What's new

Paralysed Saudi pleads for help on Twitter

Frosty

Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
289626.jpg

Ibrahim, who has the Twitter handle @gladd2007 said on his social media account that “no one is visiting me, none of my brothers, my father, and no one,” urging other fellow Saudi Arabians to visit and comfort him.

However, Khaled al-Ammar, a Saudi businessman, launched on Sunday a fundraising campaign on Twitter to collect two million riyals ($533,312) to send him to Germany to get specialized treatment.

In his campaign, Ammar urged other fellow Saudi Arabian businessmen on his Twitter account to start pitching in their money.

Multiple donators
He wrote: “My fellow businessmen, I suggest an initiative to help treat Ibrahim. We need twenty businessmen to each donate one hundred thousand, to make two million. The first one hundred thousand is from me. Who is next?”

He soon added in another tweet: “the second one hundred thousand is from a well-known business in the eastern region, he asked me not to mention his name. Who is the third donator?”

The initiative has so far was hailed by Saudis.

One Twitter user wrote: “ I am not a businessman, but I am ready to donate 500 riyals to my brother Ibrahim.”

Another Twitter user added: “this campaign shows the positive side of Twitter.”

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/var...on-Twitter-receives-attention-and-money-.html

Today the hospital is full of visitors from everywhere after his tweet
94110_83019.jpg

54440_8032.jpg

57794_97980.jpg

Last edited:
Ibrahim's tweets

"No one is visiting me. Not my father, not my brothers .. no one. and people visit the guy on the bed next to me every now and then. Please visit me and you'll find Ager inshalla"

"pray for me. I've been paralyzed in King Khaled hospital for a year and a half now"

and " I ask the ones that know me and the ones that do not know me to visit me. It's been 3 months without anyone visiting me"

Beautiful news. This is very encouraging and shows goodwill. It's good to see acts like these even in this day and age we live in where the internet plays such a big role for bad and good.

24 year is too young.

This reminds me of this story. Most Saudi Arabian users should be familiar with it. I once made a threat about it but no replies back then, LOL. It was also over 1 year ago.;)

Things like that should not be a taboo. People in such situations need the encouragement and love of others, especially their loved ones, more than ever. It's a shame that Ibrahim was left alone in his most difficult moments. I can't imagine it but there are many like him across the world. We should pray for them.

Best of luck ,man.Shameful he was abandoned like that.Good initiative from the saudi businessman,among all the ngeativity they get ..this shows them in positive humane light.
Which negativity other than that of tabloids and ignorants? What a way to spin this news. Like Saudi Arabians were incapable of doing good deeds contrary to the reality. Saudi Arabians are one of the people on this planet who donate the most money to charities inside KSA and abroad. That's something to be proud of but not many know this. Of course you have good and bad people in every country and among every people and society.

Saudi Arabians on a human level are generally well-known for their world famous Arabian hospitality, directness, cheerful manner, close family values and warmth. In the region and the Muslim world. Even among non-Muslim and non-ME travelers.

Let alone Saudi Arabian businessmen who are respected in the region and in the West as reliable partners.

I suggest you consult with some of your compatriots who happen to live in KSA or have lived there on PDF. Or the Pakistani users.

Or maybe you have OBL (LOL) in your mind when you think about the average Saudi Arabian who was not even Saudi Arabian but half Yemeni and half Syrian.

Last edited:
Prince Alwaleed gives lonely, paralysed man $133,000
By Courtney Trenwith

Tuesday, 13 May 2014 10:57 AM

Prince-Alwaleed.jpg

Saudi Arabia’s Prince Alwaleed bin Talal has donated SAR500,000 ($133,000) to a paralysed man who used social media website Twitter to plead for help.

The man, known as Ibrahim, said he was lonely because his family had abandoned him several months after an accident 1½ years ago left his entire body paralysed.

“I need stem cell treatment in Germany to recover from my injury and hope for someone to visit me,” Ibrahim tweeted in Arabic on Sunday.

“I have become restless. My father and brothers have not visited me for three months.

“I look around and see other patients being visited by their relatives and friends.”

Thousands of people “favourited” and retweeted his comments, making it one of the most retweeted posts that day and catching the eye of Prince Alwaleed.

The billionaire prince, who is chairman of Kingdom Holding Company, then tweeted that he would donate SAR500,000 and personally handover the cash by visiting Ibrahim in hospital.

Other businessmen also reportedly pledged large donations.

Members of the public also responded to Ibrahim’s loneliness by visiting him at King Khaled Hospital, where he is bed-ridden.

Prince Alwaleed gives lonely, paralysed man $133,000 - Culture & Society - ArabianBusiness.com

Very good but where is his family? What a horrible attitude by them. Shameful.

I will pray for him InshAllah in my prayers. May Allah grant him health and makes him better. Luv to you Ibrahim from your brother slayer76.

Back
Top Bottom