What's new

Pakistani Ballistic Missiles: Indigenous Content & Development

@The Deterrent
mate do you have any idea what is the blast yields of our warheads

Smallest could be subkiloton-1 kiloton (Nasr warheads), estimated by multiple analysts.
As for largest, back in '98 Pakistan aimed for ~40 kiloton, but evidently didn't achieve that objective. Given the modernization of design & manufacturing, and the availability of Plutonium as fissile material, not only the warheads have been miniaturized but also their (expected) yields must have been increased to the desired level. But it should be kept in mind that Pakistan will not go beyond that, as it is enough at strategic level deployment against counter-value targets.

What about Ghauri & Shaheen Missles? How much destruction they can do without carrying any nuclear warheads?

Is 2000 lb enough for any ballistic missile whether its short range missile or long range?
Depends on payload. Obviously I meant Shaheen-II. But it is waste of a critical resource to use it as a conventional weapon, thats why it won't ever be used as one.

I would love to see Abdali developed inroads a SY-400 type system with 8 missile multiple launcher.

Depends on payload. Obviously I meant Shaheen-II. But it is waste of a critical resource to use it as a conventional weapon, thats why it won't ever be used as one.

I thought they could destroy the entire city :undecided:

I thought they could destroy the entire city :undecided:

Think about it... They carry roughly 2000 pound warhead how can they have anymore than a 2000 bomb? If a conventional warhead could destroy a whole city why would you need nuclear warhead?

Think about it... They carry roughly 2000 pound warhead how can they have anymore than a 2000 bomb? If a conventional warhead could destroy a whole city why would you need nuclear warhead?

Bro I have lack of technical knowledge about ballistic missiles. You might be right but if you see the size of any ballistic missile, it makes you wonder how destructive it can be.

Bro I have lack of technical knowledge about ballistic missiles. You might be right but if you see the size of any ballistic missile, it makes you wonder how destructive it can be.
However large the size may be, it is only the tip (warhead) that reaches the target.

I am amazed how people are talking so much irresponsibly without any authenticity here about our missile systems. Most of the respected members are just getting information from web searches i.e. google/wikipedia who have information based on their own speculations but not based on internal facts. I can surely say that people who are talking about ghauri 2 and ghauri 3 know nothing about them. And i am amazed that they even have given the technical aspects of modifications as well :o . I can confirm that such modifications i.e. aluminium tanks, over all length etc were never made or tried to ghauri 1. In fact there is nothing like ghauri 2 or ghauri 3. KRL is still struggling hard to modify ghauri 1 at the moment which they havent been successful yet. One more thing, I admit that guidance system of ghauri 1 was modified and improved by NDC but nothing else was changed as far as mechanical structure of ghauri 1 is concerned so you can't call it as ghauri 2.
Please be noticed that here you can easily write that just a diameter or length of a missle was changed but by changing every single major dimension you have to change the jigs, fixtures and all the other testing facilities accordingly so its not a piece of cake which has not been done yet.

Does anybody know about the Taimur ICBM (7000km range) that was allegedly under the works. It would be nice to have someone shed some light on that...

I am amazed how people are talking so much irresponsibly without any authenticity here about our missile systems. Most of the respected members are just getting information from web searches i.e. google/wikipedia who have information based on their own speculations but not based on internal facts. I can surely say that people who are talking about ghauri 2 and ghauri 3 know nothing about them. And i am amazed that they even have given the technical aspects of modifications as well :o . I can confirm that such modifications i.e. aluminium tanks, over all length etc were never made or tried to ghauri 1. In fact there is nothing like ghauri 2 or ghauri 3. KRL is still struggling hard to modify ghauri 1 at the moment which they havent been successful yet. One more thing, I admit that guidance system of ghauri 1 was modified and improved by NDC but nothing else was changed as far as mechanical structure of ghauri 1 is concerned so you can't call it as ghauri 2.
Please be noticed that here you can easily write that just a diameter or length of a missle was changed but by changing every single major dimension you have to change the jigs, fixtures and all the other testing facilities accordingly so its not a piece of cake which has not been done yet.

You are right, the information posted in the start of the thread is based on information publicly available, most of which about Ghauri is misleading. It is true that a higher range variant of Ghauri was never deployed, maybe some experimentation was done which never succeeded. However the guidance was essentially improved as you said, and maybe thats why this variant of Ghauri (with better guidance) was named as Ghauri-II, causing confusion and misinformation.

I cannot edit the posts any longer, otherwise I would've rectified the errors.

Does anybody know about the Taimur ICBM (7000km range) that was allegedly under the works. It would be nice to have someone shed some light on that...
There is no use of shedding light in a dark vacuum.

We await the Shaheen 3 or Tipu Missile news with patience

dec13c1b3a0c848dc2b96646dddc1070.jpg

Back
Top Bottom