What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
POF Mp5's are so temperamental.
They have a penchant for jamming if ammo is slightly off.
Needs just the right powder level in the 9's it runs through.

In the end of the day I would go into battle with an AK over anything else.
With a nice muzzle brake, with a rubber stopper, an upgrade grip and top plate with pica-tinny one can get a decent version up and running on the old AK47 (soviet or eastern European). Not the Chinese version which I find too heavy. Or one could just go for the AK74 which incorporates a number of these adjustments, with perhaps a lighter load carry on the ammo front.

The M4 types are too complex for me taste with too many small pins and crap that can go wrong.
Though a well managed, and maintained M4 is a beauty as well.

Last edited:
That might be true
however the MP5 you have experience with is either too old or have not been properly taken care of(Those Inservice of the LEAs)
i have a POF 4 MP5K (Extreme poor finish BTW; the polymer handguards feel they were made out of cheap plastic)
Fired a mixture of Tula Chinese and POF rounds through it(Combination of both steel and brass cased ammo)
it works like a charm
you can not expect a gun thats been in service for more than 15-20 years with thousands of rounds through it to cycle correctly
unless of course its an AK
AKs are built like a tank
That particularly goes to the way the idea was conceived
Simple reliable design with not too many moving parts at the expense of accuracy
But then again choice of a firearm goes with the theater of employment
AKs suck at close quarters Id pick an MP5 over AK/AR at close ranges any time of the day
20221130_183030.jpg

POF Mp5's are so temperamental.
They have a penchant for jamming if ammo is slightly off.
Needs just the right powder level in the 9's it runs through.

In the end of the day I would go into battle with an AK over anything else

Last edited:
That might be true
however the MP5 you have experience with is either too old or have not been properly taken care of(Those Inservice of the LEAs)
i have a POF 4 MP5K (Extreme poor finish BTW; the polymer handguards feel they were made out of cheap plastic)
Fired a mixture of Tula Chinese and POF rounds through it(Combination of both steel and brass cased ammo)
it works like a charm
you can not expect a gun thats been in service for more than 15-20 years with thousands of rounds through it to cycle correctly
unless of course its an AK
AKs are built like a tank
That particularly goes to the way the idea was conceived
Simple reliable design with not too many moving parts at the expense of accuracy
But then again choice of a firearm goes with the theater of employment
AKs suck at close quarters Id pick an MP5 over AK/AR at close ranges any time of the day
View attachment 912488
Your selector is semi only? Full A will occasionally get stuck if ammo is not the right grain (powder level). It is a fun toy don't get me wrong, but not something to hang my hat on. In close range I would prefer a short barrel M4 or even an AKs74U. Usually the issue with MP5Ks is around mags and ammo. Especially the POF manufactured ones. Also given the adversary is in CQB is often behind objects, or has BA, 9MM especially suppressed sub-sonic rounds will leave you open.
And you are correct the older less taken care of ones will be worse off. But in all honesty an older less taken care of AK is just about as flawless as a new one. I just feel AKs are more hardy and tough. Just my opinion and experience.
Coming back to ammo - i have cycled sh*t ammo through an AK and generally never had a failure. Duds sure, but not a failure in ejection. Mp5Ks ejection issues many times.
Nice red-dot. However given often the usage dynamic of this weapon try using something like a Trijicon RMR. Requires less optics focus and you'll have more spatial view, which in CQB is essential. Please also note weapons in fullA and semi have very different operating characteristics, and hence very difference performance characteristics.

I think it is a wise decision after going in a circle that AR is the best rifle platform, Fullstop. thus adopting an AR based platform is a wise decision.

AKM's are falling out of many militaries and being replenished by AR's. its only 7.62x39 that may keep AKM around but 556 is just the king of the battlefield now. 5.45x39 never stood a chance and falls on the wrong side of history.

All major producers are moving away from AR15 platform Sig, H&K, FN, Beretta, CZ….
AR-15 platform isn't going anywhere

SOCOM rifles are still AR-15s

Pakistan should get surplus Block 2 uppers for Special Forces

Back
Top Bottom