What's new

Pakistan's Missile System

Knight Rider

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Battlefield Range Ballistic Missiles (BRBM)

HATF- I

698861-GhazniHatafVIISPR-1398178985-154-640x480.jpg

The Hatf I is a tactical and subsonic unguided battlefield range ballistic missile jointly designed and developed by the Space Research Commission and the Kahuta Research Laboratories (KRL) in 1980s. After its successful tests, theHatf-I entered in the service with Pakistan Army in 1990. It is deployed as an artillery rocket and has been replaced by the improved Hatf-IA and Hatf-IB, which have a maximum range of 100 km.

The code name Hatf in Arabic variant means "Deadly" or "Vengeance". The name comes from the sword of Muhammed, al Hataf.

Specification

Weight
1,500 kg (3,300 lb)
Length 6 m (19 ft 8 in)
Diameter 0.56 m (22 in)
Warhead 500 kg (1,100 lb) Single/Sub-munitions, Conventional/Nuclear
Engine single stage
Propellant Solid Fuel
Operational range
Hatf-I: 70 km (43 mi)
Hatf-IA/IB: 100 km (62 mi)
Guidance system
Hatf-I/IA: unguided
Hatf-IB: Inertial guidance system
Launch platform
Transporter Erector Launcher (TEL)

Nasr (Hatf IX)

file.jpeg

The Hatf IX is a solid fueled tactical ballistic missile system developed by National Development Complex (NDC) of Pakistan.

The ISPR described the system as "Multi-tube Ballistic Missile" because the launch vehicle carries multiple missiles. Its existence was revealed after a test in 2011 and it appears to have entered service after further testing in 2013.

Specification

Warhead
plutonium nuclear warhead
Blast yield 0.5-5 kilotons
Engine Single-stage rocket motor
Propellant Solid Fuel
Operational range 60 km (37.3 mi)

Short range ballistic missiles (SRBM)

Ghaznavi

219597_73067874.jpg

The Ghaznavi, is a hypersonic and surface to surface short range ballistic missile designed and developed by the National Development Complex, in service with the Pakistan Army's strategic command since 2004. With an optimal range of 290 km, it is named after the 11th century Muslim Turkic conqueror Mahmud of Ghazni. The missile has a length of 9.64 m, diameter of 0.99 m, launch weight of 5256 kg and is powered by a single stage solid fuel rocket motor. It is believed influenced from a Chinese design, the M-11 (NATO reporting name: CSS-7).

Weight 5,256 kg
Length 9.64 m
Diameter 0.88 m
Warhead ~700 kg of conventional HE/NE
Engine Single-stage solid fuel rocket motor
Propellant Solid fuel
Operational range 290–320 km

Abdali-I

file.jpeg

The Abdali-I is a supersonic and tactical surface-to-surface short-range ballistic missile (SRBM) designed and developed by the Space and Upper Atmosphere Research Commission (SUPARCO), and currently in operational service with the Pakistan Armed Forces.

The Abdali program was conceived and originally designed by the Space Research Commission in 1990s. The program's first derivative was originally designed as the two-stage version of the Hatf-I, essentially a solid-propellant stage was attached to the bottom of a Hatf-I. However, the program was canceled in 1994, likely due to the purchase of the M-11 missiles from the People’s Republic of China.In 1995, SUPARCO successfully persuaded and designed a new module for the Abdali program which was started the same year.

Specification

Weight
1,750 kg
Length 9.75 m
Diameter 0.56 m
Warhead Single Conventional HE
NE 500 Kg
Engine Single stage solid propellant
Operational range 180 km
Guidance system Inertial, Terminal

Ghauri (HATF-5)

Pakistan-Test-Fires-Hatf-5-Ghauri-Ballistics-Missile.jpg

The Ghauri–I is aland-based surface-to-surface medium-range ballistic missile, in current service with the Army's Strategic Forces Command— a subordinate command of Strategic Plans Division.

Designed and developed by Missile factory, Pyongyang the missile system uses a single stage liquid fuel rocket motor to carry a payload of 700 kg to a range of 1,500 km. Two variants of the Ghauri were produced under the secretive missile research programme started in 1987 and the development of a third variant was cancelled. The Ghauri-II uses increased motor assembly length and improved propellants for an increased range of 2,300 km (1,400 mi).

The missile is named after Shahabuddin Muhammad Ghauri, while the "Hatf" designation originates from the name of the sword or lance of Muhammad.

Specification

Weight 15,850 kg (34,940 lb)
Length 15.90 m (52.2 ft)
Diameter 1.35 m
Engine Single stage liquid fuel rocket engines
Propellant Liquid fuel
Flight altitude 350 km reached in first test flight
Guidance system Inertial guidance system (IGS)

Shaheen - I

file.jpeg

The Shaheen-I is a land-based supersonic and short-to-intermediate range surface-to-surface guided ballistic missile jointly designed and developed by the joint venture of NESCOM and the National Defence Complex (NDC).

It is dedicated and named after a species of Falcon found in the mountains of Pakistan. The Shaheen I is also designated Hatf IV. Both the Shaheen I and Shaheen IA are Pakistan's equivalent to the United States Pershing 1 and Pershing 1a missiles.

Specification

Weight
Shaheen I (9,500 kg), Shaheen IA (10,000 kg)
Length 12 m
Diameter 1.0 m
Warhead 1000 kg single warhead
Engine Solid-fuel rocket
Propellant Solid-fuel
Operational range
Shaheen I (750 km)
Shaheen IA (900 km)

Medium Range Ballistic Missile (MRBM)

Ghauri-II

GhauriII.jpg

The Ghauri-II is a surface-to-surface medium range guided ballistic missile designed and developed by the Khan Research Laboratories. It is a single-stage liquid fuel missile system and a longer ranged variant of the Ghauri-I. The development of Ghauri-II took place in a direct response to India's Agni II. It was developed by increasing the length of the motor assembly and using improved propellants.

The Ghauri–II enjoyed distinction of being Pakistan's longest range missile until its limit was exceeded by the successful launch of the Shaheen-II which was tested in 2004.

Specification

Weight 17,800 kg
Length 18.00 m
Diameter 1.35 m
Warhead 1200 kg conventional or nuclear
Engine Single-stage liquid propellant rocket motor
Propellant Liquid fuel
Operational range 1500-1800 km
Guidance system Inertial guidance system (INS), GPS satellite guidance
Launch platform Transporter erector launcher (TEL)

Shaheen-II

file.jpeg

The Shaheen-II is a land-based supersonic surface-to-surface medium-range guided ballistic missile. The Shaheen-II is designed and developed by the NESCOM and the National Defense Complex (NDC) of Pakistan. The Shaheen missile series is named after a falcon that lives in the mountains of Pakistan. The missile is considered to be Pakistan's equivalent to the US Pershing II.

Specifications

Weight
25,000 kg (Re-entry vehicle 1,050 kg)
Length 17.5 m
Diameter 1.4 m
Warhead Conventional high-explosive or nuclear
Engine Two-stage Solid-fuel rocket motor
Operational range 2,000 km
Flight altitude 100-300 km
Guidance system Inertial navigation system , GPS satellite guidance

Shaheen-III (Only For ISRAEL!!!)

file.jpeg

shaheen.png

GIWmSyr.jpg

The Shaheen-III is a land-based surface-to-surface medium range ballistic missile, which was test fired for the first time by military service on 9 March 2015.

Development began in secrecy in early 2000 in response to India's Agni-III, Shaheen was successfully tested on 9 March 2015 with 2750 km (1700 mi) range– a range of up to 1700 mi, which could enable it all corners of India and reach deep into the Middle East, including Tel Aviv. Shaheen-III is able to reach far Northeast India and Tri-service command of India located in Andaman and Nicobar Islands.

The Shaheen program is composed of the solid-fuel system in a contrast to Ghauri program that is primarily based on liquid-fuel system. With the successful launch of the Shaheen', it surpasses the range of Shaheen-II hence it is the longest-range missile to be launched by the military.

Specification
Warhead
HE\NE
Engine Multi-stage Solid Fuel Rocket
Propellant Solid Fuel System
Operational range 2750 km (1,708 miles)

Guidance system Inertial guidance

Transport spaceport or TEL

Cruise Missiles

Ra'ad (Hatf-VIII)

file.jpeg

Can be launched by JF-17 Thunder,F-16 and Mirage.
file.jpeg

Babur (Hatf-VII)

438336-HatfVIIphotoafp-1347913887-848-640x480.JPG

file.jpeg

Babur also designated Hatf VII, is the first land attack cruise missile to be inducted by Pakistan.

Launched from ground-based transporter erector launchers, warships and submarines, the Babur can be armed with a conventional or nuclear warhead and has a reported range of 700 km (430 mi). The missile is designed to avoid radar detection and penetrate enemy air defenses. Serial production of the Babur started in October 2005.

Specification

Weight <1,500 kg (payload >300 kg)
Length 6.25 m (7 m with booster)
Diameter 0.52 m
Warhead Conventional or nuclear
Engine Turbofan (Solid-fuel rocket booster during launch)
Wingspan 2.67 m
Propellant Solid fuel (booster rocket), Liquid fuel (jet engine)
Operational range 700 km
Speed 880 km/h or 550 mph (Mach 0.8)
Guidance system INS, TERCOM/ DSMAC, GPS, GLONASS
Launch platform Transporter Erector Launcher (TEL)

Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile (ICBM)

Taimur (ICBM)

If we Launch Taimur (if its ever created) near Iran border it can target Europe.
file.jpeg

The Taimur is an intercontinental ballistic missile being speculated to be developed by Pakistan. Though there is no official confirmation on its developments, it was speculated that efforts were being made on increasing its ballistic range from 5,000 kilometers (3,100 mi) to 6,000 kilometers (3,700 mi), although Pakistan currently does not have any IRBM or ICBM missile. Pakistan longest range missile is Shaheen-III (2750 km), a MRBM. Taimur is named after the 11th century Muslim Turkic conqueror Timur.

Why cruise missile with same dimension of Babur goes around 1500 km and Babur only goes 700 km any idea why ?
Or Pakistan don't won't to reveal real range of Babur .

We need to make Intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM). Plus, need to make cruise missiles with the much longer range.

We need to make Intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM). Plus, need to make cruise missiles with the much longer range.

why?

what we need is the MIRV. Inorder to counter indias ABMs and Sam umbrella.

ICBM who do you want to target Australia? our missile program should be limited to India. So that we enjoy political support internationally.

ICBM would be considered a threat to Europe and even the American continent.

why?

what we need is the MIRV. Inorder to counter indias ABMs and Sam umbrella.

ICBM who do you want to target Australia? our missile program should be limited to India. So that we enjoy political support internationally.

ICBM would be considered a threat to Europe and even the American continent.

So you mean to say that we have threat only from India?

Currently, the direct threat is from India... So no need to reveal any longer range system.

And it doesn't mean that we should not work on much longer range system. And I hope Pakistan is working on it.

We have limited resources so we have to prioritize our current needs and to carefully select projects according future potential threats.

Their are pros and cons of every thing we can keep on working with longer range systems but we must not reveal them in front of the world as those who does not took us as a threat may become nervous and paranoid so we need to make friends not enemies neither we want skepticism and reluctance may surround the policies of friendly countries with our extended striking reach.

In addition if you said anything about U.S.A or Russia then I would say, my friend SORRY! we are out of their League!
France, UK, Europe Germany and all other European countries they all have very friendly relations with us and whenever something goes wrong we can resolve it with dialogue but for that we need intelligent people not weapons and we need to develop ourselves economically so we may become attractive for them.

Why cruise missile with same dimension of Babur goes around 1500 km and Babur only goes 700 km any idea why ?
Or Pakistan don't won't to reveal real range of Babur .

Sub bata dain :azn:

It would take time but surely india will opt for iskandar or develop a similar system with Russian help. A missile with at least 400km range is a necessity. Not only Russia but China and Iran has similar items.
Cruise missile range should be increased as well as sub launch should be tested.

Tipu is Pakistan second ICBM but it just on the drawing board too just like Taimur.

Taimur estimated range 6000+ km.

Tipu estimated range 8500+ Km.

Back
Top Bottom