What's new

Pakistans Nuclear ambition After MIRV And SLCM

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
MIRV was expected but SLCM came as a surprise because many people weren't predicting Pakistan could do it with its existing submarines ,Still our engineers managed to pull it off.

I created this thread for the purpose ,Many people claim that Pakistan has achieved full spectrum deterrence and rightly so but what are likely developments in Pakistans future programs?

Future Developments
In my assessment Pakistan should now immediately focus on SUPARCO.

-Develop a Satellite launch vehicle,Then focus on military satellites like STSS(Search track surveillance systems) It will also help Pakistan in its potential BMDS (Ballistic missile defence systems)
-Develop a SLBM and procure/build a Nuclear Submarine.
-Develop hypersonic glide vehicle
o-DARPA-BOOSTGLIDE-570.jpg

-Develop existing Nuclear warheads or enhance their EMP (Effect) during fallout/Nuclear burst after impact to disrupt enemy communication systems.

Anything which I'm missing please discuss

Last edited by a moderator:
-Develop a SLBM and procure a Nuclear Submarine,Can our Existing and potential future submarines launch a SLBM?
Current Submarines and forthcoming won't be suitable for SLBM's.
A Nuclear submarine will be needed because they generate the power needed for a sub to carry a sufficient amount of SLBM's.

As for the Nuclear Submarine, it will have to be built. No country sells them.

Last edited:
These MIRV and SLCM capabilities may have been achieved before they were publicly demonstrated but Pak is still in the beginning stages. Next up probably isn't going to be some fancy new project instead Pakistan will most likely work on improving these further in the short to intermediate term.

Probably:
Shaheen 4 - Single 1MT warhead, decoys, more advanced radar evasion, 2 stage solid fuel, range 3000km+
Ababeel 2 - MIRV capable variant of Shaheen 4, 4-10 100kt warheads
SLBM - Sea based variant of Shaheen 3 and Ababeel 1
GLCM/SLCM - More advanced Babur missiles, more advanced guidance + radar evasion, larger range + payload

Possibly:
Hypersonic glide vehicles
ICBM
Interceptors + ADS's

Never:
SLV's - SUPARCO is dead, don't bother with space.

Before you go for anything, have you checked with the Indian folks??? They're supposed to check on you every half an hour!!! And, it's like this ever since General Aybek led his forces across the plains of Hindistan.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Never:
SLV's - SUPARCO is dead
Got that right.
With MIRV SLV should come easy tho
rtx1ibc0.jpg.CROP.promovar-mediumlarge.jpg

Suparco folks launch a satlite in one decade and think its not bad,great job .Will do for next 3 decades :P
wdxo6e.jpg

Before you go for anything, have you checked with the Indian folks??? They're supposed to check on you every half an hour!!! And, it's like this ever since General Aybek led his forces across the plains of Hindistan.....
Lol why bother with them? Whatever we end up going for next we already know their "experts" are going to say either "it is fake" or "it is of Chinese origin painted in Pak".

MIRV was expected but SLCM came as a surprise because many people weren't predicting Pakistan could do it with its existing submarines ,Still our engineers managed to pull it off.

I created this thread for the purpose ,Many people claim that Pakistan has achieved full spectrum deterrence and rightly so but what are likely developments in Pakistans future programs?

Future Developments
-Develop a Satellite launch vehicle.
-Develop a SLBM and procure a Nuclear Submarine,Can our Existing and potential future submarines launch a SLBM?

Pakistan Doesn't Need Hyper Sonic Glide Vehicle For Now The Main Reason is To attack Enemies Far Away you with Hyper Sonic Delivery system so Enemy Doesnt have Respond Time . Now Pakistans Openly acknowledged Enemy is India and most of The Pakistani Weapon Systems are based around that .

SLBM Yes But For That Pakistan Need a submarine Which Is Capable to do that Job.
And Getting a nuclear sub with SLBM capability isnt the only thing which comes , Since you have a sub and thats where ends Because Your only Submarine will be the prime Target of Enemy , and they will try to destroy it as quickly as possible in the War and With Modern Tech, Indian navy's numeric and tech advantage , and Distance Between Pakistan and India it is Possible
to Solve That Pakistan needs atleast 3 Subs with this capability stationed at different Bases , Which Will Give Pakistan option to Keep 1 Sub Always on Duty while 1 in Stand by and 1 as Reserve that will be the Truly 2nd or 3rd Strike Capability
Satellite Lunch Vehicle That Department is Civilian , and Currently Suparco is in Sleep Mode

Future Developments
-Develop a Satellite launch vehicle.

Fully agree, but missing an ABM..which will be a priority..

Current Submarines and forthcoming won't be suitable for SLBM's.
A Nuclear submarine will be needed because they generate the power needed for a sub to carry a sufficient amount of SLBM's.

As for the Nuclear Submarine, it will have to be built. No country sells them.
Apparently, one can lease them while building its own!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom