What's new

Pakistan's Internet censorship

I am comparing the destruction of the Bamiyan Buddhas to the destruction of the Babri masjid. Both were sacred to someone and there was no justification for destroying either.

Now you are extending the issue to deaths of persons, while I was talking about the limited issue of destruction of the religious monuments. Do you mean to say that if no people died after the Babri Masjid was demolished, then the act would be justifiable?

If you knew anything about the Babri Masjid, you would know that it was not being used since the 1940s and it had been locked since. Get your facts right.

On the killings of persons, most deaths in the subsequent riots took place in Bombay, thousands of kilometres away from Ayodhya. The deaths occurred in the Muslim backlash due to anger about the demolition and then subsequent Hindu retaliation led by the Shiv Sena.

Ayodhya or the surrounding areas saw few killings.

I compared destroying a sacred Buddhist statue to the destruction of a sacred Masjid. I think both acts are equally condemnable.

First of all you extended the issue which is of one completely unrelated to the topic here, though I gave a couple of quotes and a simplified opinion, you seemed to have termed me with murderers such as BJP, RSS and all these three initial parties.

I do not know much about them apart from what is known to outsiders and thus I have found them to be the same dubious politicians that we have in South Asia, however these guys have got blood on their hands.

Both acts are condemnable but killing as a cause of it is worse, I condemn both and I do not thing there is much to say about this on this particular thread, though we can talk about it on some other thread.

The Assholes want us to react and become terrorists..! this was what they wanted.Pls people ignore. Muhammad[PBUH] has a reputation and God is the best preserver of reputations..!!!

Asallam O Alaikum,

Adil Najam, it was a really nice message for all of us. I was thinking a same thing like that but that was only in my mind i didn't try to say something and it happened because you were writing it you really had the strong words.

I like your post and need your permission to spread it. I believe in reality and until we will not share these thoughts with our fellow, we are not going to make a big change in our lives.

My Allah bless you!

Best Regards,
Hammad

PTA blocks Facebook
Staff Report

ISLAMABAD/LAHORE:

The Pakistan Telecommunication Authority has directed all Internet service providers in Pakistan to block Facebook until further orders. These directions have been issued in compliance with the orders of the Information Technology Ministry in view of the decision of the Lahore High Court. Justice Ijaz Ahmad Chaudhry had ordered the PTA to block the social networking website until May 31 across the country for hosting a competition of making caricatures of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). The PTA director submitted that they had blocked the link to the relevant page instead of the entire website.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Now PTA has blocked all Blackberry services in Pakistan. According to Waridtel they are going to block every service provider offering FACEBOOk services in Pakistan.

They don't know how long it make take to get Blackberry services back.

Peoples enough is enough............ lets start anti-christianism blog in the name of Freedom of speech. Find the weaknesses of christians :lol:

Lets fight each other and disgrace the religion of each other in the name of Freedom of speech. Lets be all sick for a change and swear each other in the name of Freedom.

Must be a fun........ what say?

Allow me to create that blog and i am willing to face the consequences :lol:

Lets just grow up now - Lets defame/disgrace each other's religion in the name of Freedom (with all respect to my dear Christian friends here)
Well how about a blog to say to them, you're forgiven? Jao maaf kia.

I mean they've put in their hard effort and time into defaming the prophet and they are worst for it. They have seeded bigotry in their nations, they have shown their children a wrong example of living life of antagonism they have also pretty much wasted their times.

Whats there to seek revenge on this? Have sympathy on them and forgive them. Make a page for this. What better way than to emulate the very person they mock - Prophet Muhammad after Fattah Makkah.

Banning stuff doesn't work. The more you ban it the more people learn about it and more people will now visit this page. This just increased the visibility of this FB Page even more. These fundos don't understand the world around them they just inferred even more legitimacy to this page.
Good Job LHC!!!!!!!!!

I for one support the ban they should have deleted the group immediately not when everybody finds there it is.The pictures inside that page are outrageous.We have every right to protest against them.This is the very sign insulting a religion under the name of freedom of speech.If freedom of speech is so much than we have every right to ban it as showing them that if they exceed there freedom so do i

Peoples enough is enough............ lets start anti-christianism blog in the name of Freedom of speech. Find the weaknesses of christians :lol:

Lets fight each other and disgrace the religion of each other in the name of Freedom of speech. Lets be all sick for a change and swear each other in the name of Freedom.

Must be a fun........ what say?

Allow me to create that blog and i am willing to face the consequences :lol:

Lets just grow up now - Lets defame/disgrace each other's religion in the name of Freedom (with all respect to my dear Christian friends here)

I know you are not serious and just giving similar example, but i would like to say that Muslims are strictly forbidden by Prophet Muhammad PBUH to engage Jews and Christians in comparison of the Prophets, for the very purpose that all Prophets be it Moses, Jesus Christ etc. are extremely venerable figures in Islam since they were the purest of humans who were divinely guided to help mankind.

We cannot do the same to any Prophet, usually it starts with such things and eventually there is all sorts of satire and comic representation of the person under discussion.

I really hate it when i see Jesus Christ being made fun of in certain movies and TV shows of the west.
To make fun of someone who is no more in this world and was known to have sacrificed all of his life for the sake of his fellow men and was chosen by GOD to be his messenger is not something i can digest as freedom of expression.
You mock an innocent man who was a great man to satisfy what need?

Why so determined to attack a person who is most sacred to Muslims all over the world for his good deeds and his humanity?
What purpose is there of people who have no knowledge of the life of Muhammad PBUH to start making drawings of him or to mimic him via competitions?
Despite the outrage felt by the Muslim world few years ago over a similar incident, still there is no realization that this is something we are very sensitive about?
Does freedom of expression have no limit?
In case of Jewish sentiments we see a more responsible behavior to ensure that hate based Nazi mentality does not take root again...it is not that this shall be eliminated but still pains are taken to deny freedom of speech to the anti Jewish hate groups...why does this responsible behavior evaporate into thin air when it comes to the sentiments of the Muslims?
I am talking about sentiments and not comparing the support of holocaust with mocking the Prophet of Islam...i am talking that both things are very painful to certain peoples...
I expect a realization on part of the facebook management which is running a social networking website, would you deliberately become party to an effort to mock the sentiments of millions of your subscriber over someone who does not care about the sentiments of others?
It does not make sense to me, honestly.

It is so sad to see that a social networking site is allowing such content despite a multitude of requests to remove the page.
There will be many ignorant fools who hate the Prophet Muhammad PBUH or make fun of him because that is what they like to do, however the problem is when someone takes similar sentiments to the biggest social networking site on the planet in the form of a competition and the moderators do not have the moral fiber to remove the link which they are 100% sure is causing pain to the Muslims who too are a huge percentage of subscribers to the website.

Even on this website there are instances of anti religious outbursts from the members but the mods remove such comments and do not defend their co coreligionists in making fun of other religions.
Is this too much to ask from the mods at facebook?

Will they allow similar provocative content against every religion, ethnicity and culture?
Does this not encourage further hatred in a world full of hate?

If Muslims ignore such things, does not mean it all stops...rather it becomes the norm...such are the ways of this world.
I think the response of Government of Pakistan is reasonable though it may irk many people who think that they could simply not visit the pages, however the point is that facebook is a commercial entity which earns money through the number of subscribers and hits on its site.
If facebook pursues a policy of such open bias against Muslim sentiments despite a huge number of requests to remove the content by many of its members, then the least what Muslim countries can do is to ban facebook so that there is a direct revenue impact.
It is the only peaceful way to really ignore face book.
Just banning the page in our countries would have zero impact in terms of business for facebook.

Guys, i see a serious problem of context, understanding and compatibility here.

Islam also tells us to keep a beard, not everyone does it, it also ask us to pray five times a day not everyone does it, eating maas is forbidden in hinduism, not everyone refrains from it, Christianity dont allow drinking, but everyone does it..so now what, you probably are suggesting that we should put everything on Auto-pilot and have a free ride, right?

wats this "maas"....?

murderers like BJP,RSS

Sorry to say.....but u ve got it terribly wrong.....:disagree:

Last edited:
in agree with you ....

the goverment is basically not much sincere with the islamic cause. they are having an excuse to ban , because every second child of pakistan is information saturated. they are scared of the evolution. they are aware of the blashphemous videos against the doggy president.

about the facebook. the specific links could be banned easily. it would not take more then an hour to locate the third part resource. you can also bloack the website which hosts the pics. facebook.com itself is just an interface server. it hosts the pictures on a third party. the application on another server. we can just bann that server...

probably the employees in PTA are dus...trust me...govermentias...

facebook.com/waqasahmed03
youtube.com/waqasahmed03

If only LHC, SHC and other courts along with people acted with such enthusiasm against Terrorism then WOT would be long over.

hey theres a differnce. one is the crime against humanity.. but another is the crime against perception... i think we should not take it too serious.. there are many people who dont like you.. are you going to go after all these guys.. and i am talking about individual person... but same is true for religions..!!!

You are referring to a Islamic Prophet as perception?

And this is coming from a Hindu who believes in mythology as a religion!

No offense, but we draw the red line here! Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) and any actions that degrade him or ridicule him are bound to get such reaction from Muslims. Maybe other religious followers are docile to religious degradation, but we as Muslims are not! Lest you forget the Babri Mosque incident in India?

You are referring to a Islamic Prophet as perception?

And this is coming from a Hindu who believes in mythology as a religion!

No offense, but we draw the red line here! Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) and any actions that degrade him or ridicule him are bound to get such reaction from Muslims. Maybe other religious followers are docile to religious degradation, but we as Muslims are not! Lest you forget the Babri Mosque incident in India?

Rightly put sir, if a bigot knows not what he talking about then its better for him to stay shut. People should understand that there is a red line when it comes to religion and that shall not be crossed or not allowed to. But unfortunately our own people the Muslims of today in the name of enlightenment and modernization become more critical of their own religion with out knowing what stands for what. Then ofcours of-course e the others will take this opportunity to do the same. Now I am no fan of either this GOV or over all system that our country is run on, and I believe that 1400 years ago Allah through our Prophet P.B.U.H gave us the right of freedom of speech. But I personally am not against this move by the LHC. I have one question for all do you even remotely believe that if the same people had gathered up to draw defamatory cartoons against the Holocaust would that page have lasted even for a second. Bloody hypocrites. Thats what they are.
:pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom