What's new

Pakistani boxers going to America for sponsorships

Shazzad123

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Now Pakistan has a per capita of $1,543

This is extremely low, this is ranked 154th in the world

This means even if Pakistanis begged the government for money. The government doesn't have any. Any money for sports is thrown into cricket which makes no sense because cricket isn't even popular worldwide

Apart from Pakistan, India and Sri Lanka, the sport is basically leisure time and nothing else. People in Jamaica play cricket but they play it in a leisure way. The British made cricket and even they're obsessed with football not cricket. The sport is a leisure sport in Britain. The Australians win so many world cups yet even they don't take the game cricket seriously. They would rather win rugby world cups and play rugby then cricket

Apart from Pakistan and India. The whole world sees Cricket as either boring or for leisure because it requires little to no athleticism to play

Even within Pakistan, groups like Baloch, Siddis and Hazaras don't like cricket either. They play football or boxing also.

Also even after many years of playing cricket. Players like Shahid Afridi have $20 million at most

The average Pakistani cricket player on the national team makes $1 million a year

A country with an average per capita of $1543 and 11 players on a cricket team with 200 million people means that most Pakistani cricket players have no money to support people in times of poverty in general because $20 million for a whole lifetime of being the best team Pakistan offers is nothing.

This is in stark contrast from boxing where Muhammad Waseem who earned $5 million already from his WBC silver flyweight title which isn't even a world title. A low level boxer like Muhammad Waseem made more money than 8 out of the 11 players on the Pakistani cricket team in less than 3 years of boxing.

Top tier boxers like Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquaio are worth $1 billion to $500 million

Floyd Mayweather has more money than the GDP for many major towns in Pakistan.

Manny Pacquaio has donated $500 million in development of houses for 100,000 people, paying for people's medical bills, providing scholarships, gyms, better facilities, hospitals, and schools too.

No way any athlete in Pakistan has the money to even feed 5,000 people continuously.

If Nadir Baloch goes to America and gets sponsored. He can win a lot of money and help his whole town of Liyari. The sport of boxing has a bright future here because its a poverty alleviating sport.

Sports like football are good but they require government help and grassroot levels of excitement to grow

Boxing is independent and there is a lot more money and helps the people in their environments more

The sport of cricket will die out soon because its not only destroying Pakistani talent. It has no money at all and there is no chances of anybody getting on the team.

Even Pakistanis in Britain are obsessed with boxing.

Hamzah Sheeraz is the WBO European champion and ranked 8th in the world.

Boxing is a poor man's sport and there is also a lot more bragging rights and a sense of masculinity in the sport

A big plus point is that even 30 Pakistanis can join if they get sponsorships in America or Europe

Its no wonder billions of people worldwide love the sport.

Where did you get the 5 Million $ figure from?? for Muhammad Waseem

pakistanis can make more money staying in shape with aerobic activities. you have a better live, better health and hopefully people are more productive

Don't know a single Pakistani boxer in America.

Why would they get sponsored when there are so many born here that are the best of the best and talent from many other countries?

south asia’s olympics performance seems to be suggesting some other factors contributing to dismal sports scene
I think people of West African descent are the best at most sports today.

Mike Tyson, Muhammad Ali, and Floyd Mayweather are just three prime examples of how they dominate the boxing scene.

Don't know a single Pakistani boxer in America.

Why would they get sponsored when there are so many born here that are the best of the best and talent from many other countries?
Muhammad Waseem was under Mayweather promotions

Hamzah Sheeraz is working under Ricky Funez
Same guy with Ryan Garcia

Adam Azim was ranked number 1 in youth amateur welterweight and is on MTK global right now
I think people of West African descent are the best at most sports today.

Mike Tyson, Muhammad Ali, and Floyd Mayweather are just three prime examples of how they dominate the boxing scene.
All 3 of those of guys are either dead or retired. Also its Mexicans, Filipinos and now Pakistanis coming up in boxing. Muhammad Ali is long gone and was from the 60s era. Mayweather is mostly a run around cherry picker. Being a boxer and being good at sports is different. Every group has certain sports they lean too. Also black fighters are slick in nature. Mexicans are brawlers. Central Asians are also brawlers like GGG. Pakistani boxers are a mix of speed and footwork. In the UK, Frank Warren has 7 Pakistanis on Queensbury Promotions. The same Frank Warren who promoted Lennox Lewis in the past.

Muhammad Waseem was under Mayweather promotions

Hamzah Sheeraz is working under Ricky Funez
Same guy with Ryan Garcia

Adam Azim was ranked number 1 in youth amateur welterweight and is on MTK global right now
That's like 3 or 4 guys bro, do you know how many boxers there are right now in American boxing?

Pakistanis have a better shot in UK boxing than here.

I have noticed that a majority of Pakistanis I know here enrolled in school are academic type and the athletic ones are much more uncommon.

That's like 3 or 4 guys bro, do you know how many boxers there are right now in American boxing?

It takes 1 Manny Pacquaio to clean out the weltweight divisions from Barerra to Keith Thurman

Its quality that matters not numbers. You can have bums who pass a belt around all day like they do in Mexico a lot of times

Even Canelo had his title stripped for not fighting his mandatory.

Just having a bunch of boxers ducking each other is not good for business.

I mean the top fighters right now are

Erol Spence

Keith Thurman

Canelo

The Charlo brothers

Deontay Wilder or Tyson Fury

The rest like Danny Garcia are just door keepers.

It takes 1 Manny Pacquaio to clean out the weltweight divisions from Barerra to Keith Thurman

Its quality that matters not numbers. You can have bums who pass a belt around all day like they do in Mexico a lot of times

Even Canelo had his title stripped for not fighting his mandatory.

Just having a bunch of boxers ducking each other is not good for business.

I mean the top fighters right now are

Erol Spence

Keith Thurman

Canelo

The Charlo brothers

Deontay Wilder or Tyson Fury

The rest like Danny Garcia are just door keepers.
About as likely as me waking up in a bed with Selena Gomez but yeah it could happen.

south asia’s olympics performance seems to be suggesting some other factors contributing to dismal sports scene
Olympics is useless to even think about

Its amateur and requires government support.

Qais Ashfaq wasted his time going for the British Olympic team

Amir Khan won silver at the Olympics before being tossed around by real fighters in the pros.

To have a good Olympic teams requires government support

To fight amatuer and then go pro doesn't.

Pakistan will never be like Cuba at the Olympics

However it can be like Mexico in the pros because people want money first of all

Medals are useless unless people can feed their families

Shah Hussain Shah won bronze for Pakistan and was left to rot on the street.

Im sorry but people need to feed their families first

Manny Pacquaio didn't even care about the olympics

He went pro at 16 there

About as likely as me waking up in a bed with Selena Gomez but yeah it could happen.
All Im saying is that a country where poverty is extremely high and most people there love to fight

Starting underground money fight clubs in Pakistan would be useful for the economy and a good domestic circuit.

The Soviet Union use to do this a lot

This is why nations like Uzbekistan has a decent domestic circuit however they don't have promoters to fight in America.

I have noticed that a majority of Pakistanis I know here enrolled in school are academic type and the athletic ones are much more uncommon.
There is almost 5000 Pakistanis in the domestic circuit in Britain.

Many have European titles

However the big money fights are in America

If a guy like Amir Khan can get Freddie Roach to train the guy

I'm sure a lot of Pakistanis in the UK can get into the American market and even Pakistanis from back home too.

Also you can be good in school and sports. Why do you think NCAA exist for? All football and basketball players need to be students

However boxing is not scholastic. Its mostly blood and violence. Most Pakistanis excluding urdu speakers love blood and violence.

Last edited:
Olympics is useless to even think about

Its amateur and requires government support.

Qais Ashfaq wasted his time going for the British Olympic team

Amir Khan won silver at the Olympics before being tossed around by real fighters in the pros.

To have a good Olympic teams requires government support

To fight amatuer and then go pro doesn't.

Pakistan will never be like Cuba at the Olympics

However it can be like Mexico in the pros because people want money first of all

Medals are useless unless people can feed their families

Shah Hussain Shah won bronze for Pakistan and was left to rot on the street.

Im sorry but people need to feed their families first

Manny Pacquaio didn't even care about the olympics

He went pro at 16 there

US Olympians get zero federal funding. Most of our athletes break through at the University level.

In my younger days Pakistanis were the least atheletic of virtually any ethnic group.

Even today they avoid any physical work or sport. Some of the younger ones have fortunately got the western mindset and are involved in sports.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom