What's new

Pakistan's Ballistic Missle Defence Systems?

Pakistan needs BMDS

• Yes my life is precious

Votes: 48 70.6%
  • No I like to be nuked

Votes: 20 29.4%

• Total voters
It's not that easy, first get use to tech then on gaining experience develop Your Own.
Pakistan has been operating several air defence systems.

I think Iran has build some air defence systems over the years..

FM-90 --- HQ-16 --- HQ-9/19 this should be the way forward

Why would they nuke empty deserts?

Plus by that point all of India should be nuked, so no threat.
If they decide to nuke Pakistan, in such insanity why do u expect them to leave out Balochistan? In warfare one must always consider all scenarios and most of all the worst case scenarios and prepare accordingly.

And India being nuked doesn't equal no threat. India has a second strike capability. Even after India is nuked it can still harm us.

Not only ABMS but multi layered ABMS with likes of S 400 class than the medium range ABMS and than S 2 Pantsir

What about systems such as HQ9? We were interested in the system never the less to fill a large gap we have In high altitude air defence. Since this system is originally based on Russian s300, can it be used for limited ABM roles on important installations? I read that HQ9 possess this capability albeit In limited capacity.
There is no stopping the assault of modern nuclear delivery systems. India doesn't even field the nuclear weapons HQ-9 can intercept. No need to have wet dreams about a credible BMD.

Pakistan's best and only bet against India is to maintain full-spectrum deterrence by continuously upgrading its offensive nuclear capability.

Strategically abm is only good for less sophisticated enemy with current limitations of technology....scuds.. non separating non nuclear missiles... and that too not in volleys...

A detrmined enemy will always find a way around it... a very simple way would be to numerically overwhelm it... as you are not going to have a chance to reload the launcher....so if a non defended city will be facing a single nuclear missile a defended one may face 10 (warheads)..or even more... most of them will get through...rest is imagination...

Abm will be built... but i think they would be based on directed energy weapons to be usefull against a sophisticated attack..

We can easily utilize our existing technology of the neutron warhead and use that even as a theatre BMD. There is no radiation fallout and a neutron burst from 1kt warhead at the altitude of 60km is as powerful as a neutron burst from a 10kt warhead due to a much thinner atmosphere and there would be no need of ultra expensive radars for accurately tracking and pin pointing incoming missiles since the neutron burst is sure to destroy any incoming missile within a 3km radius.

And before you ask that if it's so easy then why hasn't the u.s. done so. Well they have back in the 70s (look up spartan and sprint missiles) but was discontinued only due to treaties with the ussr and political pressure from the anti nuke movement, not because it wasn't feasible.

Last edited:
No. We need to rather invest in offensive warhead delivery technology like the hypersonic glide vehicles and MIRV which render enemy's ABMDS worth billions of dollars useless and therefore create deterrence. Pakistan will not survive a nuclear war due to it geographic limitations, therefore our first priority ought to be to retain the capability to attack and annihilate India. Our best defense is to make sure our nuclear forces can bypass any ABMDS India puts into action.
I agree with you

No. We need to rather invest in offensive warhead delivery technology like the hypersonic glide vehicles and MIRV which render enemy's ABMDS worth billions of dollars useless and therefore create deterrence. Pakistan will not survive a nuclear war due to it geographic limitations, therefore our first priority ought to be to retain the capability to attack and annihilate India. Our best defense is to make sure our nuclear forces can bypass any ABMDS India puts into action.
"They believe in conjectures". So, Pak's job is to overburden them with new avenues of attack...

Get defensive as well as offensive capabilities is important. No one wins a war by pinning hopes on one kind of technology or strategy only.

Back
Top Bottom