What's new

Pakistan's Mirage 2000 Saga

Well I thought they dont supply Mirage 2000 anymore as India wanted to buy it, but then had to opt for MRCA tender. If PAF gets it then It will be one big Boost!

They stopped producing Mirage2000 but the production line is still intact. French are discouraging its production to increase the demands of Rafale. They were not denied to India. AFAIR IAF was going to purchase 126 Mirage2000 and French were waiting for the deal to be signed and hit the production line for India. But IAF pulled out when competitions were offered. Since competitions turned out to be aircraft like F-18 and EF-2000 French preferred to through Rafale instead of Mirage2000.

I really don't know why PAF would want to purchase Mirage2000 at this point (may be for a stopgap) but I have contact my friends in PAF and they haven't heard anything.

They stopped producing Mirage2000 but the production line is still intact. French are discouraging its production to increase the demands of Rafale. They were not denied to India. AFAIR IAF was going to purchase 126 Mirage2000 and French were waiting for the deal to be signed and hit the production line for India. But IAF pulled out when competitions were offered. Since competitions turned out to be aircraft like F-18 and EF-2000 French preferred to through Rafale instead of Mirage2000.

I really don't know why PAF would want to purchase Mirage2000 at this point (may be for a stopgap) but I have contact my friends in PAF and they haven't heard anything.
I heard the French didnt want India to buy the Mirage and Instead offered the Rafale, thats when India went for the MRCA. I feel If the Mirage was offered, India would have only gone for it. Its a wonderful machine.

I don't have a clue either as to why the PAF would want to buy Mirage-2000's right now with all the other options on the table + already in the making.
Even though our Airforce personnel are very common with the Mirage, if France would decrease the price of it's expensive Rafale fighter jets, perhaps PAF would opt for them.

well its confirmed - - -i saw the clip. they didn't repeat it in the extended bulletin between 9 and 10pm though.
perhaps in tomorrow's paper.
As for the website, my experience with the jang/geo website is that it skips news very often.

Guys Adnan is telling u the truth.i hv also seen this news on GEO tv:agree:....but i m not sure why this news wasn't repeated in the 9pm bulletin

Wow i wonder which mirages they are talking about hmm??

I heard the French didnt want India to buy the Mirage and Instead offered the Rafale, thats when India went for the MRCA. I feel If the Mirage was offered, India would have only gone for it. Its a wonderful machine.

Same story different versions. As soon as they realized that India can pay more money and can be interested in latest technology (when they heard of Boeing preparing to offer F-18E/F and Europe EF-2000) they took away the Mirage deal and put Rafale on table. It was not just about the money they couldn't afford to loose to superior technology of US and Europe so they offered something in the same line as they were. Rest assured Mirage was offered and India was very much willing. In fact I think initially it was 100 Mirage fighters and India increased it to 125+1 Mirage fighters - meaning the fighter numbers increased while Mirages were on table not the MRCA tender.

There is a conspiracy theory that French also attempted to spoil the Qatar-India Mirage2000 deal. Remember India won the bid against Pakistan but later India too went silent over the deal.

It is a wonderful machine but options for India grew. Rafale offers similar capabilities and more. India can go for that.

Then perhaps maybe now they are talks for the Mirage 2000??

Whats happening with Qatars Mirages?? Why cant Pakistan try to get it now? Its feasible I feel. Rafale is my Choice for the MRCA but I would love to have the F18 with full ToT etc.

And Is Pakistan talking about getting more Mirage Vs or Mirage 2ks?? I am confused now!

I don't think French have Mirage III, IV and V any more.
What about some more upgrades for the existing PAF fleet?? I think they have been upgraded but what if some more upgrades? I say PAF should go for the Qatari Mirages and **** the theory that If India has it we shouldnt have it! Mirage 2k is an awesome plane.

Back
Top Bottom