Pakistan
PEMRA bans Amir Liaquat over hate speech
By News Des\
Published: January 26, 2017
1SHARES
SHARE TWEET EMAIL
1307682-DrAamirLiaquat-1485422186-807-640x480.JPG

Amir Liaquat Hussain

Pakistan electronic and print media watchdog, Pemra, on Thursday banned TV anchor Amir Liaquat.

Jibran Nasir moves PEMRA against Amir Liaquat over blasphemy allegations

“Amir Liaquat and his programme has been banned with immediate effect for preaching hate,” a notification issued by Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (Pemra) read.

“Aamir Liaquat, the host of the programme named Aisay Nahi Chalay Ga shall not host any programme or appear in any manner, including but not limited to, as a guest, analyst, reporter, actor, in audio, video beeper, promo/advertisement on BOL NEWS,” the issue read.

Follow
Report PEMRA

✔@reportpemra

PEMRA bans Aamir Liaquat and his programme

عامر لیاقت اور پروگرام "ایسے نہیں چلے گا" پر پیمرا کے حکم سے فوری پابندی عائد

12:11 PM - 26 Jan 2017
Social activist Jibran Nasir has filed a an official complaint with the Pemra against TV anchor Amir Liaquat Hussain for ‘maligning’ him.

In his complaint letter to the media watchdog, Jibran said the anchor of BOL Network had started a “malicious, defamatory and life endangering campaign” against him and the bloggers who went missing between January 4 to 8.

“…on 19 January, Amir Liaquat carried on this vicious campaign against me asserting accusations of blasphemy and went to accuse me of being the admin of the Facebook page “Bhensaa” and associated all its blasphemous content and posts to me,” Jibran wrote in his letter available with the The Express Tribune.

Although , i used to laugh at his insanity and amateur behaviour in 'aise nahi chalega' , and used to wonder how such a hate monger is hosting prime-time programs , but i have to admit the sense of maturity finally pervails within the policy makers .
PS can't imagine an Indian host even coming half close to his levels . Indian members watch him in youtube , you'll love him(newer version of Zaid Hamid) .

Although , i used to laugh at his insanity and amateur behaviour in 'aise nahi chalega' , and used to wonder how such a hate monger is hosting prime-time programs , but i have to admit the sense of maturity finally pervails within the policy makers .
PS can't imagine an Indian host even coming half close to his levels . Indian members watch him in youtube , you'll love him(newer version of Zaid Hamid) .
Irony..Did you forget Arnob ?

Not Amir bhai , someone told him "AYSA nahi chale ga"

Well not sure why PEMRA woke up in this particular case he was on a roll

PEMRA ..... you are really messed up "AYSA nahi chale ga"

Back
Top Bottom