What's new

Pakistan’s PL-15 Missile Equipped JF-17 Block 3 is a Serious Game Changer - How India Can Respond to

@StormBreaker

The Chinese KJ-500 can guide up to 48 AAM's via datalink.
But not at 700 km range and no AWACS in the world has a radar range 700 km most AWACS have a radar range of 400 - 500 km for detecting/tracking a small targets this range further reduce so how can AWACS guide such a long range (out of line of sight) BVR (PL-XX) with range of 700 km as claim by @LKJ86 and @StormBreaker Claims unless it is guided by over the horizon radars

No, actually not!

Chinese will never get direct involve between India and Pakistan war.

If China will get involve then other players will also get involve as well. However, it totally depends on that time and scenarios but more then 90 % chance is that they will never mess up between India and Pakistan war.
No you don't understand his point he is saying that you have to take care of china as well , that's why you can't attack with full force against Pakistan

But not at 700 km range and no AWACS in the world has a radar range 700 km most AWACS have a radar range of 400 - 500 km for detecting/tracking a small targets this range further reduce so how can AWACS guide such a long range (out of line of sight) BVR (PL-XX) with range of 700 km as claim by @LKJ86 and @StormBreaker Claims unless it is guided by over the horizon radars
I didn’t claim, Me and @LKJ86 are purely hypothetical here but I do believe that our thinking has gravity.

You are just thinking one side of affairs.

You need to look at Indian response with current fleet only.. India will surely gonna to purchase higher range missiles from Russia. Approx 150-200 km

Mig 29 upg, mig 29k and su 30 mki will be equipped.

Meteor missile is a just different class so I m not counting.

Recently, India purchased missiles with range between 100-120 km from Russia.

No you don't understand his point he is saying that you have to take care of china as well , that's why you can't attack with full force against Pakistan

I absolutely agree. Refer to my previous comment:

"I dont know where the 700km figure has come from. It seems highly unlikely and improbable to have a missile with a range of 700km. Atleast, with todays technology. I think we will just see something along the lines of the K-37ME, carried by larger aircraft such as the JH-7 which can then make use of stealthier platforms closer in for targeting parameters via datalink. 700km on an a2a missile would be absurd. The K-37 is almost 14 feet long, imagine what a missile with almost double the range would be."

But saying PL-XX has range of 700 km by @LKJ86 is bit too much far fetched,i think most reasonable range in my opinion for PL-XX will be 400 -500 km
That I certainly agree.

700 for such a size is impossible. Just compare it with BMs and how (except for the cone), fuel compartment is bigger for the 700-800km range.

The range of 700 km was claimed by its manufacturer.
My God :o:

Any video or interview ? If true, deadly seems a lesser word to describe it...

You have logical points...but still there is could be with question marks.

Is better then su 30mki? Very doubtful... Even you don't know true capability of block 3.

After 5 years, situation will surely gonna to change. Since, you are just taking about
PAF then me give possible response from IAF..

1. Su 30 mki and mig 29 UPG with R77 M ( range 197 km).
2. Upgraded Mirage 2000 with meteor missiles (more likely)
3. Rafale with meteor missiles
4. Half Tejas mk1a - 80 planes with Astra --2 ( range 150-200) missiles from 2025
So, I don't find any advantage of PAF over IAF.

The world also laugh when you claim to shoot down a Su 30 mki.

Well, what we DO know about the Block 3 is that it carries a KLJ-7A, a radar that is superior to even the IRBIS-E of the SU-35, we also know the JF-17 Block III will carry a new package of weapons, more than likely including the PL-15, mated with some form of 5th gen HOBS WVRAAM, as of right now, you use the RVV-AE which has a maximum engagement zone of 80km(unlikely to get a kill at such a distance anyway) however, the K-77M you talk of is under development for the SU-57, there is nothing to say that it can be used on legacy platforms, using the example of the MIG-29UPG, it has abysmal radar performance and is outgunned by the JF-17, the Zhuk-ME has a range of 120km for a target with a 5m^2 RCS compared to the KLJ-7 V1's range of 150km in Look-up mode. The best variant of the R-77 would be the K-77ME which is decades away from active service, and, well, we know that Russian export variants of platforms are significantly gimped relative to their domestic variants.

In terms of your Astra, we are looking at a range of 110km, which, once again, is outgunned by the JF-17 block 3. However, that is not even a concern because expecting HAL to pump out 80 production models of the Tejas within 5 years is laughable. The figure you are citing for the Tejas is the Peak production rate of 16 aircraft a year, based off of HAL's performance to date, it is Highly unlikely that HAL will be able to sustain, or even meet said production rate.

Your claim of a M2K variant with meteors is also a joke. MBDA themselves have said this would be unviable.

Sure, the induction of the Rafale would be a significant improvement in terms of capability, however, 36 fighters up against a fleet of potentially 100-150 AESA equipped JF-17's armed with PL-15's significantly tilts the balance in our favour.

Got a source?

People also used to think that ASBMs like DF-21D and DF-26 were impossible...

Please provide a source for your manufacturer claim as i have not seen anything regarding an AAM with a range of 700km.

No, actually not!

Chinese will never get direct involve between India and Pakistan war.

If China will get involve then other players will also get involve as well. However, it totally depends on that time and scenarios but more then 90 % chance is that they will never mess up between India and Pakistan war.

Very naive of you to think India wouldnt dedicate assets to the sino border. They have done so in the past and will continue to do so.

People also used to think that ASBMs like DF-21D and DF-26 were impossible...
Are DF-21D MIRV or MRV or just a single warhead ? Since ASBMs require extreme precision given their huge sizes as compared to much precise CMs and AShMs

link and source in English please and. Russian K-37 (R-37) HAS LENGTH OF 14 FEET AND HAS A RANGE OF NEARLY 400 KM HOW CAN IT BE POSSIBLE WITH A INCREASE OF ONLY 6 FEET (PL-XX) HAS ALMOST DOUBLE ITS RANGE AS COMPARE TO K-37 (R-37) ITS IMPOSSIBLE WITH CURRENT TECHNOLOGY AND LAST HOW CHINA GUIDE THIS OUT OF LINE OF SIGTH BVR AWACS WILL DON'T ABLE TO GUIDE THIS BVR ONLY OPTION TO REMAIN TO GUIDE THIS BVR IS OVER THE HORIZON RADARS

The world also laugh when you claim to shoot down a Su 30 mki.

Here's that epic admission by that Indian chihuahua news anchor Rahul Kanwal:

Proof 1 Su30 Mki Shot Down:

Proof 2 Su30 Mki Shot Down:

Proof 3 Su30 Mki Shot Down:

Proof 4 Su 30 Mki Shot Down:
Air force monthly:

https://airforcesmonthly.keypublishing.com/2019/02/28/first-air-to-air-kill-for-jf-17/

Proof 5 Su 30 mki Shot down + two jets shot down:

Proof 6 Su 30 Mki shot down + one another jet:

Proof 7 Alan Warnes British Aviator confirmation:

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/paf-...ion-to-mig-21-bison-alan-warnes.614187/page-2

Proof 8:

:dance3::dance3:

link and source in English please and. Russian K-37 (R-37) HAS LENGTH OF 14 FEET AND HAS A RANGE OF NEARLY 400 KM HOW CAN IT BE POSSIBLE WITH A INCREASE OF ONLY 6 FEET (PL-XX) HAS ALMOST DOUBLE ITS RANGE AS COMPARE TO K-37 (R-37) ITS IMPOSSIBLE WITH CURRENT TECHNOLOGY AND LAST HOW CHINA GUIDE THIS OUT OF LINE OF SIGTH BVR AWACS WILL DON'T ABLE TO GUIDE THIS BVR ONLY OPTION TO REMAIN TO GUIDE THIS BVR IS OVER THE HORIZON RADARS
High altitude compensates for the Line of sight error.

Its highly unlikely, id go as far as to say impossible even, i cant think of a platform able to carry such a large missile besides something like a bomber lol. Its more than likely a myth

Back
Top Bottom