What's new

Pakistan's Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy gets an Oscar!

its not just restricted to women of pakistan, women have been arrested for throwing acid at men too, and acid throwing happen in india, bangladesh etc etc countries too

the thing is, every damn issue is made, a feminie gender

you also have to agree, while you may see this issue as in gender light, but the reality is,pakistani women recieve more respect than the west and in urban population such as karachi etc, the literate family treats a women more than man

woman is not allowed to do tiresome jobs while the male is responsible for the livelihood,any bad behaviour against women is considered a very serious offence, and a man cannot slap a woman if she commits some mistake, in a family the daughters are first to be married and then the elders think about their sons

so, no pakistan is not a country where a woman is raped, tortured to death and has no freedom, but it appears in the media so

Interesting, I have seen many complaining from women, many tortures and raped. Problem is women doesn't speak often openly and always tend to keep many secrets themselves. It is Sharmeen who understood the society problems and some issues, yeah I have seen some bad guys routinely burned some women's bodies and cut off their bones. My cousin who personally had faculty member of her university with Sharmeen Obaid Chinoy.

I think, this film will help both men and women to learn communication openly to realize some mistakes, I bet, some of them will get guilty.

Hey Chinoy. Make a documentary on the corruption of the Pakistani government and how common people douse themselves in gasoline and set themselves on fire in front of the Prime Minister's house due to poverty. Attention seeker.

imdb doesnt even mention this lady as director, this lady was just a jurno which provided some material for this movie thats all i guess

Saving Face (2012) - IMDb

Your guess is clueless . If she was not director what she was doing in award ceremony and why she was collecting the award.

Secondly i don't know what's the big issue there and yes she was co director as well as producer and she was the one who chose this subject. I don't see any Pakistan bashing in this documentary and whatever she portrayed in this documentary is harsh reality of our society.

The Acid Survivors Foundation of Pakistan, which is featured in the film, had documented over 100 acid attacks a year in Pakistan but estimates far more due to lack of reporting

http://www.savingfacefilm.com/
Saving Face (documentary) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Your guess is clueless . If she was not director what she was doing in award ceremony and why she was collecting the award.

Secondly i don't know what's the big issue there and yes she was co director as well as producer and she was the one who chose this subject. I don't see any Pakistan bashing in this documentary and whatever she portrayed in this documentary is harsh reality of our society.

The Acid Survivors Foundation of Pakistan, which is featured in the film, had documented over 100 acid attacks a year in Pakistan but estimates far more due to lack of reporting

Saving Face – 2012 Academy Award Nominee for Documentary (Short Subject) | Just another WordPress site

mukhtara mai was raped,entire pakistan got insulted that pakistan is a rapeground for women, but we all knew why it happened, it was a family fued, and more over mai became rich, owned a dozen expensive cars, so NGO money made her rich, because she got famed and pakistan il famed by this activity

Saving Face – 2012 Academy Award Nominee for Documentary (Short Subject) | Just another WordPress site

mukhtara mai was raped,entire pakistan got insulted that pakistan is a rapeground for women, but we all knew why it happened, it was a family fued, and more over mai became rich, owned a dozen expensive cars, so NGO money made her rich, because she got famed and pakistan il famed by this activity

she could have made documentary about floods,earth quake, drone attack victims, corruption,kashmir but she made about acid victims

No, i don't feel any insult in addressing the evils in our society because this will bring awareness and will force government to do something about it..

second mukhthran mai has nothing to do with the topic of this documentary and rape is rape no matter if it committed by family members or strangers and read this news

Pakistani court upholds gang-rape acquittals - Central & South Asia - Al Jazeera English

Rapists exist in every society and Pakistan is not exception so i dont think any sane person should call pakistan rape heaven because of one case so please get rid of your insecurities

she could have made documentary about floods,earth quake, drone attack victims, corruption,kashmir but she made about acid victims

yes dude i know there are plenty of topics to address and someone should touch these subjects as well

First Oscar in Pakistani History will always be remembered for Acid Attacks. Lmao at some of the Pakistanis feeling that it is an honour.

she did, go through her portfolio before bashing randomly, jeezzz

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

First Oscar in Pakistani History will always be remembered for Acid Attacks. Lmao at some of the Pakistanis feeling that it is an honour.
lets be honest here, if she had made a film about something positive in pakistan, she wudnt hav won.

she did, go through her portfolio before bashing randomly, jeezzz

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

lets be honest here, if she had made a film about something positive in pakistan, she wudnt hav won.

Ah so you've said it best here.

Pakistanis have no dignity. I mean anything to win right?

Maybe that's why our leaders are selling the country out. :lol:

No, i don't feel any insult in addressing the evils in our society because this will bring awareness and will force government to do something about it..

second mukhthran mai has nothing to do with the topic of this documentary and rape is rape no matter if it committed by family members or strangers and read this news

Pakistani court upholds gang-rape acquittals - Central & South Asia - Al Jazeera English

Rapists exist in every society and Pakistan is not exception so i dont think any sane person should call pakistan rape heaven because of one case so please get rid of your insecurities

dude rapes happen in every society probablymore rapesin america than pakistan

dude living in west is blinded you and yoiu have become bollywood hindustani confused brit desi, now live with that

mere khalyal ha k siama yea nirgis k mujra ko oscar award milna chayea tub hum kush hotey :D

dude rapes happen in every society probablymore rapesin america than pakistan

dude living in west is blinded you and yoiu have become bollywood hindustani confused brit desi, now live with that

and thats what i said that rape happen in every society then why you think that few rape cases in Pakistan appear in news will make Pakistan rapeground for women : )

and rest is all your non sense which i dont bother to reply

Honestly I don't know why people are having issues.

A lot of people haven't even seen the documentary yet they are still making assumptions about it. This documentary shows a barbaric practice that occurs in Pakistan but it also shows that there are many people in Pakistan who are willing to help those in need. So the documentary is about hope too.

I'm proud that she brought light to this atrocious practice and I hope she will continue to show light on these things so that one day we can eradicate these evils from our society

Back
Top Bottom