What's new

Pakistani University develops Pakistan's first Phased Array Radar System.

NakedLunch

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
https://www.dawn.com/news/1323372/local-university-develops-pakistans-first-phased-array-radar

Local university develops Pakistan's first Phased Array Radar
DAWN.COMPUBLISHED 14 MINUTES AGO
3 COMMENTS
PRINT
Capital University of Science & Technology (CUST), Islamabad recently conducted a field trial for Pakistan’s first ever Phased Array Radar (PAR).

Pioneered by the Controls and Signal Processing Research (CASPR) department of CUST, the radar will be used for air surveillance.

Traditional radars tend to use large dish rotating antennas, while newer radars move their radio beams electronically. To accomplish this feat, calculations have to be precise to one billionth of a second, an achievement CUST has successfully claimed.

Professor Aamer Iqbal Bhatti, accompanied by his former PhD student, worked on a plan to design and develop a prototype for the PAR. After receiving approval for funding, the professor assembled a team to undertake the project.

ADVERTISEMENT
Experts such as Dr Inam Ilahi Rana of Bismillah Electronics, a respected authority on microwave transmissions, undertook the microwave subsystem of the radar, while a relatively new company, Renzym, worked on the signal processing module of the PAR.

Changes in political regimes meant the project did not get the necessary support from sponsors, but the project persevered.

The first field test was conducted at the rooftop of Mohammad Ali Jinnah University in 2011. Despite its success, financial constraints plagued the project.

Bismillah Electronics and Renzym stayed on despite the problems and the project continued.

After completing the circuits and signal processing modules by 2016, and after the required testing phase, work on the Phase Array Radar concluded.

The Phase Array Radar has defence applications and will assist the Pakistan Army, Pakistan Air Force, and Pakistan Navy.

This article originally appeared on ProPakistani.com and has been reproduced with permission

What does it look like?

Its also sad to hear the program didn't get the necessary financial support.

What does it look like?
My intelligence sources tells me that It looks like a
Radar.

You managed four words today in a single post! You must be excited. Sorry, there were no pictures with the article.
5 words & a symbol to be precise. That's a ground breaking achievement.

Edit: wow he added one more line. Revolutionary.

My intelligence sources tells me that It looks like a
Radar.

5 words & a symbol to be precise. That's a ground breaking achievement.

Edit: wow he added one more line. Revolutionary.

LOL!

We can do this even lack of funding this is Pakistan

I appreciate your spirits but Pakistan is nevertheless part of this universe where law of physics and economics are the same as rest of the world. Lack of funds will kill any good project.

There were news that at one crazy time when Raja Perveiz Ashraf was PM of Pakistan, he directed research funds from radar research project to BB Income Support Program, and if that had not happened, Pakistan might have been using its own radar in JF-17s today.

I appreciate your spirits but Pakistan is nevertheless part of this universe where law of physics and economics are the same as rest of the world. Lack of funds will kill any good project.

There were news that at one crazy time when Raja Perveiz Ashraf was PM of Pakistan, he directed research funds from radar research project to BB Income Support Program, and if that had not happened, Pakistan might have been using its own radar in JF-17s today.

That is actually true. The funds were diverted from a research lab.

What does it look like?

Its also sad to hear the program didn't get the necessary financial support.
PAR.jpg

Pakistan can develop Aesa radar.it just needs motivation and funding.

A positive news which makes the whole nation proud. Pakistan has plenty of talent and it is slowly showing itself. Phase Array Radars are current technology. It is vital that we get to grips with technologies like this for our survival.

Back
Top Bottom