What's new

Pakistan's "Dirty Harry" Murdered by the Taliban

RiazHaq

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Haq's Musings: Karachi's "Dirty Harry" Chaudhry Aslam Killed by Taliban

“As a Muslim, my faith tells everyone has to die one day. I’m not afraid of it.”

The above quote is from Police Superintendent Chaudhry Aslam Khan, the head of Karachi City's anti-terror operations, who was a brave cop indeed. He ran out of luck today after flirting with death every day for decades. He was killed in a suicide attack near Essa Nagri at the Lyari Expressway in Karachi on Thursday. May his soul rest in peace!

SP Chaudhry Aslam Khan RIP
Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) has claimed responsibility for the "successful" attack, according to media reports. TTP central spokesman Shahidullah Shahid told Newsweek Pakistan: “Chaudhry was on our hit-list. He was directly involved in killing more than 50 mujahideen and anyone who dares to launch an operation against the mujahideen will be our target."

Earlier in the day, an anti-terror team led by Aslam conducted a raid along the Northern Bypass in the Manghopir area of Karachi and claimed to have killed three militants. A policeman also suffered injuries during the raid.

Chaudhry Aslam Khan had been shot at dozens of times in his career. He survived a massive bomb attack in September 2011 which left a huge crater where his home stood in Karachi's Defense Society neighborhood.

A 2011 Guardian newspaper story described Aslam in the following words: "Few know the dark streets as well as Aslam, a grizzled police veteran of 27 years' experience. Profane, chain-smoking and usually armed with a Glock pistol, he has earned a controversial reputation as Karachi's version of Dirty Harry – the cop who will do whatever it takes to keep the peace."

For those unfamiliar with "Dirty Harry" character, it is the name of a fictional San Francisco Police Department Homicide Division Inspector "Dirty" Harry Callahan which was immortalized by Clint Eastwood. Dirty Harry has come to symbolize a no holds barred cop who relentlessly pursues bad guys to remove them from the streets.

Chaudhry Aslam was a very courageous officer who put his life on the line to protect the citizens of Karachi. It will be extremely difficult, if not impossible, to replace such a dedicated and committed police officer.

Haq's Musings: Karachi's "Dirty Harry" Chaudhry Aslam Killed by Taliban

Rest In peace....
I hop the nation recognize the real enemies soon

RIP ... hope he is enjoying the heavens and his killers face a ugly death soon

And the federal and the provincial government would have us believe they have everything under control with their bogus operation. He was martyred on the same road he was attacked before, where were the rishwat khore police check points? oh I forgot, they took rishwat and probably let the bomber get near.

Lanat on all those who support Taliban, I hope one day they get what they have been meting out to others.

Salute to the Martyr, may he rest in peace.

Back
Top Bottom