What's new

Pakistan's likely response to an Indian Surgical strike !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Introduction:

Since the Mumbai drama in India i have been hearing about a new type of war against Pakistan so called " The surgical strikes " .

So we need to look into what a surgical strike is and how it is going to effect the already deteriorating situation between Pakistan and India (Few of our Indian members are having Surgical strike fever these days ).

What is a surgical strike:

According to me an unprovoked attack intended to deal only with a specific targets is called a surgical strike.

Where would India intend to carry out such a strike:

According to them they would be targeting what in their mind is training camps of Kashmiri mujahedeen LET etc.

But this is not the end of it , India would be intended in destroying Pakistan's sensitive installations and infrastructure ie Dams and Reactors and military locations.

Why a surgical strike is unacceptable :

India has no right to cross Pakistan's airspace and International border for any aggressive intent.
It would be considered a full scale attack on Pakistan's sovereignty.

IAF's SU-30MKI's violated Pakistan's airspace on Lahore and Kashmir borders , they were fully armed , they were intercepted by PAF F-16's and were given 30 seconds to leave the airspace or they would be responsible for any damage so they were forced to leave.

How would they carry out such a Strike:

According to sources IAF's Sukhoi's , MIG-29's and Mirage 2000's will take part in such an attack and they will have to destroy designated targets pin pointed by IAF and Indian Government or they can use their Brahmos super dooper sonic cruise missile .

How would Pakistan Respond:

As far as i can think of any scenario where India carrying out a surgical strikes in Pakistan i guess Indians would have to suffer heavy losses as they would not be sending their whole air force but a limited number of Planes.

Which would be either shot down by SAM's or Pakistan Air Force and there would not be many IAF pilots returning back home alive with their Planes.

In such a fight PAF will dominate them as being a defensive force and there would be no or little damage on the ground as PAF would be the one to take the war to its side.

I have made up a possible response of Pakistan lets see.

1: Introduction of the locations of IAF and PAF air bases.

2: India's Air force Converging into the Hot zone to carry out the surgical strike they would be backed by force multipliers and AWACS.

3: Pakistan Air Force / Air defense will respond to the threat and during this operation Pakistan keeps a lethal weapon in its Hand.

Babur Cruise missile has a Range of 700km ( on paper ) and it is capable of destroying all of India's 18 Forward Air bases.

Lucky enough the Babur is believed to be deployed on Multi missile mobile launchers close to the border already.

Aftermath

After suffering heavy losses in Pakistan and on the ground on its own soil considering Pakistan's destructive Nuclear and Missile capability India would not start a full scale war.

Even if they did they would be demoralized and there would be very healthy Chances that Pakistan can take the battle to the Next level , also it would be Enough reason for China to arm Pakistan to its Teeth to cope with the adversary.

Share your ideas please.

Regards:

Written by Black Blood:pakistan:

good effort with all the maps Black Blood.

You make some sense with the stuff you say. Especially about the Babur Missiles. Being able to hit the IAF airbases.

But overall your presenting one possible scenario that favors Pak.
In case of a short war, its fairly a one sided view. That takes very few factors into account

In case of surgical strikes by India, India will likely only use Missiles such as Brhamos to target and destroy terror camps.

You do realize that this thread started with a post that called the Mumbai carnage as drama

Did you report that post too sir??

Nobody is stopping you from reporting the post.

What would india do if pakistan launched a Surgical strike on india?

One thing is certain though. If India uses Afghanistan as its terror launchpad against Pakistan (which it does), Afghanistan and India are going both to suffer immensely.

How?? thru surgical strikes into Afghanistan :azn:

Jokes apart.. I am not privey to the covert actions of India, but terror attacks from Afg is not a very lucrative strategy for GOI. It may give some kicks to the right wing hardliners but does not achieve much. The risk reward ratio for India is too unfavourable. Also with US being in the neighborhood, it does not seem practical as well.. Also this strategy has shown itself to be hugely ineffective and counter productive and the case in point is Pakistan's attempts on similar lines in India.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/strategic-geopolitical-issues/44215-monkey-trap.html

In my view, the interest India will hold for afg is to maintain its presense there and hence deny pakistan a carte blanche in that country that it enjoyed during taliban rule. This in my view will be attempted thru diplomatic means.

On a different note about this thread itself.. This is not going to happen. GOI and GOP do not operate like us folks who come and paint war scenarios on Defence forums. Unlike us, they are not in this for kicks..

dabong1 - why would Pak launch a surgical strike on India ? Is Pak public opinion inflamed against something that India has done in Pak ? Does Taliban have training camps in India or do Taliban leaders roam about in India ?

Someone here mentioned the downed Migs - the reason for this was that Indian forces actually believed that the intruders had no Manpads. Hence no countermeasures and the Shooting down of 1 Mig (other was engine flameout) and 1 Mi-8 helo.

dabong1 - why would Pak launch a surgical strike on India ? Is Pak public opinion inflamed against something that India has done in Pak ? Does Taliban have training camps in India or do Taliban leaders roam about in India ?

A surgical strike on the indian army in kashmir.....or maybe a strike on RSS HQ........both things inflame the pak public.

Someone here mentioned the downed Migs - the reason for this was that Indian forces actually believed that the intruders had no Manpads. Hence no countermeasures and the Shooting down of 1 Mig (other was engine flameout) and 1 Mi-8 helo.

Simply put they have just cause to strike back, we attacked their territory.

even is it was to do the job they were not bothered to do, we violated their sovereignty to do it.

even is it was to do the job they were not bothered to do, we violated their sovereignty to do it.

Maybe if the kashmir issue was solved, pakistan would bother to do something.

Well why arn't we looking at the reason why "surgical strikes" will be mounted. Kashmir should be solved under the latest treaty signed which is the shimla agreement that supersedes all other treaties. GoP can publicly withdraw from the shimla agreement but until then it should honor the treaty and honor the LoC. That includes not allowing militants to cut fences and sneak into India and shutting down the Muzaffarabad based UJC that even calls press conferences in Muzaffarabad. Although atleast during Musharraf's time they were kept low key.

A surgical strike on the indian army in kashmir.....or maybe a strike on RSS HQ........both things inflame the pak public.

On INdian Army in Kashmir.. Too dispersed for a surgical strike..
On RSS HQ.. No big loss for India.. Some may actually thank you..

In my view, the interest India will hold for afg is to maintain its presense there and hence deny pakistan a carte blanche in that country that it enjoyed during taliban rule. This in my view will be attempted thru diplomatic means.

On a different note about this thread itself.. This is not going to happen. GOI and GOP do not operate like us folks who come and paint war scenarios on Defence forums. Unlike us, they are not in this for kicks..

Ok even if GOI succeeds in diplomacy with the Afghans , what benefit would it will bring with so much hostile territory in the middle . Your corporates do need some protection to do business in Afghanistan , whose gona provide it ? Indian military , Northern Alliance (Highly unlikely). If you believe that youl have stake inside Afghanistan by simply ignoring the Pakistani Influence , i guess the American experince is infront of you . Peace is the way . And if India wants to do buisness in CAR it has to go through Pakistan , Either annihilate us or make peace with us , Its up to GOI to decide .
But recently India has shown some interest to send its millitery inside Afghanistan in exchange for the Greater US cooperation , I guess its not a fair deal , Risk/Success ratio is very high , Peace is the way ...!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom