What's new

PDV VS Arrow 2

HariPrasad

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Hello Guys!!!!!!!!

In order to get familiarize with india's new BMD system called PDV, I am starting this thread to discuss the compression of Israeli arrow II system against PDV of India. All defense enthust are requested to post their views. Israeli members are specially invited to contribute to this forum in addition to Indian, Pakistani and Chines members.

I have posted Arrow 2 specification from Wiki since PDV specifications are not available.

No trolling please.

Let us discuss.

Arrow 2

Arrow 2 launch on July 29, 2004, at the Naval Air Station Point Mugu Missile Test Center, during AST USFT#1.
TypeAnti-ballistic missile
Place of origin
21px-Flag_of_Israel.svg.png
Israel[x 1]
Service history
In service2000–present
Used by
21px-Flag_of_Israel.svg.png
Israel
Warsnone
Production history
DesignerIsrael Aerospace Industries
Designed1994–present
ManufacturerIsrael Aerospace Industries,Boeing
Unit costUS$3 million (as of 2003[1])
Produced2000–present
Specifications
Weight
By phase:

• 1,300 kg (2,900 lb)[2] – "missile itself"
  • 2,800 kg (6,200 lb)[3] – officially
  • 3,500 kg (7,700 lb)[4] – sealed canister
Length
6.8 m (22 ft)[5] – 7 m (23 ft)[6][3]

• 3.45 m (11.3 ft)[7] – booster section
  • 0.75 m (2.5 ft)[7] – sustainer section
  • 2.75 m (9.0 ft)[7] – kill vehicle section
Diameter
By stage:

• 800 mm (31 in)[6][7] – 1st stage
  • 500 mm (20 in)[5] – 2nd stage
WarheadDirected high explosive fragmentation[7]
Warhead weight150 kg (330 lb)[8]
Detonation
mechanismProximity fuze[6][7]
EngineTwo-stage[6][7]
Wingspan820 mm (32 in)[5]
PropellantSolid propellant[6][7]
Operational
range90 km (56 mi)[6][7] – 148 km (92 mi)[5]
Flight ceiling50 km (31 mi)[6][7] – 60 km (37 mi)[9]
SpeedMach 9, means 2.5 km/s (1.6 mi/s)[6][7]
Guidance
systemDual mode: passive infrared seeker and active radar seeker[6][7]
Steering
systemThrust vectoring and four aerodynamic control movingfins[7]
AccuracyWithin 4 m (13 ft) of the target[6][10]
Launch
platformSix canisters per trailer-mounted erector–launcher[6][7]

@Omega007 ,@GR!FF!N , @longlong , @Dem!god ,@Kloitra, @jarves , @Chinese-Dragon,
@Oscar @Dillinger @, @[USER=15642]gambit , @Aeronaut[/USER]

Last edited:
initially there was a plan to intercept missile at 250 KM. What happened? Why did they reduced it to 120 to 140 KM?

first,I think PDV should be comparable with Arrow-3,which can intercept a target at altitude greater than 100 km,like PDV,which could intercept a target at 110-150 km altitude.

but then again,I'd request members to post all the available info about PDV and Arrow-2/Arrow-3 and then we'll start the discussion.

initially there was a plan to intercept missile at 250 KM. What happened? Why did they reduced it to 120 to 140 KM?

probably you're confusing the range with altitude.while Arrow-2 can intercept a target at near 100 km altitude,its declared range is 300 km(though it might has more range and carry more warhead than declared 500 kg).

:woot:Arrow missile is US tech the poster is a zionist false flager

first,I think PDV should be comparable with Arrow-3,which can intercept a target at altitude greater than 100 km,like PDV,which could intercept a target at 110-150 km altitude.

but then again,I'd request members to post all the available info about PDV and Arrow-2/Arrow-3 and then we'll start the discussion.

probably you're confusing the range with altitude.while Arrow-2 can intercept a target at near 100 km altitude,its declared range is 300 km(though it might has more range and carry more warhead than declared 500 kg).

Wiki says range upto 90 to 150 Km and interception altitude of 50 to 60 KM for arrow 2.

you rightly say that PDV must be comparable to arrow III,

What is the amneuvering mechanism in PDV stage 2???

I believe it should be thrust victor.

:woot:Arrow missile is US tech the poster is a zionist false flager

Hi mate,

Leave it aside. Compare technology and specification.

Wikipedia + copy and paste + the assumption that this will not result in trolling = hilarious

Nobody ask you to believe wiki. You post your own information if you have any. This is just for discussion.

Nobody ask you to believe wiki. You post your own information if you have any. This is just for discussion.

Nobody who knows how to have a proper discussion does not rely on wikipedia sources... especially on defence related topics.

Does not surprise me for someone who believes to know things like the thrust to weight ratio of Tejas MKII although no one knows the weight of that plane yet.......

Nobody who knows how to have a proper discussion does not rely on wikipedia sources... especially on defence related topics.

You are not proving anything except your uninformed brain. If you do not want to believe do not post. I have not invited you for your expert (Dumb) opinion.

Does not surprise me for someone who believes to know things like the thrust to weight ratio of Tejas MKII although no one knows the weight of that plane yet.......

Our scientist says that it will be 400 to 500 kg lighter than MK1. I can easily guise what will the weight of new plane. However I do n't surprise if you can not work that out.

You are not proving anything except your uninformed brain. If you do not want to believe do not post. I have not invited you for your expert (Dumb) opinion.

Our scientist says that it will be 400 to 500 kg lighter than MK1. I can easily guise what will the weight of new plane. However I do n't surprise if you can not work that out.

1.) If I dont believe in something, I will say it. Whether you like it or not..... is not my interest.

2.) You will never learn, wont you? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
1.) I dont believe in something, I will say it. Whether you like it or not..... is not my interest.

I didn't ask you what you believe what not. This is thread id for discussion. I told you that if you do not belive in wiki, post data from your source. You could't do that. Now you are ranting and doing your personal propaganda what you like and what you do n't like. Does it make any difference for any forum member for your likes and dislike???

If you do not have anything to contribute, why are you wresting your time. Why do not have a cup of coffee and relax?

2.) You will never learn, wont you?

Did I ask any certification from you? Whether i will learn or not ifs not your concern. Tell me what you contributed to discussion aftter spending some time in this thread?

Big Zero.

You can continue your trolling,

Bye Bye!!!!!!!!!

I didn't ask you what you believe what not. This is thread id for discussion. I told you that if you do not belive in wiki, post data from your source. You could't do that. Now you are ranting and doing your personal propaganda what you like and what you do n't like. Does it make any difference for any forum member for your likes and dislike???

Yeah, this thread is for discussion, and I doubted the wikipedia source. And you cannot find accurate specs of BMD systems anyways because nobody would be so stupid to release them -_-.

And yeah, I know that many here care for proper sources..... and I will carry on to point out your lousy wiki sources.

Tell me what you contributed to discussion aftter spending some time in this thread?

I questioned your sources........

Yeah, this thread is for discussion, and I doubted the wikipedia source. And you cannot find accurate specs of BMD systems anyways because nobody would be so stupid to release them -_-.

And yeah, I know that many here care for proper sources..... and I will carry on to point out your lousy wiki sources.

I questioned your sources........

Keep doing.

Best of luck!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom