What's new

PAKISTAN WIN WORLD CUP 2009!!

Here, quote from Younis Khan, Pakistan's captain, after the defeat from England:

"It would be sad if we don't make it, but I have never attached too much importance to Twenty20 cricket, as it is fun cricket. I mean it is more for entertainment, even if it is international cricket. It is all for the crowd."

Here, quote from Younis Khan, Pakistan's captain, after the defeat from England:

"It would be sad if we don't make it, but I have never attached too much importance to Twenty20 cricket, as it is fun cricket. I mean it is more for entertainment, even if it is international cricket. It is all for the crowd."

yeah i read it on cricinfo, it really disappoints to know our captain has this view. its not about what he loves or what he dont love, its about what the 17 million people loves. honestly if he doesnt give importance to game love by his nation i even dont give a **** to him.

England is in to the next round.......

Pakistan has to beat holland in the next game with atleast a net run rate margine of +2.5 or a victory margine of 50 runs..

anyway , who is the fielding couch of pakistan side ?

Last edited:
Could someone pls ans the following Q's for me ;

1. How does GB field two two teams ( Eng & Sco) ?
2. Where are countries like Ireland & Holland for the rest of the yr, they emerge only to play tournaments ?

Is there any screening system for countries to field teams ?

I am a cricket fan , but being rather " rusty" with the latest I seek answers. Apologies in adv if these Q's seem silly .

Could someone pls ans the following Q's for me ;

1. How does GB field two two teams ( Eng & Sco) ?

GB is not a country AFAIK Scotalnd is a constituent country of United Kingdom with its own flag. GB is an Island lying to the northwest of Continental Europe. It is the ninth largest island in the world, and the largest in Europe. Even the England cricket team is not solely from England - Rather for England + Wales. More interesting is the West Indias, which constitutes more than 20 countries from the Carribian.

2. Where are countries like Ireland & Holland for the rest of the yr, they emerge only to play tournaments ?

They are playing tournaments organised by ICC for its associate members. ICC membership is in three stages: Full Members (Test playing Nations) Associate members (These are countries where cricket is firmly established and organised but do not qualify for Full Membership) and Affiliate members (These are countries where the ICC recognises that cricket is played according to the Laws of Cricket.). There are 34 associate members and 60 affiliate members, They play against each others and best rated teams amongst them qualify for the International tournaments. Quite similar to Football world cup, ICC organized world cup qualifiers for them a well.

Is there any screening system for countries to field teams ?
Yes there is. Countries play in ICC World Cricket League to qualify for a tournament and on basis of consistent performance, their status can be upgraded to full membership.

I am a cricket fan , but being rather " rusty" with the latest I seek answers. Apologies in adv if these Q's seem silly .

I hope that answers your questions. There are no silly questions only silly answers ...:cheers:

I believe bd will beat Irish today insh'allah though they beat us last world cup. :cry:
If bd lose today than we should quit playing cricket out of extreme shame.:tdown:

Asraful proven to be unworthy cricketer. Bd team going toward grave.

Not looking too bright indeed for Bangladesh at the moment, right now their batting is as bad as Pakistan's batting was yesterday.
GO BANGLADESH GO! Show some fury, hit those balls with agression!

I believe bd will beat Irish today insh'allah though they beat us last world cup. :cry:
If bd lose today than we should quit playing cricket out of extreme shame.:tdown:

Go neiri an tadh leat :cheesy:

You will surely need it. I am half Irish and support anything Irish.

Given we suck at cricket (in fact most things:lol:) but there is something called the luck of the Irish.

Don't worry, we will win this one! You might be Bangla tigers and play with pride, but an Irish after a few pints of Guinness is unbeatable :bunny:

Now only if I can make some sense of this game :whistle:

Go neiri an tadh leat :cheesy:

You will surely need it. I am half Irish and support anything Irish.

Given we suck at cricket (in fact most things:lol:) but there is something called the luck of the Irish.

Don't worry, we will win this one! You might be Bangla tigers and play with pride, but an Irish after a few pints of Guinness is unbeatable :bunny:

Now only if I can make some sense of this game :whistle:

Well like I said. If we lose than it's no point of keeping this losing team instead money and energy should be spend for better cause. Irish isn't even a professional team yet they are out performing these so called test cricket team. :tsk:

Crap, if Bangladesh doesn't watch out, then they'll get outbowled..

England is in to the next round.......

Pakistan has to beat holland in the next game with atleast a net run rate margine of +2.5 or a victory margine of 50 runs..

anyway , who is the fielding couch of pakistan side ?

Pakistan team is worse, They dont deserve to be in top 8.
I think the captain (Mr Yonus Khan) is the most stupid person in the team.

Any ways, Pakistan team might be without fielding coach.
If there is then he shld be fired.

The prob of Pak team is the poor selection for the tournament. And skipper is also fool.
I am not in a favour of Younis khan, he cant become a good captain.

Back
Top Bottom