What's new

PAKISTAN WIN WORLD CUP 2009!!

sounds weird I say this after we have lost, but overal balance of team would never fetch us glory i.e. younis has no business in T20, Butt has failed miserably and again today he dropped a catch, leaked runs and got off to a real slow start. Few boundaries in first 6 overs dont count for nothing when you chasing 185 amid a fragile middle order with younis.

Cricket indeed is a waste of time...but i dont know why i keep supporting Pak

Those were the times when true champions like Imran Khan, Javed Miandad, Waqar Younis and Wasim Akram were winning trophies for Pakistan. Heck, these names are monumental and people still admire their past performance. They were true legends and inventors. Which one of the current players will even be remembered after retiring? This useless bunch doesn't perform under pressure.

The title of the thread should be change. "Chaak dey" is too indian.

Last edited:
Pakistan lost due to poor strategy first and then poor performance. Younis Khan should have batted first as he knew that england is under huge pressure and chasing any moderate total will bring them under more pressure. But surprisingly he opted to field and the reason give was D/L system mught come into place if the rain starts but even then they were playing a 50 over match unfortunatly not 20 ov3er.

We badly need people like Razzak, Imran Nazir and Rana Naved back in green colors. They are proven assets. Yasser arafat, I dunno whose parchi he is.

Babur CM has been banned for a week - and will be banned permanently if he continues with the type of posts that he had.

That goes for the rest of you as well.

If someone engages in behavior like this, don't respond, or you'll get banned as well. The moderators are not online every single waking moment, so we can't get to a reported post instantaneously, sometimes not till the next day. That does not mean you should take it upon yourself to respond to flames and engage in the same sort of behavior.

Go India! <3 I just hope they dont get complacent.
SA, NZ are my other favs.Ozzies are unpredictable.
Valiant Effort by BD in the last game.Well tried!
Pakistan seems a bit lost, weird lineups and strats.

Group B

Teams Mat Won Lost Tied N/R Pts Net RR For Against
England 2 1 1 0 0 2 +1.175 347/40.0 300/40.0
Netherlands 1 1 0 0 0 2 +0.050 163/20.0 162/20.0
Pakistan 1 0 1 0 0 0 -2.400 137/20.0 185/20.0

The picture looks quite rosy for Pakistan and below is just an assumption under both scenarios. If they bat first they need to score atleast 200 runs (seems to be highly unlikey by looking at their current form) and must not let the dutch score more than 170 runs and beat the dutch by at least 30 runs, Incase if they chase then they must make sure whatever the target is it must be achieved atleast 5 overs to spare otherwise they will be packing their stuff.

Better chance if they bat first, keeping the fingers crossed.

Valiant Effort by BD in the last game.Well tried!
Pakistan seems a bit lost, weird lineups and strats.

Bd is going against Irish next so there still time for us to comeback for another round. I haven't gave up one them yet.

Pakistan still have another change to comeback against Netherlands though I am disappointed by rubbish performance by pak team this time.

Group B

Teams Mat Won Lost Tied N/R Pts Net RR For Against
England 2 1 1 0 0 2 +1.175 347/40.0 300/40.0
Netherlands 1 1 0 0 0 2 +0.050 163/20.0 162/20.0
Pakistan 1 0 1 0 0 0 -2.400 137/20.0 185/20.0

The picture looks quite rosy for Pakistan and below is just an assumption under both scenarios. If they bat first they need to score atleast 200 runs (seems to be highly unlikey by looking at their current form) and must not let the dutch score more than 170 runs and beat the dutch by at least 30 runs, Incase if they chase then they must make sure whatever the target is it must be achieved atleast 5 overs to spare otherwise they will be packing their stuff.

Better chance if they bat first, keeping the fingers crossed.

so u mean to say we need to beat them by a margin of 30 runs. i dont agree with that, as far as i know pakistan if bat first they have to beat netherland with a margin bit greater than what englad beat us with.

ok guys so here are the possible scenarios for pakistan to achieve:
if pakistan bat first:
pakistan scores 200---they must restrict hd before 151
pakistan scores 180---they must restrict hd before 131
pakistan scores 160--- they must restrict hd before 111

if pakistan bowls first:
hd scores 131---- they must achieve in 14.5 overs
hd scores 150----they must achieve in 15 overs
hd scores 120 they must achieve in 14.2 overs

so what u all think , should they bat or bowl first and which option looks ideal.
for me its bat first try scoring 180+

You know, I was really, really dissapointed today.
My expectations were seriously high, I sat in my chair and watched the stream video with great quality btw, I was excited but cautious at the same time, it was that very same nationalistic cricket feeling I used to get.
All I saw was England dealing out sixes and 4's to our squad, and our fielders dropped 4 catches for crying out loud, the fielding was poor.
The batting performance was even worse, I mean, we got big hitters like Afridi and Misbah, what about steady openers like Salman Butt?
Younis Khan in my opinion is a worthless captain.
Where are players like Razzaq, Yousuf, Imran Nazir etc..?
Where is the determination, the confidence, the steady but strong buildup from our side? Our batting order continues to get rattled by bowlers.
We did quite well vs Australia, but we fail against England, who were under pressure because they had to win, and Pakistan didn't necessarily have to win this match, but it also didn't have to LOSE this match with such big margins.

It's a true shame, i'm serious, we got so much talent and we're considered as one of the bigger cricket nations, still we fail to prove it, perhaps a lack of professionalism?
Anyhow, things must be changed, I mean, if our captain Younis Khan doesn't take Twenty20 that serious, then what on earth is Pakistan doing in this tournament? I don't know if you read Younis his comments about T20.
Certain things need to be changed, and we seriously need to bring back players who have been left out of the squad.

It hurts like hell to lose like this, especially when we barely managed to hit any six or four, our run rate was poor, and it was clear from a certain point in the match that we wouldn't make it.
When will our team deliver? When will it make us proud? I seriously wonder.
They ought to set things straight and give the Netherlands a good beating to still make it to the Super Eight.
They owe that to cricket fans, and especially to the people of Pakistan.
It's their job to wash away all the negativity surrounding our country, they have the ability to do something about it, to put things in a positive daylight.

So..so dissapointed..

Back
Top Bottom