What's new

Per capita income: A Pakistani now makes $1,513 a year

dy1xrn.png

World Bank Data Per capita income US Dollars. With the government of NS Pakistan's per capita income is steadily increasing and most likely already has surpassed India's per capita income.

Last edited:
Yes by around $125.

nope

View attachment 223268

http://indiabudget.nic.in/es2014-15/estat1.pdf

India per capita income is Rs 88,533 for 2014-15 which mean $1390.

create a thread on this
I second to that.

@save_ghenda : please kindly tag me if you start a thread, thanks!
Yes and post it with complete detail including the official Indian finance ministry source of budget

Hold your horses mate :lol:

Indian government reports GDP at Factor cost, whereas Pakistan and other countries as well IMF reports gdp at market prices. So what you are getting from the Indian government economic survey is obviously gonna be less than the IMF figures. From next year onwards Indian goverment will be reporting the GDP figures at market prices in line with the other countries of the world. That's one of the many changes that was brought in during the recent change in gdp calculation method.

Go ahead open a thread, would love to school you guys over there :sarcastic:

It is incorrect

In fact the price of milk was slightly more expensive back on 2010 if my memory is correct.

In 2010 or 2011 I had started buying 5 pint milk bottle for £1.95 that is 2.84 litres or about 300 rupees for less than 3 litres of milk.

After 2012 I think, the price of milk is same in major stores such as Tesco from where you buy the bottle of milk for £1.48. Roughly 225 rupees for 2.84 litres of milk and in Pakistan it's 50 rupees per litre if bought from the dealer or 70 rupees if received at home from doodhwala or purchased the bottled milk from the store
Dude where do you live? I am VERY sure it is no where close to that price in Islamabad...Hasnt been for a while!

Pakistan is rated as most expensive country in South Asia. Well, that was some 5 years ago, but last year I was in Islamabad and I believe it (not talking about markets in posh areas) was more expensive than in Malaysia.
In fact I know it....

It is a bitter truth...My mamoo and I had a long discussion on it...He claimed that a guy who earns 5K Rs and has to pay that much on grocery (not posh markets) or even education.....it is depressing....

We finally agreed when he told me to take it in terms of units off the salary....Like if 1000 Rs goes on food from 5000 Rs taken in terms of units it is 1/5th of the salary....VERY rarely does one spend a 5th or even a quarter on food....

Indian government reports GDP at Factor cost, whereas Pakistan and other countries as well IMF reports gdp at market prices. So what you are getting from the Indian government economic survey is obviously gonna be less than the IMF figures. From next year onwards Indian goverment will be reporting the GDP figures at market prices in line with the other countries of the world. That's one of the many changes that was brought in during the recent change in gdp calculation method.

Here are the Per Capita Income based on the Gross National Income for India in 2014-2015

http://www.mospi.nic.in/mospi_new/upload/nad_press_release_9feb15.pdf

STATEMENT 2: Advance Estimates of National Income and Expenditures on GDP at
current prices , 2014-15

GNI : INR 124986.62 Billion, Average Exchange Rate – US$ 1 = INR 60.76

GNI : US$ 2,057 Billion ; Population : 1.267 Billion

Per Capita Income : US$ 1,623

Here are the Per Capita Income based on the Gross National Income for India in 2014-2015

current prices , 2014-15

India GDP Rs124.986 trillion ($1.960 trillion) & per capita income $1546 2014-15 | Page 5

Try World bank data .

Dude where do you live? I am VERY sure it is no where close to that price in Islamabad...Hasnt been for a while!
Well the price is true in whichever city I know.

We have 2 milkman assigned to supply milk for home. First person charges 70 rupees and the other charges 75 with promise that he will not add water. It is somewhat true that his milk tastes more organic. I asked one of them about the whereabouts of the milk they supply as they used to own cows before but this trend is somewhat diminished. He said he buys milk from the neighbouring village for 50 rupees per litre and sell in the city for 70 rupees + I know he adds small portion of water like everybody does in Pakistan.

I went to buy milk from one of the supplier about 1 mile away from my home and he sold me pure milk for 55 rupees per litre and that shop sells thousands of litres per day so it would be cheaper for regular customers. There was another milkman who sells milk for 60 rupees per litre but my family was not satisfied with the quality of milk as they thought he is adding too much water in it.

PS: I think it is unfair comparison. The real question is, 1 day of salary in UK might be sufficient to eat food for the whole month. But in Pakistan you hardly make any savings after working for the whole month

PS: I think it is unfair comparison. The real question is, 1 day of salary in UK might be sufficient to eat food for the whole month. But in Pakistan you hardly make any savings after working for the whole month
And that is basically my point:

My mamoo and I had a long discussion on it...He claimed that a guy who earns 5K Rs and has to pay that much on grocery (not posh markets) or even education.....it is depressing....

We finally agreed when he told me to take it in terms of units off the salary....Like if 1000 Rs goes on food from 5000 Rs taken in terms of units it is 1/5th of the salary....VERY rarely does one spend a 5th or even a quarter on food....

You have converted Indian Rupees 124.986 Trillion into US Dollars at possibly today's Rate i.e. about US$ 1 = Indian Rupees 63.77. For the Actual Calculation you have to use the AVERAGE RATE for the Full Year 2014-2015 which is as follows :

http://indiabudget.nic.in/es2014-15/echapter-vol2.pdf

State of Economy Page 2 - Economic Survey 2014-15 - Table 0.1 : Key Indicators

Average Exchange Rate – INR / US$ 60.78

You will find that the Per Capita Income will equate to US$ 1,623

The estimated GDP for next year is 320Billion dollars or 1658$.

Another possibility

1-Expected Appreciation of rupee to 98 or even below later this year

GDP nominal 336Billion dollars and Per capita income 1740$.

The estimated GDP for next year is 320Billion dollars or 1658$.

Another possibility

1-Expected Appreciation of rupee to 98 or even below later this year

GDP nominal 336Billion dollars and Per capita income 1740$.

I don't care about Pakistan, if you are doing well then good for your guys. It does make me wonder though, that if Pakistani economy is as good as you spin doctors make it out to be then why is it dependent on handouts from the IMF, but once again I don't really care about that!

But don't try to put India down by your mental gymnastics and retarded logic. You are only going to end up making a fool out of yourself.

A factory worker roughly earns 12000 to 15000 a month while working 12 hours a day=120 to 150 USD, 5 Person family, Price of 40 kg Flour bag is RS1600(15.71USD), Price of 5 kg Dalda, oil/ghee is 850(8.34USD), Price of 5 kg sugar 275(2.70USD), Electricity bill atleast 1500 to 2000 in summer(19.63USD), GAS bill RS 300(2.95USD), Milk 1 liter 70 to 100 Rs (1 USD), Water for usage 1000 to 1500 (14.73), Daily cooking cost of vegatbles upto Rs 150=30x150=4500 (44.18USD ) - Total=109 USD

This is billing without house rent,school tuition fee and any medical problem for 5 member family which we all know working class has minimum family members 5 and up to 12.

This all calculation is without any problems add extra family members and house rent which is not less then 4000 in any industrial city,and count is it enough to survive in case of any strike or medical problem

@syedali73 and @Akheilos please tell me if i am wrong do you think in current inflation in Pakistan 120 to 150 USD are enough.

Though the question wasn't directed towards me but that's more than enough for a lazy illiterate.
How about decreasing that minimum of 5 children to 2?
How about instead of hiding one's wife in bhurqa, she's allowed to work?
How about both husband and wife learn some new skills instead of doing the same job for life as if it's their destiny?

current prices , 2014-15

Can you explain this to retarded Indians who think India's per capita is $1800 for 2014-15 and use IMF as proof?

I don't care about Pakistan, if you are doing well then good for your guys. It does make me wonder though, that if Pakistani economy is as good as you spin doctors make it out to be then why is it dependent on handouts from the IMF, but once again I don't really care about that!

But don't try to put India down by your mental gymnastics and retarded logic. You are only going to end up making a fool out of yourself.

We will not get anymore bailout program from imf after this package(to complete in 2016).We are in recovery phase

bhai jaan bura mat manna lekin hum indians chahey wo ambani hi kyon na ho usey aik ghareeb masoom insan hi samjte hai.

I am pretty sure Pakistan's actual population is already over 200mn while India's is probably around 1.6bn.

Back
Top Bottom