What's new

Pakistan’s PL-15 Missile Equipped JF-17 Block 3 is a Serious Game Changer - How India Can Respond to

They were proposing an air breathing AAM (T-Darter) long time ago:

Yes I remember T-darter missile offer but I think that offer was not materialize at that time

The MOU about which I am talking was signed in 2017

Acquisition of defence equipment as well as cooperation in Research and Development (R&D), transfer of technology, co-production or joint ventures in public as well as private sectors, also fall within the domain of the MoU
Link

So this could be a new project under this MOU

Pakistan has HUD videos of Su30MkI being shot down, its not released on Russias request. Both Indian Su30MKI pilots died in that aerial combat.

HUD only provides BVR engagement envelop (circle / square) and lock on credentials. Video is not recorded, nor splash can be recorded in a BVR engagement.
Another extended range meteor style AAM is in in-house development.

Was this for Pakistan or the UK? Looking at your flags, a little confused....
Besides the whole story of how SU30 MKI got shot down.

the second part of what happened to the infamous SU30MKI. after the launch, the Su30MKI turned away and the AIM120C5 was trailing and bleeding at its 6. for some God damn unknown reason the pilot turned into the missile and the missile is speculated to have exploded infront of the right side (when looking at the plane from the front) underneath the front of the engine. the plane went in a dive on its left (right from our reference and fell in indian direction away from the border.

Folks, this is not a fiction but an account from the fighter pilots and witness of video. 2 sources confirmed the same story. Not sure whatelse to tell you guys

No offense but this seems as if it's taken from a book or a movie :what:, Who are your sources who were watching confidential and surprise ops between two air forces live like a tv show?

Last edited:
HUD only provides BVR engagement envelop (circle / square) and lock on credentials. Video is not recorded, nor splash can be recorded in a BVR engagement.

Was this for Pakistan or the UK? Looking at your flags, a little confused....

No offense but this seems as if it's taken from a book or a movie :what:, Who are your sources who were watching confidential and surprise ops between two air forces live like a tv show?

Sorry there is no more i can share. This is good enough for folks here.
it was a debrief, recorded and analysis explained to them

Sorry there is no more i can share. This is good enough for folks here.
it was a debrief, recorded and analysis explained to them

The debrief you're referring to is one based on radar track data and the in-flight HUD footage of the lock fire parameters and launch of the AMRAAM. There's no video of a missile hitting a Flanker. The PAF have concluded that there is a high likelihood, and nothing beyond that, that the AMRAAM at least damaged the Su-30MKI and it either crashed in the terrain, or limped back to base (most plausible given the lack of crash site on satellite imagery). The PAF can't be more confident than that. But you're right, a more sensationalised account, like the one you described, is good enough for the folks on here.

The debrief you're referring to is one based on radar track data and the in-flight HUD footage of the lock fire parameters and launch of the AMRAAM. There's no video of a missile hitting a Flanker. The PAF have concluded that there is a high likelihood, and nothing beyond that, that the AMRAAM at least damaged the Su-30MKI and it either crashed in the terrain, or limped back to base (most plausible given the lack of crash site on satellite imagery). The PAF can't be more confident than that. But you're right, a more sensationalised account, like the one you described, is good enough for the folks on here.
They say the US can track any missile launch from its space based constellation of IR imaging satellites. It can even pinpoint fires and crash sites. But PAF have the ability to replay DCS style video of an AAM hitting a target more than 40 nm away (https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/grou...g-about-27-february-2019.681631/post-12649891).

I would be more inclined to believe HUMIT was the source of 'hit below the right engine' than some video. @SQ8 or @Blacklight or @Raider 21 please put this ridiculous theory to rest.

It is an already known development.

In house ... ???

Just to be sure what I read in your post I am asking again if you don't mind ... Pakistan is working to develop a ramjet A2A BVR missile ....

Am I understanding your post correctly ???

Denel Dynamics predecessor had this project in the 1990s way back but nothing came of it

L-RAAM1abcd.jpg

Anyway Denel Dynamics is dead, it likely isnt cooperation with them directly.

It's from a PAF video about Kamra Aviation City.
Interesting, I guess we'll have to wait and see what that truly is.

Do you have a theory?

The members here talking about an indigenous ramjet BVR missile lend some support to the theory that was indeed a BVR missile and not a AShM

Edit: looks a bit like the YJ-12 to me but isn't it imo

Last edited:
Interesting, I guess we'll have to wait and see what that truly is.

Do you have a theory?

The members here talking about an indigenous ramjet BVR missile lend some support to the theory that was indeed a BVR missile and not a AShM

Edit: looks a bit like the YJ-12 to me but isn't it imo

The very reason that it looks like YJ12 and that it was declared in 2017 MODP year book that an indigenous ASCM is under development we thought that its that.

But now a credible member is saying that a ram-jet AAM is underdevelopment and the fact that the video is from Air Force and related to their RnD setup could mean that it’s an AAM.

Back
Top Bottom