perks and benefits of civilians in ghq, rawalpindipractical

Naveed Hussain Rind

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
honorable members of this forum
A.O.A
I am naveed Hussain and have applied for the post of assistant chief administrative officer , ghq , defence division through GHQ
Could any one please answer following question regarding the above post:
1.what are the job responsibilities and duties of assistant chief administrative officer at ghq
2. What is the career of the said post in terms of promotion?
3. What are the perks and benefits of said post and are they similar to other federal government officers or different?
4. I belong to sindh so if I get appointment in ghq will I be given any accommodation?
5. Do civilian officers recruited through fpsc have any respect working among highly trained and decorated commissioned officers?
6. I have also another oppourtnity through fpsc as section officer in national assembly, which post should I go for insha ALLAH when I am selected?

i cant answer your questions but i do know that civilians working in army have greater job satisfaction than private sector.

A.O.A
I am naveed Hussain and have applied for the post of assistant chief administrative officer , ghq , defence division through GHQ
1.what are the job responsibilities and duties of assistant chief administrative officer at ghq
3. What are the perks and benefits of said post and are they similar to other federal government officers or different?
4. I belong to sindh so if I get appointment in ghq will I be given any accommodation?
5. Do civilian officers recruited through fpsc have any respect working among highly trained and decorated commissioned officers?
6. I have also another oppourtnity through fpsc as section officer in national assembly, which post should I go for insha ALLAH when I am selected?
If it through fpsc then you will be an employee of Ministry of Defence and not Pakistan Army.......having said that you ID card issued will bear the credentials of Pakistan Army though.......
But all your salary, benefits ta da will be paid by MoD not PA..... Good luck enjoying respect in GHQ, itsna place where Brigadier even have to stand in Que for checks and you are talking about a civie working their.......
A JCO may get more respect then you inside GHQ, your G-1,G2 will be Army officers so be prepared to face some tough time.......you will be entitled to hiring of 15k (i believe) or be provided accommodation by Army.......
If you need a job one or the other way, take it but working in GHQ is different, believe me.......
If you are selected as Section Officer at NA, i would advise you to go with it and leave MoD job......

You are more than welcome to verify what i have said above from secondary source........from those working at GHQ........

A.O.A

If you think that it is normal Govt. job like other ministries than you will be surprised when you will join MoD / GHQ they are very punctual specially in timings. If I m not wrong then all Civilian staff of GHQ is managed by CAO office (a brigadier level person is incharge usually).

I have worked there for some time in early 2000 and enjoyed it, but for me it was not a growing career oriented job so I left it although CAO office wanted me to stay and were willing to allow me one month leave.

Best of luck, but if you join you may be asked to get character certificate from Rawalpindi, that was an issue for many when I joined the GHQ.

Thanks for reply. According to the fpsc the assistant chief administrator will report to respective directors for policy making and procurement of stores.
Are these directors civlian or army officers
what about perks and benefits. Are these civilians allowed accommodation in army mess and houses or they are given house rent?
@Basel what do you mean you enjoyed your work? How did enjoy? What are the pros and coins working as gazzeted civilian officer in ghq? Please share your experience.

In national assembly govt accommodation plus good salary a lot more than other civil servants is given not to mention contacts with politicians etc.

Last edited:
If you think that it is normal Govt. job like other ministries than you will be surprised when you will join MoD / GHQ they are very punctual specially in timings. If I m not wrong then all Civilian staff of GHQ is managed by CAO office (a brigadier level person is incharge usually).

I have worked there for some time in early 2000 and enjoyed it, but for me it was not a growing career oriented job so I left it although CAO office wanted me to stay and were willing to allow me one month leave.

Best of luck, but if you join you may be asked to get character certificate from Rawalpindi, that was an issue for many when I joined the GHQ.

"bro i want to know i have given test in ghq civilians jobs as LDC bps 09 , i want to know how is this job? is it good?

Back
Top Bottom