What's new

Pakistan's First Anti-Virus "Instant Virus Killer"

Pioneers? Do you mean to say Nortan and Mcafee started by Pakistani's. Before replying let me tell you I worked for Symantec Anti Virus product.

Where n wt u worked for Symantec Anti Virus product?
Forum would like to know!!!!!
Chrooooooooooooooooow

I didn't realize that creating the first "computer virus" could be a source for such pride. I guess what you want to say is that Pakistanis are not far behind in computer security. Okay, point taken.

The derailment of this thread can be attributed solely to this post
Pioneers? Do you mean to say Nortan and Mcafee started by Pakistani's. Before replying let me tell you I worked for Symantec Anti Virus product.
I have reported it. Please refrain from engaging in any unnecessary arguments.

Thats a horrible name for an antivirus. They could have atleast made it sound cool.

Where n wt u worked for Symantec Anti Virus product?
Forum would like to know!!!!!
Chrooooooooooooooooow

This forum is not the place where I would like to discuss my CV. I did not intend to say that Pakistani's are behind anything. Read my earlier post, I just asked clarification to word pioneer used, what I understood from that word is Pakistan might have contributed in initial creation of antivirus products. Norton and Mcafee being the two I thought of asking which. Hope I have clarified.

I didn't realize that creating the first "computer virus" could be a source for such pride. I guess what you want to say is that Pakistanis are not far behind in computer security. Okay, point taken.

The derailment of this thread can be attributed solely to this post

I have reported it. Please refrain from engaging in any unnecessary arguments.

I am not sure how did you found this post of mine reason for going offtopic. Can you explain, I will like to learn. Do you apply same criteria on every post. I asked question related to topic, it was the reply that detailed the thread.

Nice Work. I am also looking to make some thing similar! ;)

Sorry for late reply, i went through your posts now,

When i said pioneers of Virus it meant the first ever PC virus and as u can see the clip uploaded by another member, it were the lahorites, two alvi brothers who did it, and by the way its a matter of pride as far as the recognition of the genious is concerned, besdies this, it wasn't harmfull, it infact ensured the tracking of copyright violation and its a good thing.

I got into computing in 1989 when i was a 8th grade student, though i did masters in 2002 in computer sciences but i had some info about first PC virus made by pakistanis.

i also hold masters in economics and cost and management certification and thus adopted finance/accounting as a profession, but i couldn't resist my crush on computers.

anyhow, technology is technology, and we asians are good at computing, we should be proud of it.

brain was the not the 1st virus,
creeper, rotherj, elk cloner were the 1st ones in their class.

brain was derived from ashar virus code.
Also google any vexing site and go thru virus history.

For your kind Information:

Brain was first PC Boot sector Virus for MS-DOS operating System, Created by two Pakistanis.
When there was 96% People were running PC's With MS-DOS OS.

-creeper - A virus to infect mainframe computer running TENEX OS.
rotherj and elk cloner - Viruses infects Microcomputer infecting Apple II OS.

Analysts Claim that Brain was derived from ashar virus code, We have no trusted information about this. however if it is true, no matter Ashar Virus code was created by Pakistani too.

you need to Google it ..

:pakistan:

Brain was the first virus for DOS/IBM PCs. This is a historical fact and has been reported in several early books about virus development.

Ashar Nisar as a Pakistani who was friends with Basit and Amjad Alvi. They co-wrote the Brain virus but it is the Alvi brothers who seem to get most of the credit.

Good job , a recomendation is these boys should target local market and also , Countries such as Indonesia , Malaysia , China to sale this product .

Regards:

For your kind Information:

Brain was first PC Boot sector Virus for MS-DOS operating System, Created by two Pakistanis.
When there was 96% People were running PC's With MS-DOS OS.

-creeper - A virus to infect mainframe computer running TENEX OS.
rotherj and elk cloner - Viruses infects Microcomputer infecting Apple II OS.

Analysts Claim that Brain was derived from ashar virus code, We have no trusted information about this. however if it is true, no matter Ashar Virus code was created by Pakistani too.

you need to Google it ..

:pakistan:

Yes its the second PC virus no doubt, but 96% ppl were runnng MS-Dos that time i guess 1986/87 is not correct. wake up kid.
That time apple & nix were much more popular& used.

Yes even i have heard asher virus code was made by a pakistani but in some vexing circle its doubted, they say some Israeli guy did it. neways it doesnt matter.

But cbrain definitelywas not the 1st virus, the concept of virus was there since the late 60s.
elk cloner was the 1st personal computer virus infecting Apple Dos versions.

For ibm dos version brain was the 1st one, though asher was 1st in many vexing & re cirles. but this was the bootsector virus.
file virus released by russians & east europens preceded bootsector virus. this argument is again got two sides in vexing circles.

http://www.mac-net.com/1798082.page

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom