What's new

PDF NEEDS YOU!

Anyway, most active members are active for at least 4 to 5 hours a day. What will attract members to be on-line here is not the titles, but a environment for healthy debate. After spending for almost four years here, there is virtually no difference between a Junior Members, Senior Members, JrTT, TT, Professionals or a PDF-Veteran, except for the different colour and a different name beneath it.

Of late, Mods are pre-empting members based on certain presumption from debating on certain issues by placing restrictions. This is undemocratic and a big dampener for members who wants to be active on this forum. Mods are there to facilitate/check discussion, not to pre-empt a discussion all together. Banning or issuing infractions is democratic, pre-emption is not.

Mods are here to keep discussion as productive as possible. Member's whose general start is derailing the discussion or flamebaiting are best NOT allowed to be part of the discussion at all. The same goes for member who parrot the argument without letting the discussion move forward and there is no presumption involved there. The Onus is on the members and not the mods

Moreover, for this mod/leader.. the orange/green titles based on number of posts blabbered out hold no value nor respect. What is respect are those that make it to TT or research as their post quality and balance in issues got them there. Certainly there are exceptions to that rule but then those overrides are by the forum admin and not by mods.

@ Topic

This effort should ensure that it has people who are able to keep their emotions in check and work on academic levels. This is part of a transformation effort at PDF to get people out of the usual slander they end up at if they cannot agree by the 2nd reply.

Mods are here to keep discussion as productive as possible. Member's whose general start is derailing the discussion or flamebaiting are best NOT allowed to be part of the discussion at all. The same goes for member who parrot the argument without letting the discussion move forward and there is no presumption involved there. The Onus is on the members and not the mods

Moreover, for this mod/leader.. the orange/green titles based on number of posts blabbered out hold no value nor respect. What is respect are those that make it to TT or research as their post quality and balance in issues got them there. Certainly there are exceptions to that rule but then those overrides are by the forum admin and not by mods.

@ Topic

This effort should ensure that it has people who are able to keep their emotions in check and work on academic levels. This is part of a transformation effort at PDF to get people out of the usual slander they end up at if they cannot agree by the 2nd reply.

I am not here to argue about the rules of this forum. I am explaining what might drive away members from this forum. Anyway, it is hard to judge whether a person posted certain things just to derail from the first post itself. There is the other thing about Mods forming certain presumptions about certain members that may act against that member. I am for banning or issuing infraction to member who violate rules, because they are based on certain criteria, while pre-emption is based on presumptions.
Anyway, as I said I am not here to argue about the rules of the forum. This is my opinion and other might differ

@S.Y.A

Reply me on the PM

@Alpha1 check this: it's more than a wiki http://www.defence.pk/forums/senior...e-required-pdf-project-pakistan-military.html

This is a serious project and I want you to be a key member so I'll suggest you pause other works, bud. This is for PDF and would be our legacy. I'm counting on you!

@Jade the purpose of this project is different from what you are suggesting. It is not for debating but for compilation and reporting there are no discussions within the project but there will be ones based on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
@S.Y.A

Reply me on the PM

@Alpha1 check this: it's more than a wiki http://www.defence.pk/forums/senior...e-required-pdf-project-pakistan-military.html

This is a serious project and I want you to be a key member so I'll suggest you pause other works, bud. This is for PDF and would be our legacy. I'm counting on you!

@Jade the purpose of this project is different from what you are suggesting. It is not for debating but for compilation and reporting there are no discussions within the project but there will be ones based on it.

cant do that...not that much posts

Research, compilation, editing and some composing if you're good at graphics design and stuff.

Damn.. Im not very good at graphics design and such so I guess it would be better if I dont join :undecided:

Yes If i can put a halt on 70% of ther work than I can dedicate hours for PDF daily!
Just because of you I have high hopes for PDF again.
I have read the thread i have a few questions, i shall ask them in private!

PDF needs you!

All you need is 2-4 hours per week of free time dedicated to PDF.

There is a reward if you're selected: Star Member Statuship, a new group formed at PDF and would automatically be nominated for the upcoming induction into the Junior Think Tank batch.

So who is interested?

can I join up :coffee: ?

PDF needs you!

All you need is 2-4 hours per week of free time dedicated to PDF.

There is a reward if you're selected: Star Member Statuship, a new group formed at PDF and would automatically be nominated for the upcoming induction into the Junior Think Tank batch.

So who is interested?
I am on PDF for several hours daily

@Neptune , yes you can join as well I need people for the navy section. @S.Y.A I asked you for the same: navy section.
@Alpha 1 Good to have you on buddy.
@truthseeker2010 : check the post I will link up

Can everyone please email me at jaibi@defence.pk ? It would be great if we have gtalk as well.

Everyone please check this post to get an idea what we are about to do:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/senior...e-required-pdf-project-pakistan-military.html
@Zarvan you too.

Everyone, we are getting here as Research Assistants and Compilers. I would announce the final division when we have everyone signed on.

Damn.. Im not very good at graphics design and such so I guess it would be better if I dont join :undecided:

You can help in compilation and assistance, right?

@Neptune , yes you can join as well I need people for the navy section. @S.Y.A I asked you for the same: navy section.
@Alpha 1 Good to have you on buddy.
@truthseeker2010 : check the post I will link up

Can everyone please email me at jaibi@defence.pk ? It would be great if we have gtalk as well.

Everyone please check this post to get an idea what we are about to do:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/senior...e-required-pdf-project-pakistan-military.html
@Zarvan you too.

Everyone, we are getting here as Research Assistants and Compilers. I would announce the final division when we have everyone signed on.

Wow! You are already working like a Project Manager. Best Wishes...any idea about the Logo of the website? Who's making it?

pakistan-needs-you-199x300.jpg

PDF Needs You

Only Free time .. :fie:

Then what I'll do in busy times ... :unsure:

@M-48 be a maniac like me dedicate busy time too!

Wow! You are already working like a Project Manager. Best Wishes...any idea about the Logo of the website? Who's making it?

pakistan-needs-you-199x300.jpg

PDF Needs You
Awesome logo, Sarthak, I'm looking for a guy for graphics and composition it'd be great if you could point out the right guy for me.

Instead of posting on every defence forum on the internet
I should just concentrate on what matters ! Count me in, mate!
I hope My efforts are ((appreciated!))

Back
Top Bottom