What's new

Pakistani ballastic missile hitting the target clip PTV?

jehangirhaider

Reaction score
Dear PDF members,
I have so much curiosity about SSM (surface to surface ballistic missile ) hitting the target on the ground.

Actually, I have seen one clip on PTV news between 2002 and 2005.(do not know exact year even, but 200% sure, coz i have discussed that clip with my father also, that clip was amazing, seen first time then never again) . Clip was showing Pakistani shaheen series missile hitting the target somewhere in Baluchistan. That time army had conducted series of tests.

Clip showed two type of warheads hitting the target, one was air bursting another was simple(direct hitting ). Target area(probably Baluchistan, lot of barren rocks) was very rough.Target was a circle made with limestone powder and in the center of the circle, there was a red flag also.So,

1.Any PDF member have seen that clip, if so , how can we get it again.I am searching on internet for long time but no use.

2. Another curiosity, most of the countries just showed SSM launching but never showed hitting the target.
Only examples of target hitting , are cruise missiles (Brahmos and tomahawk ).Why?

looking forward for nice discussion.

Last edited:
Come on PDF members, need some response.157 views , no reply. I have also one question in this post, at least reply for that.

Why most of the countries just showed SSM launching but never showed hitting the target?
Only examples of target hitting , are cruise missiles (Brahmos and tomahawk ).

If google cant help me its means pdf members also cant:azn:.

anybody saw that clip? If not, It is possible that somebody can get it from PTV.

It will be really nice addition to defence.pk.If somebody got that.

I gave guaranty that clip exists and officially released on PTV.

Special request to webmaster and moderators.

May be all are enjoying meat, Me too missing so much meat. I am missing to celebrarte this Eid, coz the town were i am living , I knows, nobody:cry:So my Eid is like normal working day.

The Shaheen series is fired from Baluchistan into the Arabian sea and the Indian ocean...it is the Ghauri series that is fired from Attock into Baluchistan...so the clip shown is of a Ghauri system as PTV often shows clips from previous tests...the reason that you can't find the clip is that it would have been put up by mistake.....
And there are not 2 warheads hitting the target.....one is the main warhead assembly exploding as an air-burst...and the other is the ejected nose cone ramming into the ground.....
The reason why target hitting is not usually shown is that it could,maybe, reveal the accuracy of the system...
You cannot get the clip again because these kind of clips are of high secrecy....and are pulled off once shown.....

Back
Top Bottom