What's new

Paris Air Show 2019 - Thunders in Europe

Read forum rules no trolls allowed
That's not how a Think Tank replies...lol.

Okay I am a noob... explain me how an immediate turn after T/O will not decrease the speed of the aircraft.

Hi,

I believe that you are mixing it---.
The other vertical climb is the plane takes off from the run way---pulls its wheels in---stays parallel to the runway in low flight for a while to build up speed and then suddenly zooms up for a vertical climb---. This climb is to show off and makes the crowd happy---.

Correct and you see a rapid decrease in the speed

Which is why JF17 almost in every Airshow has to break the climb to avoid stall

Correct and you see a rapid decrease in the speed

Which is why JF17 almost in every Airshow has to break the climb to avoid stall

Hi,

This flight profile is intentional by the Paf---. Looks like they simply do not want to disclose the actual rate of climb---.

Otherwise there is no other reason not to pull the wheels in immediately after take off---.

The wheels out for so long a BIG DRAG on the flight parameters---.

Take off and actual rate of climb is extremely important knowledge---. It can tell you From start of engine to operational ceiling---how quickly in time you can reach up in the sky---.

Last edited:
Everyone is missing the point

The JF17 has to break off from the vertical climb going into a spiral like movement

Increasing the flight path allowing acceleration, vertical climb with short path in vertical climb requires more power

Chinese Channel covering the Paris Air Show & talking about the JF-17 & PAF.

Alongside the newscaster is the VP of CATIC/AVIC. By the way, he refers to the JF-17 as their Star Product.

Check Timecode - 8:03

Everyone is missing the point

The JF17 has to break off from the vertical climb going into a spiral like movement

Increasing the flight path allowing acceleration, vertical climb with short path in vertical climb requires more power

Hi,

Speaking for myself---I am not missing it---. I brought that point up the last time the JF17 was at Paris air show a few years ago---and on day one---it came very close to the " stall speed "---.

I brought that up---tagged @gambit on the post---and he concurred that a serious mishap was somehow avoided---.

Wrote to Paf multiple times thru ISPR---asking them about the hanging wheels for so long---but no change---. Basically---Paf is very 'thick headed' & they hardly ever listen to anyone---or hardly ever give out explanations.

You are CORRECT in what you wrote---. There is no reason for the wheels to hang out for so long after take off & the aircraft coming close to stall speed---.

I don't know what the Paf wants to do---land the aircraft in the 'air' or what---.

The moment it is in Vr position---the wheels need to be up---.

logo-pakistan-2.png

Partly yes but also an aerdynamic requirement, unrelated to TTWR. RoC is well known to the world now.

Hi,

This flight profile is intentional by the Paf---. Looks like they simply do not want to disclose the actual rate of climb---.

Otherwise there is no other reason not to pull the wheels in immediately after take off---.

Take off and actual rate of climb is extremely important knowledge---. It can tell you From start of engine to operational ceiling---how quickly in time you can reach up in the sky---.

I don't believe that the members who are criticizing the paint job are doing it to feel important. I too feel we could have a much better paint job than this one. It's not that bad but it's not something I would think outstanding! Criticism comes out from the knowledge that our paint shop boys can do far better. Compare it to some of the Western and Turkish liveries and you can see a definite difference. We all just want our pride to look, as the PAF motto states... Second to None!

I agree we could have done a better job of painting and some time I wonder instead of green would have been better to have in sea sky and desert camouflage colours only?
Hi,

i agree with you the aircraft manoeuvrability and climb rate was down played as it is evident from keeping the wheels down, down playing the climb and rate of turn could have been tighter but mostly it was not pushed to max

Last edited:
Hi,

all people who keep repeating same question please re read this comment and try to understand the context

Back
Top Bottom