What's new

Pakistan’s first AH-1Z attack helicopters on-track for 2017 delivery

out of all these gunships, which one do you guys think is the best in terms advance technology and other gunship catagories

out of all these gunships, which one do you guys think is the best in terms advance technology and other gunship catagories
AH-1z hands down, faster, meaner, uglier, better and expensive.

x4j79jb.jpg

AH-1Z is latest American attack heli. If terrorists are scared of ancient Pak helicopters then you can imagine what this beast will do.

x4j79jb.jpg
is the AH-1Z better than a AH-64D india is geting?

AH-1Z is latest American attack heli. If terrorists are scared of ancient Pak helicopters then you can imagine what this beast will do.
AH-1Z is also the most unreliable in terms of supply. its like when we were excepting the F-16s in 2000s but the us backed out

We need to dump all American equipment !! I strongly believe Pakistan and USA will become sworn enemies of each other in the future, and we should start planning now.
Bro,

That is not constructive thinking and we should not loose hope. Every state has element of good in it - administrations come and go.

Bro,

That is not constructive thinking and we should not loose hope. Every state has element of good in it. Administrations come and go.
we should however stop relying on american weapons. we are not israel and the US can turn on us at any moment. They are already selling weapons to India to counter our weaponry

AH-1Z is also the most unreliable in terms of supply. its like when we were excepting the F-16s in 2000s but the us backed out
AH-64D is anti armour Heli,carries far more load than 1Z but being slower and less agile than 1z is not a good (on paper) CAS aircraft.
AH-1Z was meant for CAS from the beginning (as it was used against Viet cong) is agile,faster better suited for COIN ops and also has a potent anti armour capabilities
Both are similar but AH-1z has more bang for the buck as it is considerably cheaper than Apache and is almost similar in capabilities.
Depends on what you want.

AH1Z is beauty and I am hopeful, contract is moving as per deal. PAA will receive its first batch in late 2017.
Once 12 are delivered, PAA will put another order of 8 of these (My assumption)

Looking at the comparison table, i think Z-10 seems to be better in comparison with T-129, why is PA going for the later?

Looking at the comparison table, i think Z-10 seems to be better in comparison with T-129, why is PA going for the later?
Because the comparison table gives performance and characteristics numbers on paper (versus in the field), and does not include any cost factors (acquisition, operation, maintenance, the latter pair annually as well as over the life cycle) or any information on the deal being offered (i.e. ToT, off-set orders, local involvements etc). Nor does it considerer if future parts and ammo purchases will be easy or hard, or that these could be made locally.

Slight correction, India is procuring the AH-64E "Guardian" Helicopters:
India will receive 22 AH-64E Apache attack helicopters and 15 CH-47F Chinook heavy-lift helicopters. Both are the newest models of those aircraft.
http://boeing.mediaroom.com/2015-09...ndia-for-22-Apache-and-15-Chinook-Helicopters
It has significant improvements over the Delta model.
http://nationalinterest.org/blog/th...s-fear-the-ah-64e-“guardian”-helicopter-18175

TTP guys were said to be afraid from only two things at the battlefield ....Drone attack and Cobra !

We need to dump all American equipment !! I strongly believe Pakistan and USA will become sworn enemies of each other in the future, and we should start planning now.

Imo,too few of you see your REAL ENEMIES! Also political issues (blackmail) with spares. Remember the F 16s? Sir,you are wise.

Payload similar.
Apache more rugged.
Viper more agile.
Weapons identical.
Systems the same.

They are the two best attack choppers in the world, however India has a big plus in that a their guardians i.e. the E version will be coming with the Longbow radar. Pakistan has not ordered the Longbow for the Viper fleet yet.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom