sahand,

Just remember that Iran's supremo leaders the Ayatullahs claim to have "purest" bloodlines back to few Arabs.

Not that I believe in the concept of bloodlines as it smacks of the caste system.

peace.

..... you need to go to museum of tehran and visit the persepolis section.

PGK,

I'd love to visit the museum. However you can put some info here if you have visited it. What script / prose / poetry/ map shows the gulf being called "Khaleej Faris"?

Peace.

^^ its not Khaleej Faris. Its Khalije Fars or Khalije Hameshegi Fars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom